The F1-circus thread...

Can't believe there are only a few days left before the start of the GP season.

The new fuel rule will make for interesting viewing, if nothing else.

So, F1 Fans, in light of the new rule changes et al, be brave and predict the first six drivers on the starting grid at Albert Park, Melbourne Australia on the morning of Sunday the 9th of March 2003....

Montoya, M Schumacher, Raikonnen, Barrichello, Coulthard, Ralf

Result Michael, Rubens, Kimi or Juan for 3rd

i think Montoya and Michael will run light loads to get up on the grid because they are excellent qualifiers and Rubens and David will run heavier and therefore end up further back POSSIBLY even mixed up with some midfield runners from sauber or renault who might run really light to try and get up into an early high position

but in the end i think Ferrari will be too good over race distance and there will be a good battle for third between kimi and juan

now lets see how i go !!!

IMO it will be as follows:

1) R Barrichello
2) M Schumacher
3) J Montoya
4) D Coulthard
5) K Raikonnen
6) R Schumacher

Results again will be Ferrari 1 & 2 (depending on reliability) and if Reubens is hot on the day he will take the win. My personal view is also that Ferrari will start with a light load of fuel. They have proven in the past the their car is powerfull enough to open a gap at the start, make a stop and come out in front. I'm also very eager to see what the Renault Team will do this year. Their car improved very much last year.

Anyway...bottom point is Ferrari Still Rulz!!!

Originally posted by RalleighOke
IMO it will be as follows:

1) R Barrichello
2) M Schumacher
3) J Montoya
4) D Coulthard
5) K Raikonnen
6) R Schumacher

which fantasy land are you living in!!!

ferrari won't let Rubens take the opening race unless Michaels got serious problems being held up in the midfields due to bad qualifying or mechanicals. For Rubens to win Michael would have to be out of contention for the win

and yeah we know team orders are banned but ferrari will have a way round it

Originally posted by Duckwah
which fantasy land are you living in!!!

ferrari won't let Rubens take the opening race unless Michaels got serious problems being held up in the midfields due to bad qualifying or mechanicals. For Rubens to win Michael would have to be out of contention for the win

and yeah we know team orders are banned but ferrari will have a way round it

Leave my fantasy land out of this!!:D

That is true what you are saying, but we must remember that both riders are in contention for the Championship, which should mean that both riders will race to become the "no. 1" man.

As for Ferrari's team orders...well, I don't think that they would want to make that "tactical error" again. If they try to do it in a subtle way they might find themselves in a "Ferrari Revolution" and will loose most of their fans (myself included). We are not as dumb as we look :D I'm also sure that F1 boss BE and FIA President Max Mosley will not appreciate that because it will reduce the numbers watching F1

Just for info..:eek:

FIA clarifies F1 rule changes

Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 07:54

Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, has clarified the rule changes affecting qualifying, post-qualifying and the use of spare cars in the 2003 Formula One season, which begins March 9.
Under the new regulations for the one-lap qualifying sessions the 107 per cent qualifying rule, which stated that any driver who failed to set a qualifying time within 107 per cent of the pole position time could not race, has been removed. Instead, a driver will have 30 seconds once shown the green light to start his out-lap. Any driver who fails to leave the pits during this time, or who stops on the out-lap or impedes another driver will not be permitted to take any further part in the qualifying session, and will start from the back of the grid.

As drivers will only be permitted 30 seconds to leave the pits to complete each of their qualifying runs, the FIA has said it will permit working in the fast lane of the pits immediately before and during both qualifying sessions.

If one or more cars fail to record a time during the first session they will start their second qualifying session laps in first session order reversed while if one or more cars fail to record a time during the second session they will start the race in second session order reversed.

Once a car has completed three laps and has returned to the pits, it will be required to stop in the weighing area for technical checks. After weighing, race scrutineers will then move the cars to the central FIA parc ferme, where they can be checked for general conformity with regulations and to ensure that no alterations are made between qualification and the race itself.

The FIA also confirmed that for safety reasons, no fuel could be added to or removed from the car between the second qualifying session and the race.

While the cars are being held only two members from each team will be allowed to be in the central parc ferme at any one time and mechanics will only be allowed to carry out minor checks such as checking tyre pressures, fitting water heaters and changing tyres before the car is pushed back to the team's garage.

All cars will remain under parc ferme conditions until the formation lap.

Every car must start the race with the same wheels and tyres that were used for qualifying except where qualifying practice is held in wet conditions, and the warm up or race is dry (or vice versa).

Under the new regulations, a spare car can only be used if a car is damaged beyond repair. The spare car will then become the relevant driver's race car.

If a race car is damaged in an accident which necessitated a race stoppage within the first two laps a spare car can only be used if the FIA Technical Delegate is satisfied that the original car cannot be repaired in time for the re-start.

Cars will, in future, also not be allowed to be covered at any time in the garages, pit lane or grid, except where they are needed solely for mechanical reasons, such as fire protection or heat retention.

only 1 week till i go to the GP hooray

i can't wait, i'll post pics of all the fun i had when i get back
:D

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, you lucky bugger! ;)

what are tickets worth?

sunday general entry is $95 up to $580 for grandstand tickets for four days

i've got grandstand tickets on turn 1 and 2 for the four days with an option to swap seats halfway through the race to some seats on the main straight

me and a mate are driving from sydney to melbourne on the thursday.

Damn....times like these I wish I was an Ausie :D

You must enjoy it, not much sports in SA ... there is cycling, running, guys running with a egg shape ball and some other dudes who walks around with a stick trying to do maths:D

1 day to go !!!

i'm taking 50 rolls of film with me so i should get at least one shot worth posting:D

So Steve where does one go to sink a few coldies after the on track action has ceased for the day?

Australia: Qualifying session 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. BARRICHELLO - Ferrari - 1'26"372 : 221.030 Km/h
2. RAIKKONEN - McLaren Mercedes - 1'26"551 : + 0'00"179
3. VILLENEUVE - BAR Honda - 1'26"832 : + 0'00"460
4. M.SCHUMACHER - Ferrari - 1'27"103 : + 0'00"731
5. BUTTON - BAR Honda - 1'27"159 : + 0'00"787
6. COULTHARD - McLaren Mercedes - 1'27"242 : + 0'00"870

1 day to go !!!

i'm taking 50 rolls of film with me so i should get at least one shot worth posting:D

So Steve where does one go to sink a few coldies after the on track action has ceased for the day?

dunno man.....maybe you could just follow the grid gurls? :D

:D WHAT A RACE!!!!

I don't think I have seen a race like that for a loooooong time! You ausies know have to arrange some exciting event. Tops the CWC by far :D

Unfortunatly my team did not win but hey .. that's life.

So Duckwah....where are those pic's?

Ferrari STILL rulz!

I think I can count on one hand the races that DC has won outright. He only wins when the top guys fall off the track or retire due to mechanical problems.
Montoya made a silly mistake, and Kimi was unlucky.
All things considered, Ferrari are still miles ahead (they just need to tighten those body part screws a bit more :D )

I think the new rules made for an interesting race.

Originally posted by Vo2
I think I can count on one hand the races that DC has won outright. He only wins when the top guys fall off the track or retire due to mechanical problems.
Montoya made a silly mistake, and Kimi was unlucky.
All things considered, Ferrari are still miles ahead (they just need to tighten those body part screws a bit more :D )

All that aside, it was the best F1 race i've watched in years :D

Originally posted by steve
All that aside, it was the best F1 race i've watched in years :D

Steve, couldn't agree with you more! Looks like we're in for a interesting 2003 F1 season. Won't be as boring as last year. :p

Just beware, those red horses will be back to take revenge and that's gonna be FUN. :)