The Great Birth Robbery (also: Harvard magnet osteoarthritis treatment study)

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Todd Gastaldo, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. THE GREAT BIRTH ROBBERY See below.

    MAGNETIC TREATMENT OF OSTEOARTHRITIS OF THE KNEE

    "[M]agnets showed statistically significant efficacy
    compared to placebo after 4 hours under rigorously
    controlled conditions." --Wolsko et al.^^^ Double-blind placebo-
    controlled trial of static magnets for the treatment of
    osteoarthritis of the knee: results of a pilot study. Altern
    Ther Health Med. 2004 Mar-Apr;10(2):36-43. PubMed abstract

    ^^^Wolsko PM, Eisenberg DM, Simon LS, Davis RB,
    Walleczek J, Mayo-Smith M, Kaptchuk TJ, Phillips RS.
    Division for Research and Education, Harvard Medical
    School, Boston, MA, USA.

    How cool that knee osteoarthritis treatment with magnets is
    being studied scientifically, but...

    EXTRA! EXTRA!

    Why are we robbing our children in The Great SQUAT Robbery?

    AFTER A LIFETIME OF SQUATTING - THERE WAS **LESS** KNEE
    OSTEOARTHRITIS IN ELDERLY CHINESE MEN!!!

    See below...

    First this emergency announcement...

    THE GREAT BIRTH ROBBERY...

    Obstetricians are *knowingly* closing birth canals up to
    30%... See PROOF below.

    Jason Gardosi, MD in effect blamed The Great Squat Robbery
    for this Great Birth Robbery in his bizarre 1989 Lancet
    "randomised controlled trial of squatting delivery" where
    nobody squatted!

    See Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless
    for hours)... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2084

    PREGNANT WOMEN: It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN
    the "extra" up to 30%. You do NOT have to squat! See the
    very end of this post...

    Amy could not easily squat - so she used SIDE-LYING...

    "I found [side-lying] a very comfortable and easy birth
    position, as somebody who lacks the strength in my legs to
    squat."roups.google.com/groups?selm=408caf61%40clear.net.nz&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain

    EXTRA! EXTRA!

    AFTER A LIFETIME OF SQUATTING - THERE WAS **LESS** KNEE
    OSTEOARTHRITIS IN ELDERLY CHINESE MEN!!!

    Yet this amazing finding was BURIED by Zhang et al [2004]
    who found that,

    Squatting may DECREASE the risk of knee arthritis in men -
    and this (I say again) AFTER A LIFETIME OF SQUATTING.

    list/message/2476

    On April 5, 2004, Reuters went along with the gag (my
    emphasis on LESS LIKELY):

    "Squatting Increases Knee Arthritis Risk...When Zhang's team
    compared the Chinese study group with participants in a
    large U.S. study, they found that tibiofemoral arthritis was
    about 10 percent more common in Chinese women than in U.S.
    women. Chinese men, however, were LESS LIKELY to have this
    type of arthritis than American men." (emphasis added) http-
    ://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_16965.html

    Why were the words LESS LIKELY at the bottom of the
    Reuters article?!

    And why didn't Reuters emphasize that less knee arthritis in
    men came **after a life time of squatting** (!)

    WOMEN PLEASE NOTE: Zhang et al.'s 10 percent more knee
    arthritis came **after a life time of squatting**... 10
    percent more knee arthritis might be an acceptable trade-off
    for some women - esp. if squatting tends to prevent HIP
    osteoarthritis.

    "[Hip osteoarthritis in Chinese] was 80-90% less frequent
    than in white persons in the US..." --Nevitt et al.
    [Arthritis Rheum. 2002 Jul;46(7):1773-9. PubMed abstract]

    There is no evidence yet that squatting prevents hip
    osteoarthritis, but medical experts have long suspected this
    possibility.

    Squatting may prevent a LOT of problems...

    SQUATTING TO POOP: Jonathan Isbit seems to cover EVERYTHING
    about squatting - including the research showing that
    squatting to poop may prevent HEMORRHOIDS...

    Click on "Health Benefits" at: http://NaturesPlatform.com

    Back to Zhang et al...

    The concluding Reuters sentences are atrocious:

    "Although most people in the U.S. do not squat for extended
    periods of time, Zhang noted that squatting and kneeling are
    very common in daily activities, such as gardening and
    lifting. People need to be aware that squatting can generate
    harmful forces on the knee joint and may increase the risk
    of knee arthritis."

    Many (most?) American adults CAN'T squat - and of those
    who still can - most can't comfortably squat for
    prolonged periods.

    Why is this White Elephant being overlooked?

    After all...

    Squatting is an innate REST posture that happens to function
    as a DELIVERY posture that allows the birth canal to open
    maximally!

    BUT...

    PREGNANT WOMEN do NOT have to squat to allow their birth
    canals to open the "extra" up to 30%...

    Again, Amy used SIDE-LYING...

    "I found this a very comfortable and easy birth position, as
    somebody who lacks the strength in my legs to squat. My
    wonderful best friend held my leg for me as my midwife
    delivered my baby."roups.google.com/groups?selm=408caf61%40clear.net.nz&oe=UTF-
    8&output=gplain

    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

    PROOF that OBs and CNMwives are routinely closing birth
    canals up to 30%...

    According to the Merck Manual:

    "When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are
    hyperflexed to increase the diameter of the pelvic
    outlet..." http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section18-
    /chapter253/253g.jsp

    WHY are OBs and CNMwives (nurse midwives) waiting until the
    head is out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby
    maximum pelvic outlet diameter?

    WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads
    through birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%?

    OBs and CNMwives are SLICING vaginas (euphemism "routine
    episiotomy") - surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring everything
    possible is being done to OPEN birth canals - even as they
    CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%!

    See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
    Medicine http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2256

    PREGNANT WOMEN: It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal
    to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%. Just roll onto your side as
    you push your baby out - or deliver on hands-and-knees,
    kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

    BUT BEWARE: "Midwives...encourage...semisitting." (!) --Yale
    CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney. Varney's Midwifery. Sudbury,
    MA: Jones and Bartlett. 4th ed. 2004:839]

    Some MDs and MBs will let you "try" "alternative" delivery
    positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting
    (close your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

    Talk to your MD or MB about this TODAY. (For further details
    see the "Criminal medical CAM" URL above.)

    MDs/MBs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must -
    first get the woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

    Thanks for reading everyone.

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Tech27

    Tech27 Guest

    "Todd Gastaldo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

    If this is a chiropractor, why is he posting on SCIENCE.
    MEDICINE - neither of which do apply.

    the cure for cancer. Hint-I'm pretty sure it has something
    to do with spinal alignment. Look for the cancer
    subluxation.

    Geez!

  3. CRON DIET:

    ADJUSTING THE CANCER SUBLUXATION TO **PREVENT** CANCER...
    See below...

    First this...

    I mentioned a mass MEDICAL spinal manipulation crime...

    Putting an end to it would save tiny lives and tiny limbs
    and PREVENT more putative vertebral subluxations than
    chiropractors will ever be able to adjust by hand...

    See The Great Birth Robbery (also: Harvard magnet
    osteoarthritis treatment study) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2511

    "tech27" <[email protected]>

    > If this is a chiropractor, why is he posting on SCIENCE.
    > MEDICINE -
    neither
    > of which do apply.

    BOTH apply. BOTH "mainstream" medicine and chiropractic
    medicine are finally getting around to science - and both
    are abusing science to buttress existing practices...

    A key fact isn't commonly acknowledged regarding
    "mainstream" medicine...

    If "complementary and alternative medicine" (CAM) is taken
    to mean "unproven"...

    Most of "MAINSTREAM" medicine is CAM - CRIMINAL CAM -
    obviously so...

[...]

    See again: Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns
[...]

    Tech27 concluded:

    Most DCs haven't read "the Palmerisms" of Dr. DD Palmer,
    Founder of chiropractic...

    DD emphasized the existence of psychic (educational)
    subluxations and the need to adjust them.

    He subtitled his 1910 text "The Chiropractor's Adjuster" and
    named chiropractic "the mental act of accumulating
    knowledge." [1910:19]

    This only seems like arrogance until one realizes that
    medicine is RESTRICTING the mental act of accumulating
    knowledge - restricting (for example) key info about bizarre
    obstetric practices...

    DD's fundamental chiropractic hypothesis (disease caused by
    environmental (mech/chem/psychic) irritation of the nervous
    system) was published as the definition of chiropractic in
    three editions of Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary.

    See Dorland's: Preventing VS by educating OBs (also: New
    defn of chiro in Dorland's) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2318

    Perhaps there are other kinds of psychic subluxations...

    See Get flu, get spine adjusted? (also: college vaccination
    fraud) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2463

    THE CANCER SUBLUXATION

    > then post when you have the cure for cancer. Hint-I'm
    > pretty sure it has something to do with spinal alignment.
    > Look for the cancer subluxation.
    >
    > Geez!

    Regarding "the cancer subluxation"...

    DCs were, in effect, trying to adjust this subluxation
    hoping for CANCER PREVENTION - educating/adjusting regarding
    the therapeutic use of foods (diet therapy including whole
    foods, restricting foods and fasting) long before it became
    fashionable to do so.

    Now Roy Walford, MD writes of his Calorie Restriction
    Optimal Nutrition (CRON) diet in non-humans:

    "In the very first pioneering studies, caloric restriction
    of rats led to a significant delay in development of all
    cancers...these effects also hold for animals first placed
    on the diet in adulthood...The CRON diet is a powerful and
    effective cancer-prevention and cancer-delaying regimen. If
    there is a high incidence of cancer in your family,
    particularly breast cancer, you should certainly consider
    being on this diet. But to keep some cancer-stricken patient
    from going off on a foolish self-imposed starvation tangent,
    I should add that there is no evidence that calorie
    restriction will help cure cancer once that cancer has
    occurred, only that it will help prevent cancer in the first
    place." [Walford R. Beyond the 120 Year Diet: How to Double
    Your Vital Years. NY: Four Walls Eight Windows. Revised,
    expanded edition. 2000:51]

    Who knows but that the nutritional practices of some early
    DCs were similar to Roy's CRON diet?

    Regardless, Roy's book is a gem of a chiropractic
    adjustment. : )

    Thanks for reading,

    Sincerely,

    Todd