The fun starts tomorrow.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Trapper, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Trapper

    Trapper Guest

    Got my baby today.
    [image:
    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/..._GALLERYSID=c5cb6aee08a555f884c939723131a7e8]

    I've been awake over 20 hours now and don't trust myself to ride it
    yet. I'll wake up fresh later on and be able to safely run it through
    it's paces. If I get on it now I'll just crack a wrist or something
    and that will really tork my jaw.

    That's a 'Dave Stockton'
    (http://www.livewireunicycles.com/CokerWheels.htm) wheel with the
    sidewalls machined for when I decide to up grade the frame and go with
    a brake setup. And yes, that's a 'Scott Wallis Road Relief Saddle'
    (http://www.wallisdesign.com/HANDLEpics.html) with the V-Grip option.

    I plan on putting a whole bunch of miles on that sucker starting in
    about 10 hours.

    There's nothing like getting a cool new toy to stave off sleep when you
    most desire it.... :p There are a couple more pics in 'my gallery.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/q9d6u)

    --
    Trapper
    Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

  2. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

  3. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  4. Trapper

    Trapper Guest

    I live down the street from Dave and Scott. (neener neener neener) It's
    been in the works for a few months now. Dave put it all together for
    me. See. I'm still not in bed. My eyes are like this - :eek:

    --
    Trapper
    Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

  5. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

  6. Trapper

    Trapper Guest

    Not too much of a secret really. The major costs were the wheel and
    saddle and those prices are published on their sites.

    Wheelset
    Price: $481.84
    Machined Sidewall Surcharge: $60.00

    Saddle
    Road Relief saddle with no handle or bumper $ 285.00
    V-Grip handle $
    110.00
    Carbon fiber bumper $
    25.00

    Bedford Coker Frame $99
    and toss in some extra for cranks, seatpost, pedals... Plus some caring
    labor and your right in the ballpark.

    Next year I will spring for upgrades.

    --
    Trapper
    Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

  7. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    not a bad way to spend near 1000 dollars but for that much i would have
    expected it to have a brake...

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !
    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

    koebwil wrote:
    > I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    > letters I don't want

    *JONNY IS MY HERO!*

  8. Trapper

    Trapper Guest

    Ahhh grasshoppa. Brakes are mass produced. The coveted parts on my
    beauty were mostly handcrafted. And that in itself is priceless. ;)

    (Can you tell I'm still awake... almost 22 hours. I have resorted to
    New Belgium Diere De Mars for assistance.)

    --
    Trapper
    Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

  9. manon1wheel