The Future of the Tour

Tom Kunich

Guest
Basso
Kloden
Landis

Not necessarily in that order.

Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
absolutely boggles.

Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
Tour.

Come on ASO, make it a special course.

> Basso
> Kloden
> Landis

Where's Lance -- fourth?

And what happened to Cunego? How quickly we forget.

> Not necessarily in that order.
>
> Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
> third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
> absolutely boggles.
>
> Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
> Tour.
>
> Come on ASO, make it a special course.

Cunego won't win the Tour until he rides for a non-Italian team.

"Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Basso
> > Kloden
> > Landis

> Where's Lance -- fourth?
>
> And what happened to Cunego? How quickly we forget.
>
> > Not necessarily in that order.
> >
> > Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
> > third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
> > absolutely boggles.
> >
> > Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
> > Tour.
> >
> > Come on ASO, make it a special course.

"Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Basso
> > Kloden
> > Landis

> Where's Lance -- fourth?
>
> And what happened to Cunego? How quickly we forget.

also what about Oscar Sevilla? Sven Montgomery?

> > Not necessarily in that order.
> >
> > Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
> > third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
> > absolutely boggles.
> >
> > Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
> > Tour.
> >
> > Come on ASO, make it a special course.

Floyd was great today because he was told to take it easy yesterday. That's
why he had the legs. He wouldn't have had such a luxury as a team
leader.....

> Basso
> Kloden
> Landis
>
> Not necessarily in that order.
>
> Floyd was the man today. He wiped the road up. What if there was a
> third teammate who could have protected Landis today? Wow, the mind
> absolutely boggles.
>
> Discovery Channel, T-Mobile and CSC will really be making a great 2005
> Tour.
>
> Come on ASO, make it a special course.

You can't really predict future champions with their performance in
the Tour today. Offhand, the only ones who did well to win later were
Riis, Jan Ulrich, and Pantanni but you can't say Pantanni because he
cheated. Bobby Julich, Hamilton, Rominger, Berzin are just some of the
many cyclists who were once touted as future tour champions based on
previous tour performance but disappeared from contention. I am sorry,
but your prediction is premature.

Laz