the floor is all yours

frenchyge said:
You can filter by thread, topic, or screen name if efficiency is a factor. In this case it was a slow day at work and a(n apparently) new poster, so..... what're ya gonna do?

Sorry, I like the SNR analogy, but I don't have the radio background to even produce a humorous retort. :eek:

No problem, it's just not a common term you hear in a cycling forum as opposed to other venues.Besides the random off topic terms fit right in, that is if I knew what the topic was.

jhuskey said:
Just increase the bandwidth by going spread spectrum. This should reduce (N).

Hmmm. I was going to use a lock-in amplifier to pick out the signal. If I don't do at least one Fourier transform a day, I get cranky.

alienator said:
Hmmm. I was going to use a lock-in amplifier to pick out the signal. If I don't do at least one Fourier transform a day, I get cranky.

I don't have good equipment like that,just a low pass filter at best. Maybe I can just type using a bigger font.

It's hoping to catch something good coming in on a sidelobe like this which keeps me from pulling the plug altogether. :)

frenchyge said:
It's hoping to catch something good coming in on a sidelobe like this which keeps me from pulling the plug altogether. :)

I was just going to use a bit of code to do the lock-in, not go all hardware and stuff.

When I was a little array growing up, my dad told me that sidelobes made me look more manly.

frenchyge said:

Another technical reference. Next you'll be taliking about take off angles and standing wave ratios.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJGQymeY3o"]YouTube - Faith No More - Midlife Crisis[/ame]

Go on and wring my neck
Like when a rag gets wet
A little discipline
For my pet genius
My head is like lettuce
Go on dig your thumbs in
I cannot stop giving in
I'm thirty-something

Bridge:
Sense of security
Like pockets jingling
Midlife crisis
Suck ingenuity
Down through the family tree

Hook:
You're perfect, yes, it's true (not at all, actually but...)
But without me you're only you (you're only you)
Your menstruating heart
It ain't bleeding enough for two

It's a midlife crisis.. It's a midlife crisis..

Verse 2:
What an inheritance
The salt and the dockry
Morbid self attention
Bending my pinky back
A little discipline
A donor by habit
A little discipline
Rent an opinion

Bridge 2:
Sense of security
Holding blunt instrument
Midlife Crisis
I'm a perfectionist
And perfect is a skinned knee

Hook:
You're perfect, yes, it's true (again, not perfect)
Your menstruating heart

ya ya ya ya

It's a midlife crisis...
It's a midlife crisis...

Hook:
You're perfect, yes, it's true (wrong again)
Your menstruating heart
(repeat and fade)

frenchyge said:
Guessing it means he's hoping this sock puppet lasts longer than the others? :confused:

Sometimes it's fun trying to figure out what people here are trying to say, but in other cases the signal-to-noise ratio is just so low that it's ultimately not worth the time.

I agree 100%. Not worth the time at all. Sometimes though, he just cracks me up and I get into it just for some comedy. I know the feeling is not mutual :), and then I start to feel bad. If his IP address was banned, we would be in good shape.

Sir Preston said:
...that's three times i've watched you talk that **** cyber. sock puppet? that's what you've learned from these cycling forums, huh? the local terms of stoopidity, huh?
Sock Puppet - as defined by Wikipedia.

For the record, I'm a mod on another forum, so I know a sock puppet account when I see one.

BTW, where did you learn how to spell?

gman0482 said:
I agree 100%. Not worth the time at all. Sometimes though, he just cracks me up and I get into it just for some comedy. I know the feeling is not mutual :), and then I start to feel bad. If his IP address was banned, we would be in good shape.
+1. This dude has now accomplished something - he and his sock puppets are the first ones on my ignore list here.

Cyber, are you going to Hub On Wheels this weekend ??? I definitely am. I just saw my bike for the 1st time today ! It came in and they're putting it together so it should be ready by tomorrow for me to get fitted.
Let me know if you are going.

-Greg

I probably would, but unfortunately I've already made other plans. I'm kidnapping my two younger brothers this weekend and giving them some lessons on how to be a DJ. The youngest one has the same birthday as me.

haha nice. I used to spin a little, back in the day, when Landsdowne st. used to be great.

Ahh yes, Landsdowne Street, the nightlife capital of Boston.

The first electrical contractor I worked for had a quick job I worked on at Mama Kin's, the club supposedly owned by members of Aerosmith. This was back circa 1994, the year I got my big break in the DJ business. I'm mainly a mobile jock.

Sounds good, I know weddings are where you make the $. Yea about 8 years ago I used to work the door in Avalon, and couple of my friends were resident DJ's there and other loc's, so afterparties is where I learned :)

gman0482 said:
Sounds good, I know weddings are where you make the $.
Bar-Mitzvahs and Bat-Mitzvahs too. I don't do those anymore, I did one and that was enough for me. I play music and run ceremonies, I'm not a babysitter and I don't play one on TV.

I was gonna perform a Sweet 16 for my sister a few weeks ago as my Sweet 16 gift to her, but she decided she didn't want a big party. Dad and her mom bought her an IPod Touch.

gman0482 said:
Yea about 8 years ago I used to work the door in Avalon, and couple of my friends were resident DJ's there and other loc's, so afterparties is where I learned :)
Nice.