The Fantastic Four

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
There is a film to come out soon featuring the Fantastic Four - Reed Richards, Susan and Johnny Storm with Ben Grimm (the thing). I was kicking myself as I had an original comic (maybe issue no 20) and lost it. But I saw one issue on e-bay going for almost 2000 dollars!!
I can recall some of the Fantastic Fours' enemies. There was Doctor Doom, the Sub Mariner, the mole man and I seem to recall the skrulls from outer space. And let's not forget the Puppet Master who was one of my favourites. As I recall, the Puppet master was a bald dude who had a blind daughter and made puppets out of people he wanted to control.
I never realised at the time that Ben Grimm was Jewish. he's supposed to have the strength of 1000 men.
Some people never grow up, I guess :)

The film got a bad write-up in the media. Don't know if I'll go and see it or not. When I was a kid I loved the Marvel comics.

This is DC turf.

Batman Begins was so ****ing stupid though... a microwave emitter which evaporated all water nearby. Fairly brainless plot, considering we are 90% water and the emitter didn't do a thing to anyone nearby, other than cause them to inhale a hallucinogen. :mad:

Well, my favourite was the puppet master. I grew up on those comic books.

Darjevon said:
This is DC turf.

Batman Begins was so ****ing stupid though... a microwave emitter which evaporated all water nearby. Fairly brainless plot, considering we are 90% water and the emitter didn't do a thing to anyone nearby, other than cause them to inhale a hallucinogen. :mad:

Carrera said:
Well, my favourite was the puppet master. I grew up on those comic books.
i liked the original Superman movies with Chris Reeve when i was a kid, but i cant say i was ever into comics and super heroes much.

the special effects are good nowdays though...

Hi all, since you seem to be superhero fans, I wanted to get your feedback. We're starting a company that makes cycling jerseys using the superhero design iconography of Marvel Comics (and maybe DC eventually). We're starting with 3 styles... Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and Captain America. Great fabrics, great designers, great factories. We're getting great feedback so far. Take a look at www.purehero.com. Any constructive thoughts and ideas? What characters do you think would look great on a cycling jersey?

PureHero said:
Hi all, since you seem to be superhero fans, I wanted to get your feedback. We're starting a company that makes cycling jerseys using the superhero design iconography of Marvel Comics (and maybe DC eventually). We're starting with 3 styles... Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and Captain America. Great fabrics, great designers, great factories. We're getting great feedback so far. Take a look at www.purehero.com. Any constructive thoughts and ideas? What characters do you think would look great on a cycling jersey?
Definately the Hulk...This is great, I will buy a jersey that looks like my underoos from errr my childhood, yeah thats right, my childhood....LOL

Seriously a hulk design would be cool.... :)

How about a J Jonah Jameson T-shirt?

jaguar75 said:
Definately the Hulk...This is great, I will buy a jersey that looks like my underoos from errr my childhood, yeah thats right, my childhood....LOL

Seriously a hulk design would be cool.... :)

PureHero said:
Where is the batman cycling jersey??? You definately need to get one of those. Grey with a reflector bat isignia for saftey. And instead of pockets in the back... a utility belt. :D Well... Maybe that's taking it too far. :rolleyes:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2123.asp
According to SneakPeekTV, Marvel CEO Avi Arad has confirmed that the original cast of 20th Century Fox's upcoming Fantastic Four have been signed to return for a sequel.

Apparently Arad also said he would like to see Marvel's Puppet Master as the next villain to go up against the super-hero family in the Fantastic Four 2.

"Puppet Master's a great character", he said.

"Don't we all wish we had this power, especially when we are mad at someone."

In the original comics, Puppet Master is the stepfather of Alicia Masters, the blind artist and romantic interest of Ben Grimm aka The Thing. By using radioactive clay, Puppet Master is able to make puppets of people which he can control.

Arad noted that actress Kerry Washington's character Alicia Masters will have a larger role in future sequels of the FF film.