The Gary Fisher Wahoo

Chuck Lysaght

Guest
I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of this bike,
wonder why they put those damn plastic pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?

There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.

Peace,

Chuck

http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html

Chuck says:

>I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of this bike,
>wonder why they put those damn plastic pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?

To give you something to pedal with until you put your own favourite pedals on? You know,
clipless/platform/whatever floats your boat. if you are a die-hard Eggbeater guy, you'ld be ******
if it came with ATACs, so they put on cheap "nothing" pedals so you can at least ride it around the
carpark to test it.

Steve

Chuck Lysaght wrote:

X-post removed.

> I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of
> this bike,

...and I expect you know hundreds.

wonder why they put those damn plastic
> pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?

Because they're throwaway items. Most people have their own pedals (clipless or platforms) and will
put them on as soon as possible. Very few people keep the original pedals so it makes no sense for
GF to put on anything of any value. That money is invested elsewhere in the bike. Think yourself
lucky - a lot of higher end bikes don't come with pedals at all.

> There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.

Yeah, that's great, but next time could you put on some sort of warning about the content of your
page. Some of us would like to keep our jobs.

[email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of this
> bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?
>
> There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.
>
> Peace,
>
> Chuck
>
> http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html

Why didn't you just ask them to swap them out for pedals you wanted? My shop did on my Giant
Rainier, no questions asked. With the economy the way it is, most shops are more then willing to do
something like that when you are buying a bike.

As for why they put the cheap pedals on in the first place, it's all to keep the bikes price as
affordable as possible.

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Chuck Lysaght wrote:
>
> X-post removed.
>
> > I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of
> > this bike,
>
> ...and I expect you know hundreds.
>
> wonder why they put those damn plastic
> > pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?
>
> Because they're throwaway items. Most people have their own pedals (clipless or platforms) and
> will put them on as soon as possible. Very few people keep the original pedals so it makes no
> sense for GF to put on anything of any value. That money is invested elsewhere in the bike. Think
> yourself lucky - a lot of higher end bikes don't come with pedals at all.
>
> > There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.
>
> Yeah, that's great, but next time could you put on some sort of warning about the content of your
> page. Some of us would like to keep our jobs.

Maybe you should be working in the first place?

> [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo.
>
> Bummer
>
> > It's a great bike,
>
> Who told you that? Gary?
>
> > but I, along with many other owners of this bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic pedals
> > on that bike.
>
> Why not? They fit the spec rather well.
>
> > Anyone have a clue?
>
> How can one mountain bike where there are no mountains? Anyone have a clue?
>
> > There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.
> >
> > Peace,
> >
> > Chuck
> >
> > http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html
>
> Are you a pedophile, or just a dirty old man?

intelligent comments about this.

> JD

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Chuck says:
>
> >I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of this
> >bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?
>
> To give you something to pedal with until you put your own favourite pedals on? You know,
> clipless/platform/whatever floats your boat. if you are a die-hard Eggbeater guy, you'ld be ******
> if it came with ATACs, so they put on cheap "nothing" pedals so you can at least ride it around
> the carpark to test it.

Thanks Steve. The plastic pedals work okay. I am a bike messenger, so for downtown they are okay.

> Steve

bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Chuck Lysaght wrote:
>
> X-post removed.
>
> > I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of
> > this bike,
>
> ...and I expect you know hundreds.
>
> wonder why they put those damn plastic
> > pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?
>
> Because they're throwaway items. Most people have their own pedals (clipless or platforms) and
> will put them on as soon as possible. Very few people keep the original pedals so it makes no
> sense for GF to put on anything of any value. That money is invested elsewhere in the bike. Think
> yourself lucky - a lot of higher end bikes don't come with pedals at all.
>
> > There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.
>
> Yeah, that's great, but next time could you put on some sort of warning about the content of your
> page. Some of us would like to keep our jobs.

Thanks for your comments. Sorry about the content of my website. I hope you won't get caught
surfing usenet.

On 4 Aug 2003 06:23:46 -0700, [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote:

|I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with |many other owners of this
bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic |pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?

Pricepoint.

|http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html

I thought this was an amusing juxtaposition:

"Babe of the Day"

http://www.myimager.com/uploads/image017_643113591_58544.jpghttp://www.myimager.com/uploads/image01-
7_643113591_58544.jpg

Followed shortly by

"My Church"

http://www.immaculateconceptionjax.org/

It looks like the Bishop likes them pale as well:

http://web.mawebcenters.com/immaculateconceptionchurch/images/bishop.jpg

JD, you're a riot! :)

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

JD wrote:

> How can one mountain bike where there are no mountains?

Deep thoughts.....

[email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote

> The plastic pedals work okay. I am a bike messenger, so for downtown they are okay.

Let me get this straight. You're a messenger, and yet you are asking a clueless newbie question
about the plastic pedals on your Wahoo on alt.mountain-bike? God help your dispatcher.

Also, dude, your poetry Is really bad And you're way too old To be groping Hooters girls like that.

Have a nice day.

CC

news:<[email protected]>...

On 4 Aug 2003 18:52:26 -0700, [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote:

>P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> On 4 Aug 2003 06:23:46 -0700, [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote:
>>
>> |I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with |many other owners of this
>> bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic |pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?
>>
>> Pricepoint.
>>
>> |http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html
>>
>> I thought this was an amusing juxtaposition:
>>
>> "Babe of the Day"
>>
>> http://www.myimager.com/uploads/image017_643113591_58544.jpghttp://www.myimager.com/uploads/imag-
>> e017_643113591_58544.jpg
>>
>> Followed shortly by
>>
>> "My Church"
>>
>> http://www.immaculateconceptionjax.org/
>>
>> It looks like the Bishop likes them pale as well:
>>
>> http://web.mawebcenters.com/immaculateconceptionchurch/images/bishop.jpg

Chuck, Shirley you can't be serious.

...fvck off...ROFLMAO!

rich,

:-]

On 4 Aug 2003 18:52:26 -0700, [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote:

|P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
|> On 4 Aug 2003 06:23:46 -0700, [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote:
|>
|> |I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with |many other owners of this
|> bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic |pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?
|>
|> Pricepoint.
|>
|> |http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html
|>
|> I thought this was an amusing juxtaposition:
|>
|> "Babe of the Day"
|>
|> http://www.myimager.com/uploads/image017_643113591_58544.jpghttp://www.myimager.com/uploads/imag-
|> e017_643113591_58544.jpg
|>
|> Followed shortly by
|>
|> "My Church"
|>
|> http://www.immaculateconceptionjax.org/
|>
|> It looks like the Bishop likes them pale as well:
|>
|> http://web.mawebcenters.com/immaculateconceptionchurch/images/bishop.jpg

Ah, is that what you and the Bishop like to gab about after services are done?

Does he prefer pale girls, or pale boys? Does he fancy you because you're pale or for some
other reason?

Hypocrisy is always amusing!

"Chuck Lysaght" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo. It's a great bike, but I, along with many other owners of this
> bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic pedals on that bike. Anyone have a clue?

Hey Chuck... you haven't been receiving a warm welcome from the people on the newsgroup, but they
really mean well. Mostly.

Plastic pedals belong on rusting "Roadmaster" bikes. A lot of middle-age CEOs and their wives buy
the bike that you have, ride them in their driveways, go for 2 or 3 rides, and then never ride them
again. They don't need the grip that metal platforms provide. And then if you go clipless...

> There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.

You may want to warn peeps bout the soft ****, but welcome to AMB - where the people are snotty old
codgers and wish death to you, ah, ah. ;)

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote
> >
> > The plastic pedals work okay. I am a bike messenger, so for downtown
they are
> > okay.
>
> Let me get this straight. You're a messenger, and yet you are asking a clueless newbie question
> about the plastic pedals on your Wahoo on alt.mountain-bike? God help your dispatcher.
>
> Also, dude, your poetry Is really bad And you're way too old To be groping Hooters girls
> like that.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> CC

Yeah, no kidding. What messanger rides a Wahoo? And props on the poem.

A naked chick on a homepage does not a player make.

Jon Bond

Phil says:

>You may want to warn peeps bout the soft ****,

Ya-huh! I gots 4 kids in this family......

>but welcome to AMB - where the people are snotty old codgers

I resemble that remark, whippersnapper!

>and wish death to you, ah, ah. ;)

Only the Italian sub-group......

Steve

[email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Chuck Lysaght) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I own a new Gary Fisher Wahoo.
> >
> > Bummer
> >
> > > It's a great bike,
> >
> > Who told you that? Gary?
> >
> > > but I, along with many other owners of this bike, wonder why they put those damn plastic
> > > pedals on that bike.
> >
> > Why not? They fit the spec rather well.
> >
> > > Anyone have a clue?
> >
> > How can one mountain bike where there are no mountains? Anyone have a clue?
> >
> > > There is a link on my website titled My Bike that has all the specs on this bike.
> > >
> > > Peace,
> > >
> > > Chuck
> > >
> > > http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html
> >
> > Are you a pedophile, or just a dirty old man?
>

> intelligent comments about this.

Coming from Chester The Molester who displays pictures of naked little girls on his lame webpage,
I'll take that as a compliment.

JD