The Great Birth Robbery (also: Harvard magnet osteoarthritis treatment study)

Todd Gastaldo

Guest
THE GREAT BIRTH ROBBERY See below.

MAGNETIC TREATMENT OF OSTEOARTHRITIS OF THE KNEE

"[M]agnets showed statistically significant efficacy
compared to placebo after 4 hours under rigorously
controlled conditions." --Wolsko et al.^^^ Double-blind placebo-
controlled trial of static magnets for the treatment of
osteoarthritis of the knee: results of a pilot study. Altern
Ther Health Med. 2004 Mar-Apr;10(2):36-43. PubMed abstract

^^^Wolsko PM, Eisenberg DM, Simon LS, Davis RB,
Walleczek J, Mayo-Smith M, Kaptchuk TJ, Phillips RS.
Division for Research and Education, Harvard Medical
School, Boston, MA, USA.

How cool that knee osteoarthritis treatment with magnets is
being studied scientifically, but...

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Why are we robbing our children in The Great SQUAT Robbery?

AFTER A LIFETIME OF SQUATTING - THERE WAS **LESS** KNEE
OSTEOARTHRITIS IN ELDERLY CHINESE MEN!!!

See below...

First this emergency announcement...

THE GREAT BIRTH ROBBERY...

Obstetricians are *knowingly* closing birth canals up to
30%... See PROOF below.

Jason Gardosi, MD in effect blamed The Great Squat Robbery
for this Great Birth Robbery in his bizarre 1989 Lancet
"randomised controlled trial of squatting delivery" where
nobody squatted!

See Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless
for hours)... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2084

PREGNANT WOMEN: It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN
the "extra" up to 30%. You do NOT have to squat! See the
very end of this post...

Amy could not easily squat - so she used SIDE-LYING...

"I found [side-lying] a very comfortable and easy birth
position, as somebody who lacks the strength in my legs to
squat."roups.google.com/groups?selm=408caf61%40clear.net.nz&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain

EXTRA! EXTRA!

AFTER A LIFETIME OF SQUATTING - THERE WAS **LESS** KNEE
OSTEOARTHRITIS IN ELDERLY CHINESE MEN!!!

Yet this amazing finding was BURIED by Zhang et al [2004]
who found that,

Squatting may DECREASE the risk of knee arthritis in men -
and this (I say again) AFTER A LIFETIME OF SQUATTING.

list/message/2476

On April 5, 2004, Reuters went along with the gag (my
emphasis on LESS LIKELY):

"Squatting Increases Knee Arthritis Risk...When Zhang's team
compared the Chinese study group with participants in a
large U.S. study, they found that tibiofemoral arthritis was
about 10 percent more common in Chinese women than in U.S.
women. Chinese men, however, were LESS LIKELY to have this
type of arthritis than American men." (emphasis added) http-
://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_16965.html

Why were the words LESS LIKELY at the bottom of the
Reuters article?!

And why didn't Reuters emphasize that less knee arthritis in
men came **after a life time of squatting** (!)

WOMEN PLEASE NOTE: Zhang et al.'s 10 percent more knee
arthritis came **after a life time of squatting**... 10
percent more knee arthritis might be an acceptable trade-off
for some women - esp. if squatting tends to prevent HIP
osteoarthritis.

"[Hip osteoarthritis in Chinese] was 80-90% less frequent
than in white persons in the US..." --Nevitt et al.
[Arthritis Rheum. 2002 Jul;46(7):1773-9. PubMed abstract]

There is no evidence yet that squatting prevents hip
osteoarthritis, but medical experts have long suspected this
possibility.

Squatting may prevent a LOT of problems...

SQUATTING TO ****: Jonathan Isbit seems to cover EVERYTHING
about squatting - including the research showing that
squatting to **** may prevent HEMORRHOIDS...

Click on "Health Benefits" at: http://NaturesPlatform.com

Back to Zhang et al...

The concluding Reuters sentences are atrocious:

"Although most people in the U.S. do not squat for extended
periods of time, Zhang noted that squatting and kneeling are
very common in daily activities, such as gardening and
lifting. People need to be aware that squatting can generate
harmful forces on the knee joint and may increase the risk
of knee arthritis."

Many (most?) American adults CAN'T squat - and of those
who still can - most can't comfortably squat for
prolonged periods.

Why is this White Elephant being overlooked?

After all...

Squatting is an innate REST posture that happens to function
as a DELIVERY posture that allows the birth canal to open
maximally!

BUT...

PREGNANT WOMEN do NOT have to squat to allow their birth
canals to open the "extra" up to 30%...

Again, Amy used SIDE-LYING...

"I found this a very comfortable and easy birth position, as
somebody who lacks the strength in my legs to squat. My
wonderful best friend held my leg for me as my midwife
delivered my baby."roups.google.com/groups?selm=408caf61%40clear.net.nz&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

PROOF that OBs and CNMwives are routinely closing birth
canals up to 30%...

According to the Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are
hyperflexed to increase the diameter of the pelvic
outlet..." http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section18-
/chapter253/253g.jsp

WHY are OBs and CNMwives (nurse midwives) waiting until the
head is out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby
maximum pelvic outlet diameter?

WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads
through birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%?

OBs and CNMwives are SLICING vaginas (euphemism "routine
episiotomy") - surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring everything
possible is being done to OPEN birth canals - even as they
CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%!

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
Medicine http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2256

PREGNANT WOMEN: It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal
to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%. Just roll onto your side as
you push your baby out - or deliver on hands-and-knees,
kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

BUT BEWARE: "Midwives...encourage...semisitting." (!) --Yale
CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney. Varney's Midwifery. Sudbury,
MA: Jones and Bartlett. 4th ed. 2004:839]

Some MDs and MBs will let you "try" "alternative" delivery
positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting
(close your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

Talk to your MD or MB about this TODAY. (For further details
see the "Criminal medical CAM" URL above.)

MDs/MBs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must -
first get the woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

"Todd Gastaldo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

If this is a chiropractor, why is he posting on SCIENCE.
MEDICINE - neither of which do apply.

the cure for cancer. Hint-I'm pretty sure it has something
to do with spinal alignment. Look for the cancer
subluxation.

Geez!

CRON DIET:

ADJUSTING THE CANCER SUBLUXATION TO **PREVENT** CANCER...
See below...

First this...

I mentioned a mass MEDICAL spinal manipulation crime...

Putting an end to it would save tiny lives and tiny limbs
and PREVENT more putative vertebral subluxations than
chiropractors will ever be able to adjust by hand...

See The Great Birth Robbery (also: Harvard magnet
osteoarthritis treatment study) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2511

"tech27" <[email protected]>

> If this is a chiropractor, why is he posting on SCIENCE.
> MEDICINE -
neither
> of which do apply.

BOTH apply. BOTH "mainstream" medicine and chiropractic
medicine are finally getting around to science - and both
are abusing science to buttress existing practices...

A key fact isn't commonly acknowledged regarding
"mainstream" medicine...

If "complementary and alternative medicine" (CAM) is taken
to mean "unproven"...

Most of "MAINSTREAM" medicine is CAM - CRIMINAL CAM -
obviously so...

[...]

See again: Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns
[...]

Dr. Gastaldo todd@c...

Tech27 concluded:

Most DCs haven't read "the Palmerisms" of Dr. DD Palmer,
Founder of chiropractic...

DD emphasized the existence of psychic (educational)
subluxations and the need to adjust them.

He subtitled his 1910 text "The Chiropractor's Adjuster" and
named chiropractic "the mental act of accumulating
knowledge." [1910:19]

This only seems like arrogance until one realizes that
medicine is RESTRICTING the mental act of accumulating
knowledge - restricting (for example) key info about bizarre
obstetric practices...

DD's fundamental chiropractic hypothesis (disease caused by
environmental (mech/chem/psychic) irritation of the nervous
system) was published as the definition of chiropractic in
three editions of Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary.

See Dorland's: Preventing VS by educating OBs (also: New
defn of chiro in Dorland's) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2318

Perhaps there are other kinds of psychic subluxations...

See Get flu, get spine adjusted? (also: college vaccination
fraud) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
list/message/2463

THE CANCER SUBLUXATION

> then post when you have the cure for cancer. Hint-I'm
> pretty sure it has something to do with spinal alignment.
> Look for the cancer subluxation.
>
> Geez!

Regarding "the cancer subluxation"...

DCs were, in effect, trying to adjust this subluxation
hoping for CANCER PREVENTION - educating/adjusting regarding
the therapeutic use of foods (diet therapy including whole
foods, restricting foods and fasting) long before it became
fashionable to do so.

Now Roy Walford, MD writes of his Calorie Restriction
Optimal Nutrition (CRON) diet in non-humans:

"In the very first pioneering studies, caloric restriction
of rats led to a significant delay in development of all
cancers...these effects also hold for animals first placed
on the diet in adulthood...The CRON diet is a powerful and
effective cancer-prevention and cancer-delaying regimen. If
there is a high incidence of cancer in your family,
particularly breast cancer, you should certainly consider
being on this diet. But to keep some cancer-stricken patient
from going off on a foolish self-imposed starvation tangent,
I should add that there is no evidence that calorie
restriction will help cure cancer once that cancer has
occurred, only that it will help prevent cancer in the first
place." [Walford R. Beyond the 120 Year Diet: How to Double
Your Vital Years. NY: Four Walls Eight Windows. Revised,
expanded edition. 2000:51]

Who knows but that the nutritional practices of some early
DCs were similar to Roy's CRON diet?

Regardless, Roy's book is a gem of a chiropractic
adjustment. : )

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd