The former Mrs Armstrong's interview......

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by limerickman, Mar 13, 2006.

1. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I was going to put this in to the Grand Tour thread but I thought that it was pertinent.

Ireland on Sunday (Irish version of the Daily Mail) yesterday carried and article by the former Mrs.Armstrong in which she blew the lid on her marriage to Armstrong.
    (I want to make clear that Mrs Limerickman read IoS : I do not subscribe to either the DM or IoS).

The article in question quotes her as saying that life with Armstrong was hell.
    kik was required to foresake her career and all outside interests for her marriage.
    She added that the stress of living with Armstrong became unbearable within months of their marriage.
    The normal everyday things were completely set aside in order to try to protect the privacy of Armstrong.
    She said that simple things like meals out were curtailed, late nights were non-existent and that even issues like reading at night in bed became problematic because her husbad was unable to sleep because she had the light on (to read).
    She had hoped that the arrival of children would improve their marriage but this didn't help bring them together and within 4 years their marriage was gone.

I don't have a link to the article but Kik Amstrong's full interview is the April Issue of "Glamour" magazine.

Tags:

2. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Well, sounds like she was being a bit unreasonable on a number of counts. Since when does marrying a top-notch cyclist = living it up with dinner and evenings out (ok, maybe in November/December).

Sheesh. And I do not even like the guy...

3. rule62

rule62 New Member

Wow...what a non-surprise.

4. Windbreaker

Windbreaker New Member

Depends on the cyclist. Ullrich, for instance...tho, for this season, it seems he managed to say, "Nein!" to the holiday buffets.

5. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

In fairness to Mrs Armstrong she didn't reveal these problems while her ex-husband was still competing.

6. Markz

Markz New Member

She describes 90% of marriages. Why do women always think that kids will somehow magically fix things?

7. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I agree it sounds like a lot of marriges, but I disagree with the "kids thing".
    I have my eye on this 17 year old Swedish girl just perfect for adoption.
    I believe she could make life so much better.

8. Markz

Markz New Member

17 will get you 20. Hire... I mean adopt at 18.

9. baj32161

baj32161 New Member

:D :D :D :D I would have said the same thing had I not seen it here.

10. leslierc8853

leslierc8853 New Member

So, their marriage was pretty much like everyone else's - a lot of things had to be worked through - no surprises there! Some marriages work, others don't. Their's wasn't the first marrriage not to make it. What's wrong about this venting to me is that one spouse is portraying the other as a "villian" because the marriage didn't work out. I question the motive at this point (several years after the end of the marriage). There is no purpose here except to shame. Lance is a great athlete; the fact that his marriage didn't work out just means that he's also human. Whether a fan of Lance's, or not, this type of thing is more than undignified. Shame on any tabloid that tries to exploit this situation!

11. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

personally it doesnt surprise me.

when i heard he was marrying ms crow i was gobsmacked....wtf have they got in common?

then suddenly its all clear as day...

thats what you get for marrying a famous rock/pop star.

now Lance is all over the 'huge selling' tabloids for his marriage instead of all over the 'niche market' cycling magazines for his cycling achievements.