The gift that keeps on giving.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> gabrielle spray painted on a boxcar:
> > Dog ****. Long after the gas fumes of the motorbikes had dissipated, long after the sting from
> > my latest biff had worn off, I was still smelling the industrial-strength green goo stuck to my
> > front tire. No amount of scraping with available pine branches would dislodge it. I can only
> > assume that the animal in question had been fed the cheapest canine chow on the market, complete
> > with glue-producing horse parts, to cause it to adhere so well.
> >
> > Why oh why must they **** in the middle of the trail?
> >
> > gabrielle
>
> I"m sorry, ROFL. I had no idea what this post was going to be about. As Blaine said, why can't
> they find a stick *in the woods* to do some poo-flinging with....The entrance to the High Drive
> trails smell like **** for the first 1/10 mile but at least it's not in the middle of the trail...

Yeah - about the same here. My Friday ride was filled with mis-behaving owners. First, dog ****
everywhere - like a whole pack of them had passed by and decided to all **** within 10 feet of the
same spot. Walk it? I wish I could have "flown" it. Going up, a guy behind has a dog that runs right
up to my back tire and is growling and giving me hackles. I'm already gassed, so I'm not going to go
any faster, as if that would help. Finally a squirrel or some such distracted the dog and I moved
on. On the way down, a stupid owner let his Dalmatian nearly run me off the fireroad near my car and
has the nerve to holler at me for almost running over his dog! Now, let me state for the record that
I love dogs, and always have. All dogs. The owners? Not so much.

simply cannot predict what the dog will do in every circumstance, unless it is a professional dog.
If you don't know what that means, your dog ain't one!

2.) If by the strangest circumstance your beloved family member doesn't **** on the trail, then by
all means, do not bring along a bag to pack out it's waste. Flinging it off the trail is only
marginally acceptable. It's not the dog's fault that the whole world is it's

I had stopped bringing along the extendable baton. I can see that this has been a mistake. While I'd
rather use it on the idiotic owner than the poor creature, I have to protect myself.
--
Jonesy

E-mail me: rfjonesy *at* hotmail *dot* com

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote something that doesn't matter in the slightest...

<SNIP>

Shouldn't you be at work? And if you are, why are you using company resources to post?

cg

gabrielle <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dog ****. Long after the gas fumes of the motorbikes had dissipated, long after the sting from my
> latest biff had worn off, I was still smelling the industrial-strength green goo stuck to my front
> tire. No amount of scraping with available pine branches would dislodge it. I can only assume that
> the animal in question had been fed the cheapest canine chow on the market, complete with
> glue-producing horse parts, to cause it to adhere so well.
>
> Why oh why must they **** in the middle of the trail?
>
> gabrielle

Eastern Parkway has a median strip on either side for pedestrians and bicycles. Dog walkers use it
too. For some reason, most of my dog-owning neighbors seem to think that curb laws don't apply to
their pooches. The grass strips along the brick/macadam medians are mine fields, and he paved
surface isn't much better. My brother and I were on our way to our cousin's wedding a few weeks ago,
walking maybe ten feet from eachother, when we both stepped in dogshit simultaneously. WTF?

/s

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:50:11 -0500 (EST), [email protected] wrote:

. All I see on the trails is horse ****.

Those are mountain bikers.

.Fire up MTB 03

===