The FAQ

Monique Y. Herm

Guest
http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

I checked it out and it seems like the formatting just kind of disappears toward the end ...
starting around section 4. Questions are no longer separated into distinct paragraphs, etc.

Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.

No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.
--
monique

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> I checked it out and it seems like the formatting just kind of disappears toward the end ...
> starting around section 4. Questions are no longer separated into distinct paragraphs, etc.
>
> Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
>
> No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.

And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor. Although
maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.

Kathleen

"Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
> >
> > I checked it out and it seems like the formatting just kind of disappears toward the end ...
> > starting around section 4. Questions are no longer separated into distinct paragraphs, etc.
> >
> > Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
> >
> > No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.
>
> And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor. Although
> maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.

I had to take my glasses off, and scoot on up to the monitor. I've overdue for bi-focals.

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> I checked it out and it seems like the formatting just kind of disappears toward the end ...
> starting around section 4. Questions are no longer separated into distinct paragraphs, etc.
>
> Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
>
> No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.

It's unfinished - that's the beta version of the FAQ. I linked to it earlier because it had a
revised section in there about JD (which'll be revised again, incidentally).

One day, when the weather's bad and I'm in the country I'll pull it all together.

For the time being the current FAQ is at http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm (although that's
not a huge amount better...)

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:04:19 -0500, Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote:

>Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>>
>> I checked it out and it seems like the formatting just kind of disappears toward the end ...
>> starting around section 4. Questions are no longer separated into distinct paragraphs, etc.
>>
>> Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
>>
>> No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.
>
>And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor. Although
>maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.

I just checked it out for the first time and that font is indeed horrible. The only thing that would
make it worse would be red on a black background.

deluxe model wrote:

>>And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor. Although
>>maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.
>>

> I had to take my glasses off, and scoot on up to the monitor. I've overdue for bi-focals.

Yep, the font's going to be changed too.

/wishing I'd never posted the link now...

> deluxe model wrote:
>
> >>And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor.
> >>Although maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.
> >>

> > I had to take my glasses off, and scoot on up to the monitor. I've
overdue
> > for bi-focals.
>
> Yep, the font's going to be changed too.
>
> /wishing I'd never posted the link now...

No big deal. At least it can be changed, and uploaded in a matter of seconds.

Kathleen wrote:
> And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor. Although
> maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.
>
> Kathleen

It actually looks fine in my browser, Netscape 7.0 under Linux/KDE.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:41:03 -0600, Raptor <[email protected]> penned:
> Kathleen wrote:
>> And the font is a pain in the ass to read, too. Too squinched up, even on a big monitor. Although
>> maybe that's just me and my middle aged eyeballs.
>>
>> Kathleen
>
> It actually looks fine in my browser, Netscape 7.0 under Linux/KDE.

I was using mozilla (not sure which version) under win2k and I had no problem with the font ...

--
monique

> > Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
> >
> > No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.
>
> One day, when the weather's bad and I'm in the country I'll pull it all together.

The link for the clipless pedal FAQ has changed.

It is now http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/mtb/CliplessFAQ.txt

Please note that the only thing that has changed is MTB has been changed to lowercase "mtb"

I didn't know my server was case sensitive.. oops.

-John Morgan

> One day, when the weather's bad and I'm in the country I'll pull it all together.

Ya left out the never ending Tubeless debate...

... and Courier 12 is a very readable font. ;)

Thanks for maintaining the FAQ!

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rkv3b.29923$cj1.24799@fed1read06...
> > > Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
> > >
> > > No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted
recently.

> > One day, when the weather's bad and I'm in the country I'll pull it all together.
>
> The link for the clipless pedal FAQ has changed.
>
> It is now http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/mtb/CliplessFAQ.txt

Thanks for the link, all I can say is: "Clipless pedals aid in bunny hopping and jumping as well."

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thats it I'm writing a faq on proper pedals aka flat pedals.

Steve.

> spademan o---[) * wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the link, all I can say is: "Clipless pedals aid in bunny hopping and jumping as
> > well."
> >
> > Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
>
> You make it sound like it is possible to jump and bunnyhop *without* clipless. Pfft.

I don't know what I was thinking...

People can use whatever they like, as long as they realise they have a choice of whether to use
clipless or not.

Steve.

although obviously choosing to use clipless pedals is the choice of an insane peson.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:53:30 -0000, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
>I checked it out and it seems like the formatting just kind of disappears toward the end ...
>starting around section 4. Questions are no longer separated into distinct paragraphs, etc.
>
>Also, the link about clipless pedals points to a non-existent page.
>
>No biggie; just thought I'd point it out, since it was posted recently.

it's "loosely" built...

to say the least.

> > It is now http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/mtb/CliplessFAQ.txt
> >

> Thanks for the link, all I can say is: "Clipless pedals aid in bunny hopping and jumping as well."
>
> Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
>
> Thats it I'm writing a faq on proper pedals aka flat pedals.

Why are you frustrated by the fact that clipless pedals make it easier to bunny hop? Better question
yet, why are you reading a FAQ about clipless pedals expecting to find information about flat pedal
techniques? We know from your comments here that you prefer platforms... so what?

-John Morgan

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:nOL3b.32225$cj1.10487@fed1read06...
> > > It is now http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/mtb/CliplessFAQ.txt
> > >

> > Thanks for the link, all I can say is: "Clipless pedals aid in bunny hopping and jumping as
> > well."
> >
> > Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
> >
> > Thats it I'm writing a faq on proper pedals aka flat pedals.
>
> Why are you frustrated by the fact that clipless pedals make it easier to bunny hop?

They don't. They make it easier for people who can't bunny-hop to pull both wheels a small way off
the ground.

> Better question yet, why are you reading a FAQ about clipless pedals expecting to find information
> about flat pedal techniques?

I was just reading through the faq as a whole, and as I used to use SPD's but now prefer flats I
like to think I have a semi-objective opinion.

> We know from your comments here that you prefer platforms... so what? -John Morgan

So at least let people make up their own minds, and don't feed them b*llsh*t!

Steve.

Oh, just finish the site, John, and then we'll all be happy. :)