The first Campy Ergo shifters -- 7 or 8 speed?

Larry Coon

Guest
Does anybody know whether the first Campy Ergo
levers (1992, I believe) were 7 or 8 speed?

Thanks for any info.

Larry Coon
University of California

In article <4174C8E3.14AC@nospam_cox.net>,
Larry Coon <lmcoon@nospam_cox.net> wrote:

> Does anybody know whether the first Campy Ergo
> levers (1992, I believe) were 7 or 8 speed?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>

> Larry Coon
> University of California

8 speed, but, unlike with shimano, the cog spacing was the same as 7,
so they could be used with a 7 spd freewheel.

Baird

Baird Webel wrote:

> 8 speed, but, unlike with shimano, the cog spacing was the same as 7,
> so they could be used with a 7 spd freewheel.

Thanks, Baird. I thought they pre-dated 8-speed, so
I incorrectly listed them as 7-speed on eBay.

Larry Coon
University of California