The Future of the Tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tom Kunich, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Basso
    Kloden
    Landis

    Not necessarily in that order.

    Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
    third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
    absolutely boggles.

    Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
    Tour.

    Come on ASO, make it a special course.

    Tags:

  2. Pistof

    Pistof Guest

    > Basso
    > Kloden
    > Landis

    Where's Lance -- fourth?

    And what happened to Cunego? How quickly we forget.

    > Not necessarily in that order.
    >
    > Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
    > third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
    > absolutely boggles.
    >
    > Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
    > Tour.
    >
    > Come on ASO, make it a special course.

  3. Cunego won't win the Tour until he rides for a non-Italian team.

    "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Basso
    > > Kloden
    > > Landis

    > Where's Lance -- fourth?
    >
    > And what happened to Cunego? How quickly we forget.
    >
    > > Not necessarily in that order.
    > >
    > > Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
    > > third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
    > > absolutely boggles.
    > >
    > > Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
    > > Tour.
    > >
    > > Come on ASO, make it a special course.

  4. Ed-D

    Ed-D Guest

    "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Basso
    > > Kloden
    > > Landis

    > Where's Lance -- fourth?
    >
    > And what happened to Cunego? How quickly we forget.

    also what about Oscar Sevilla? Sven Montgomery?

    > > Not necessarily in that order.
    > >
    > > Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
    > > third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
    > > absolutely boggles.
    > >
    > > Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
    > > Tour.
    > >
    > > Come on ASO, make it a special course.

  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Floyd was great today because he was told to take it easy yesterday. That's
    why he had the legs. He wouldn't have had such a luxury as a team
    leader.....

    > Basso
    > Kloden
    > Landis
    >
    > Not necessarily in that order.
    >
    > Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
    > third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
    > absolutely boggles.
    >
    > Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
    > Tour.
    >
    > Come on ASO, make it a special course.

  6. Laz

    Laz Guest

    You can't really predict future champions with their performance in
    the Tour today. Offhand, the only ones who did well to win later were
    Riis, Jan Ulrich, and Pantanni but you can't say Pantanni because he
    cheated. Bobby Julich, Hamilton, Rominger, Berzin are just some of the
    many cyclists who were once touted as future tour champions based on
    previous tour performance but disappeared from contention. I am sorry,
    but your prediction is premature.

    Laz