"The Gray Wolf"

I am not from Tuscon but I believe someone on these boards is from around that area (??). IMHO, if I ever look and talk like him I will give permission to my wife to put a bullet through my head.

Infact she can keep my doo-rag as a memory of me...
biggrin.gif

I really hope this is a bad joke...tough enough in my house shaving my legs, and my bike gear to just make my rep that much worse.

What a moron..."hey kids no need to worry about safety, just go as hard and as fast as you can...I will come visit you in the hospital and give you one of my cool grey wolf gloves and matching color book bag to show your friends".

-js

wiredued said:

jsirabella said:
I really hope this is a bad joke...
No, he's real. I've seen him a couple of times out there. The last time I was out there (a couple of years ago), I'm pretty sure that he had a different bike. He’s one of the many legions of "group-ride stars" that exist everywhere and is well known in the area for being kind of a loser. Who else would routinely ride LEW wheels on a group ride?

The funniest thing about him (IMO) is that he makes such a big deal about having an insanely light bike yet he doesn't seem to have the same vigor in achieving a low body weight as well.

I thought the comment about taking the Sun Tran to go up hill was a riot... why the crazy light bike then?

wiredued said:
I thought the comment about taking the Sun Tran to go up hill was a riot... why the crazy light bike then?
Right. :) If he can handle Gate's Pass routinely, Ajo is a pimple in comparison.

wiredued said:

Must be all the microaccelerations that occur even on flat terrain :)

hilarious piece..the reporter guy did a great job keeping a straight face...

Well since I live between 2nd and 3rd I will not take it personal....I think you mean 1st avenue or runs down 2nd Avenue...

I would take the fix gear messengers anyday over that guy....

john979 said:
You should see what runs up Second Avenue here in Manhattan...

"You've got a pretty deep tan for somebody that doesn't drink much water."

That's friggin' classic!

jsirabella said:
Well since I live between 2nd and 3rd I will not take it personal....I think you mean 1st avenue or runs down 2nd Avenue...

I would take the fix gear messengers anyday over that guy....
He runs both ways. I guess you know who I mean. There has got to be a UTube of him...

Is the Grey wolf typical of all you American cyclists?!:eek:

Sorry - cheap shot at humour.
He's a nutcase.
He's faster downhill !
Bags of cookies - sugar - sure - what about the fat? Just loose pounds off the bike.
If his bike rides the bus...no one else's does:eek:

Cycling is a weird thing as I can only speak of the USA and my experience. You get alot more of the 40 and older (me included in that category) trying to make a run of it ...you do not see that in other sports as much including running really. It seems you can remain competitive into your later years moreso than in football, baseball, soccer and other sports...so there are alot mroe gray haired fellows out there than usual. Fortunately the ones I have met are much brighter but they all seem to be a bit more competitive than others in their age group.

Ofcourse all of us yanks never leave our houses unless we have our $6,000 set of wheels! It is not even worth riding. Ofcourse we need our belts to carry all our groceries on our $14,000 bikes. You buy a $14,000 bike so you can take the bus...doesn't everyone!

-js

Bigbananabike said:
Is the Grey wolf typical of all you American cyclists?!:eek:

Sorry - cheap shot at humour.
He's a nutcase.
He's faster downhill !
Bags of cookies - sugar - sure - what about the fat? Just loose pounds off the bike.
If his bike rides the bus...no one else's does:eek:

This guy is totally awesome... I bet he drops everyone on the way to the century ride feed stop and eats all the cookies before they even get there. FEAR THE GREY WOLF!!!!!!!

He only enters races where the feed stops have cookies and chocolate milk!! and buses take everyone to the tops of hills! - that must be the Tour de Cookie then:)
No need to guess who his favourite character on Seseme Street was.

strader said:
This guy is totally awesome... I bet he drops everyone on the way to the century ride feed stop and eats all the cookies before they even get there. FEAR THE GREY WOLF!!!!!!!

Good that you can confirm the USA average roadie for me. I was begining to doubt....:cool:

Amen re the 40 + cyclists - just like that here in NZ. I don't think our racers are as gear geeky as USA but there is a pretty high standard in my race club. It stands out more so for TTs. As a club we only have two a season(+ locally there are other shorter ones) but there are a lot of guys who have high tech TT only bikes for those few events each year.

jsirabella said:
Cycling is a weird thing as I can only speak of the USA and my experience. You get alot more of the 40 and older (me included in that category) trying to make a run of it ...you do not see that in other sports as much including running really. It seems you can remain competitive into your later years moreso than in football, baseball, soccer and other sports...so there are alot mroe gray haired fellows out there than usual. Fortunately the ones I have met are much brighter but they all seem to be a bit more competitive than others in their age group.

Ofcourse all of us yanks never leave our houses unless we have our $6,000 set of wheels! It is not even worth riding. Ofcourse we need our belts to carry all our groceries on our $14,000 bikes. You buy a $14,000 bike so you can take the bus...doesn't everyone!

-js

I like the cookie idea better... although I would not mind borrowing his wheels for a few rides...

Man this guy is loony.