The F1-circus thread...

So when's the first race? I predict a 1st place finish by Kimi Raikonnen.

[/siz]

pic13.jpg

pic17.jpg

More carbon fibre, titanium and aluminium than the Merlin, Colnago and Cannondale factories put together...

In an interview with the Sun newspaper, David Coulthard made it clear that he expected to get the better of Michael Schumacher again this year.

Talking about his win at the 2001 Brazilian GP, he hinted that maybe the German's commitment in difficult situations could be waning.

"I watched Montoya's move and I analyzed that he had a car with more straight (line speed)," the Scot said. "The closing speed on Michael gave him the momentum to believe he could make the manoeuvre.

"It was a committed overtaking move, which any of the good guys would have attempted. I passed Michael later in the race, because he lifted as he could not see where he was going and, therefore, he had his doubts.

"I didn't lift because I had analyzed my commitment and knew it was my chance. It was a significant example that Michael is getting old. He's still good, but he lifted and I didn't."

Just another example of why I cannot handle DC. He takes an isolated incident and turns it into an ego trip. "MS is losing his edge because I passed him in the Brazilian GP. Forget about the rest of the season when he lapped me on a few occasions."
DC is a bigger moron than I thought! He should forget about Michael and concentrate on the fact that Raikonnen's probably going to out-qualify him 60:40.
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

You got that right, Raikonnen and Montoya are going to kick Schumacher's OLD ****! ;D

Let me take a deep breath first.....

By Monza, MS will have wrapped up the WDC. Raikonnen, Montoya and Rubino will be fighting over the scraps.

I have just witnessed a great event on television. The new Ferrari flew across the screen. First test run by the man. New lap record at 58/59 seconds on the test track ;D.

Bring the car to Australia. Schumi come on down! ;)

Observe the new front wing design:

pic11.jpg

Any of you lucky Aussies going to watch the GP in Melbourne?

Grid prediction Aus 2002:

• 1>MS
  • 2>Montoya
  • 3>Raikkonen
  • 4>Rubens
  • 5>Ralf
  • 6>Coulthard

Observe the new front wing design:

Vo2 you don't wear an anorak do you by any chance ;) (just joking)

Whilst I don't know every little thing about F1, it's always been one of those sports that I like to sit down and watch, That was until this year. The great god Murdoch has bought the rights and in this country F1 is now pay to view.

The first race weekend is £12 for the 3 days, if the price is the same for all the races then it will be £204 , considering that I could upgrade parts of my bike quite nicely for that sum of money, I know where my money would go if I did have the money

By the way since Murray Walker retired F1 will not seem the same.

(it just occured to me, does anybody outside the UK know who Murray Walker is ?)

hehe, nope, no anorak!

What do you mean do we know who Mr. Walker is? The voice of F1! "F1 spelt backwards is IF, wait for the lights....and it's GO! GO! GO!" Yep, we'll miss him this year, mistakes and all!

Here in SA the SuperSport channel will be showing F1 for the first time. FOR ALMOST THE WHOLE WEEKEND! YYYYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this moment for sooooo long! Finally, people that understand how to broadcast an F1 GP. In the past, we have had freakin' add breaks just as the race leader comes in for a pit stop! Good bye and good ridance! GGSSPPIITT!

Sorry to hear about the charges over in your part of the world, Lazarus. BAD BAD BAD!

Ferrari dominate Melbourne!
If it's gonna rain, it will be like lambs to the slaughter!

The grid:

1> Rubens 1:25.843
2> MS 1:25.848 0.005
3> Ralf 1:26.279 0.436
4> Coulthard 1:26.446 0.603
5> Raikkonen 1:27.161 1.318 8
6> Montoya 1:27.249 1.406

Official weather forecast for Melbourne:- Drizzle patches mostly clearing during the afternoon. Cloudy with a light to
moderate west to southwest wind tending southerly.

Radar shows virtually nothing on the screen for rain/showers.

Anyway. I see Red! I see Red! I see Red!

ABSOLUTE DOMINATION[/siz]
Wasn't that fight with JPM just sensational! Now that's what I call racing! If that scrap between MS and JPM is anything to go by, then this is going to be an awesome season!

PS: Dear Mr. Coulthard. Going off the track while still behind the pace car speaks for itself. Maybe you're getting too OLD for this sort of thing! ::)

WEBBER IS A LEGEND [/siz]

Any of you lucky Aussies going to watch the GP in Melbourne?
We did have tickets be never went, will be there next year tho ;)

Webber couldn't of wished for a better start to his career. He won't get many such chances this season, and he made the most of this one. Good drive. He seems like a nice bloke too.

He toyed with Montoya. Coulthard is too old - bloody obvious even before the race (he had trouble on his bicycle - reflexes were shot).

The red - just too cool and did it in an old car.

Wonder how fast the new car will be?

Now that's a good question! What a dilemma - run the old car cause the opposition can't match it or bring out the lethal weapon and totally destroy the field. Nice dilemma! 8)