The fastest stock bike in the world. Get yours now!!!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Johnny NoCom, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Johnny NoCom

    Johnny NoCom Guest

    Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe

    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm

    Time for all you intelligent riders to order one just in time for the
    holiday season.

    There is nothing better than flying down the road on a splitter bike and
    passing everything in sight including those old school slowracer
    antiques and upwrong ass hatchets with slither's of leather up their ass
    ..

    Holiday Cheers,
    Johnny [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Colnago

    Colnago Guest

    Thanks so much for sharing, Johnny.

    "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe
    >
    > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >
    > Time for all you intelligent riders to order one just in time for the
    > holiday season.
    >
    > There is nothing better than flying down the road on a splitter bike and
    > passing everything in sight including those old school slowracer
    > antiques and upwrong ass hatchets with slither's of leather up their ass
    > .
    >
    > Holiday Cheers,
    > Johnny [email protected]

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Colnago wrote:
    > Thanks so much for sharing, Johnny.
    >
    > "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe
    > >
    > > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    > >
    > > Time for all you intelligent riders to order one just in time for

    the
    > > holiday season.
    > >
    > > There is nothing better than flying down the road on a splitter

    bike and
    > > passing everything in sight including those old school slowracer
    > > antiques and upwrong ass hatchets with slither's of leather up

    their ass
    > > .
    > >
    > > Holiday Cheers,
    > > Johnny [email protected]

    Umm, recumbents suck. End of story. And you can't race them anyway.
    Tom

  4. dgk

    dgk Guest

    On 14 Dec 2004 09:57:32 -0800, "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Colnago wrote:
    >> Thanks so much for sharing, Johnny.
    >>
    >> "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe
    >> >
    >> > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >> >
    >> > Time for all you intelligent riders to order one just in time for

    >the
    >> > holiday season.
    >> >
    >> > There is nothing better than flying down the road on a splitter

    >bike and
    >> > passing everything in sight including those old school slowracer
    >> > antiques and upwrong ass hatchets with slither's of leather up

    >their ass
    >> > .
    >> >
    >> > Holiday Cheers,
    >> > Johnny [email protected]
    >> >

    >Umm, recumbents suck. End of story. And you can't race them anyway.
    >Tom

    And I don't know about that "bladder in female" process. I think the
    bike is going to have to stop to pee pretty often.

  5. Bill Sornson writes:

    >> Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe

    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm

    > Take it to rec.sortacycles.abominations where it belongs.

    You may also have noticed that the chain of this freak is so close to
    the front wheel that the wheel can't steer. It's about as close as
    the chain is to the rear wheel on a conventional bicycle.

    An artist's (mis)conception no less.

    Jobst Brandt
    [email protected]

  6. jobst brandt wrote:

    > Bill Sornson writes:
    >
    >>> Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe

    > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >
    >> Take it to rec.sortacycles.abominations where it belongs.

    > You may also have noticed that the chain of this freak is so close to
    > the front wheel that the wheel can't steer. It's about as close as
    > the chain is to the rear wheel on a conventional bicycle.
    >
    > An artist's (mis)conception no less.

    I find this difficult to tell from the available photographs. This image
    gives the best view of the front wheel and chain:

    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom/recessed_steerer_tube.jpg

    It's hard to tell on this side view, but it looks like the gap between
    chain and wheel is a couple of inches, and that coupled with the smaller
    diameter wheel makes it look to me like this would only be an issue for low
    speed turns. It appears that it was designed for high speeds, rather than
    versatility.

    --
    Benjamin Lewis

    Seeing is deceiving. It's eating that's believing.
    -- James Thurber

  7. On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:13:00 GMT, [email protected]
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >An artist's (mis)conception no less.

    I think you'll find it is a real bike, Jobst, pictured in the metal.
    Or rather in the carbon. It's used almost exclusively for track
    racing, though.

    I've seen a bike with even more restricted steering, although to be
    fair the rider did Crash Horribly and inflict major road rash on his
    arse - but that was mainly because he clipped someone else's wheel at
    speed. The rider in question being one Mr Burrows.

  8. Benjamin Lewis writes:

    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm

    >>> Take it to rec.sortacycles.abominations where it belongs.

    >> You may also have noticed that the chain of this freak is so close
    >> to the front wheel that the wheel can't steer. It's about as close
    >> as the chain is to the rear wheel on a conventional bicycle.

    >> An artist's (mis)conception no less.

    > I find this difficult to tell from the available photographs. This
    > image gives the best view of the front wheel and chain:

    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom/recessed_steerer_tube.jpg

    > It's hard to tell on this side view, but it looks like the gap
    > between chain and wheel is a couple of inches, and that coupled with
    > the smaller diameter wheel makes it look to me like this would only
    > be an issue for low speed turns. It appears that it was designed
    > for high speeds, rather than versatility.

    The whole idea is wacko with a tiller for a steerer and a chainwheel
    off to one side, far enough to clear the wheel for small angles. This
    is an aesthetic effort, real fast HPV's are fully faired and set world
    records through a timed gate. This is neither a competition bicycle
    for UCI approved events nor is it a fast HPV. It certainly is not a
    tourer but might interest someone who needs a conversation piece,
    where it might do for a short time... that is, until the other kids on
    the block have all seen it.

    Jobst Brandt
    [email protected]

  9. On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:00:08 GMT, [email protected]
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >The whole idea is wacko with a tiller for a steerer and a chainwheel
    >off to one side, far enough to clear the wheel for small angles. This
    >is an aesthetic effort, real fast HPV's are fully faired and set world
    >records through a timed gate.

    Up to a point, Lord Copper. I have seen (even raced in) HPV events
    where there are several bikes with this kind of chain layout. Even
    road-usable sporting recumbents tend to have the chain dropped off the
    front idler for racing. Not all HPV racing is faired, there are
    classes for unfaired, faired, "sports" (which have a minimum height
    restriction).

    >This is neither a competition bicycle
    >for UCI approved events nor is it a fast HPV.

    Not fast? With a moderately fit "engine" It would leave me behind
    without too much difficulty, and probably you as well :)

    I expect to see bikes like this on tracks at BHPC meets. I think Mr
    Larrington will be along any moment now...

    I have some pictures from the Reading BHPC meet, and there is one
    which seems relevant. Unfortunately it was taken with a very cheap
    digital camera, so it's a poor picture, but here it is anyway:

    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/web/public.nsf/Documents/Mike_Burrows

    The bike at the top is the Ratracer B, which has a fore-and-aft front
    fork, giving seriously limited steering travel. Look at the RatRacer
    below, you'll see that the chain overlaps the front wheel there, too.

  10. Johnny NoCom wrote:

    [clip-O-rama]

    Just wanted to point to the people in all the other groups where this
    got cross posted to, that Johnny NoCom is one of the resident trolls at
    alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent - just ignore him as you would any other troll.

    We now return to the previously scheduled flamefest, already in progress.

  11. [email protected] wrote:
    > The whole idea is wacko with a tiller for a steerer and a chainwheel
    > off to one side, far enough to clear the wheel for small angles.

    This
    > is an aesthetic effort, real fast HPV's are fully faired and set

    world
    > records through a timed gate. This is neither a competition bicycle
    > for UCI approved events nor is it a fast HPV. It certainly is not a
    > tourer but might interest someone who needs a conversation piece,
    > where it might do for a short time... that is, until the other kids

    on
    > the block have all seen it.
    >
    > Jobst Brandt
    > [email protected]

    Sorry, Jobst, but you're behind the times. Human-powered vehicle racing
    organizations now recognize several classes of vehicles, divided by
    amount of aerodynamic fairing. The NoCom does not have any purely
    aerodynamic devices attached to it, so it fits into the HPRA "Stock"
    class:
    http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/default.htm
    It also fits into the WRRA "Unfaired" class:
    http://www.recumbents.com/wrra/rules.htm
    I believe that the IHPVA may start using these classifications in order
    to allow a greater variety of vehicles to compete. Fully-faired
    vehicles are neat- but competitive fully-faired vehicles require a huge
    commitment in time and/or money.

    I've ridden lowracers similar to the NoCom. (Not as low, though.) While
    not suitable for high-traffic areas, they're quite capable on the open
    road.

    Jeff

  12. Johnny NoCom

    Johnny NoCom Guest

    Jobst,

    What do you know about the chain on the worlds fastest stock bike. You
    do not own or ride one. You have one of those slow ass hatchet
    hemorrhoid, stick up the ass conventional bicycle things.

    No artist conception. Its the real deal and faster than any UCI crap

    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm

    The only thing "conventional" is your brain Jobst. You're in serious
    need of an overhaul. Spend some time off your "love post" and get with
    the program. Parke Davis and Co. must love you. Preparation H is on
    sale at overstock.com.

    Holiday Cheers,
    Johnny NoCom

  13. In rec.bicycles.misc Johnny NoCom <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote:
    > Preparation H is on sale at overstock.com.

    not that i can find. can you provide a link?
    --
    david reuteler
    [email protected]

  14. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Jobst Brandt wrote:

    > Bill Sornson writes:
    >

    >>>Here is the fastest stock bike in the known universe

    > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >

    >>Take it to rec.sortacycles.abominations where it belongs.

    > You may also have noticed that the chain of this freak is so close to
    > the front wheel that the wheel can't steer. It's about as close as
    > the chain is to the rear wheel on a conventional bicycle.
    >
    > An artist's (mis)conception no less.

    Jobst,

    I have ridden several lowracers that run the chain by the front wheel
    (in fact, my regular bicycle can be set up this way). The most difficult
    part is starting out, as large steering corrections will cause
    chain/wheel interference. Tight U-turns are also not possible. However,
    once speeds in excess of about 10-mph/15-kph are achieved, chain/wheel
    interference is no longer an issue, and such a lowracer can turn as
    sharply as a compact car, so riding on the streets is no problem.

    I happen to know several people who have carbon fiber composite
    lowracers with the chainline running adjacent to the front wheel, and
    they ride these bikes thousands of miles per year on public roads.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
    Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

  15. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jobst,
    >
    > What do you know about the chain on the worlds fastest stock bike. You
    > do not own or ride one. You have one of those slow ass hatchet
    > hemorrhoid, stick up the ass conventional bicycle things.
    >
    > No artist conception. Its the real deal and faster than any UCI crap
    >
    > http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >
    > The only thing "conventional" is your brain Jobst. You're in serious
    > need of an overhaul. Spend some time off your "love post" and get with
    > the program. Parke Davis and Co. must love you. Preparation H is on
    > sale at overstock.com.
    >
    > Holiday Cheers,
    > Johnny NoCom

    I bet you wish you had one too

  16. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mark Leuck wrote:

    > "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Jobst,
    >>
    >>What do you know about the chain on the worlds fastest stock bike. You
    >>do not own or ride one. You have one of those slow ass hatchet
    >>hemorrhoid, stick up the ass conventional bicycle things.
    >>
    >>No artist conception. Its the real deal and faster than any UCI crap
    >>
    >>http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom.htm
    >>
    >>The only thing "conventional" is your brain Jobst. You're in serious
    >>need of an overhaul. Spend some time off your "love post" and get with
    >>the program. Parke Davis and Co. must love you. Preparation H is on
    >>sale at overstock.com.
    >>
    >>Holiday Cheers,
    >>Johnny NoCom

    > I bet you wish you had one too[.]

    Mr. Leuck,

    I suggest fewer indefinite pronouns and more end punctuation.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
    Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

  17. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Joao de Souza wrote:

    > Johnny NoCom wrote:
    > >

    > [clip-O-rama]
    >
    > Just wanted to point to the people in all the other groups where this
    > got cross posted to, that Johnny NoCom is one of the resident trolls at
    > alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent - just ignore him as you would any other troll.
    >
    > We now return to the previously scheduled flamefest, already in progress.

    And Monkey Island joins Atlantis beneath the waves...

    --
    Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
    Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

  18. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    swamprun wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:48:19 -0800, jwills wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry, Jobst, but you're behind the times. Human-powered vehicle racing
    >>organizations now recognize several classes of vehicles, divided by
    >>amount of aerodynamic fairing. The NoCom does not have any purely
    >>aerodynamic devices attached to it, so it fits into the HPRA "Stock"
    >>class:
    >>http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/default.htm

    > No, the no-com can not be HPRA stock class. The front splitter plate is
    > in effect a small front fairing which modifies the airflow around the
    > rider. A rear splitter that is part of the frame or aerodynamic features
    > below the rider are OK. The small front splitter/fairing puts the no-com
    > in the super-stock class (front fairings allowed).

    From the WISIL website: [1]

    > HPRA Racing Classes
    >
    > STOCK - Vehicles in this class may have any number of wheels.
    > Vehicle/frame design may not incorporate any form of fairing which is
    > not an integral part of the frame. Specifically, brazed on, welded

    on, > or epoxied on integral parts of the frame which do not divert
    airflow > around the rider are allowed. Wheel discs/covers are allowed.
    Supplied > number plates do not constitute a fairing. Rider is male or
    female of > any age.

    How this is interpreted could be a matter of contention. Would a
    monocoque streamliner be considered "Stock Class", since the fairing
    shell is also the frame?

    [1] <http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/rulesand.htm>.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
    Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

  19. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The only thing "conventional" is your brain Jobst. You're in serious
    > need of an overhaul. Spend some time off your "love post" and get with
    > the program. Parke Davis and Co. must love you. Preparation H is on
    > sale at overstock.com.
    >
    > Holiday Cheers,
    > Johnny NoCom

    Interesting. In close to 30 years of cycling, I've never had a roid problem
    from cycling and don't know of anyone who has. The only cyclist I've known
    to get roids from their machines have been recumbent riders.