The greatest form of flattery...

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
Is it just me, or do some local cycling mags &quot;browse&quot; this site for article ideas? Most of our &quot;hot&quot; topics get featured as articles in mags a month or two after they appeared as topics on this site.<br />So hey, if you are an editor of any of the cycling mags and you read this message, be fair and give this website a mention in your mags next issue, ok? ;)

So far Bicycling Australia are the only ones who have been kind enough to give us a link.....although i doubt they have ever featured this site in their mag :)

[quote author=Vo2 link=board=6;threadid=2519;start=0#21629 date=1034582048]<br />Is it just me, or do some local cycling mags &quot;browse&quot; this site for article ideas? [/quote]<br /><br />It has long been my theory that bicycle magazines browse their old issues (usually about two years ago) to recycle training articles or whatever. If you don't believe me, try subscribing to one for this length of time and see how many articles get repeated.

IMO RIDE Magazine, South Africa, use's a large amount of materialo sourced from the Internet, inlcuind this site, and overseas magazines.<br /><br />How do I know this?...<br /><br />I am a former RIDE employee.<br /><br />I have seen a Credit to this site once, but generally they do not seem to credit their sources.<br /><br />I can speak from experience as I have every RIDE publication ever printed.<br /><br />If you recognize material from your site in their Mag, it would be much appreciated if you could contact me as they have recently published a large article off a former version of my site, among other misdemeanours. I am currently involved in a battle to expose them, and would like to hear your stories.<br /><br />Contact me : [email protected]<br /><br />Tks.

It was just an observation really. For example, I've never seen an article regarding creatine in a cycling mag before. Lab Rat started the "Operation Creatine" thread here and about a month later there was a creatine article in the mag. Same with the protein thread, and the carbo loading thread. I still can't find the issue that credited this site. Do you know perhaps, Merlin?

Bicycling Australia had an article on creatine but this was before LabRats's &quot;Project Creatine&quot; and the &quot;Creatine&quot; thread.<br />That's where i got my info when i posted. <br /><br />Just keeping the battle even on both sides ;D

Yo Vo2...<br /><br />I am not sure which issue it was, but it was definately a 2002 issue...<br /><br />:)<br /><br />Mine are packed away, sorry, too much hassle to check...<br /><br />*g*<br /><br />I did remember however, that it was not a credit, but rather a review. :)<br /><br />I do know that they browse this site though, so a word of advice, keep a lookout in the Mag, you may just see unauthorized material...<br /><br />:/

[quote author=Merlin link=board=6;threadid=2519;start=0#21725 date=1034962859]<br />I do know that they browse this site though, so a word of advice, keep a lookout in the Mag, you may just see unauthorized material...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />The thing is, I dont care if 'any mag' uses anything from here as long as they give us a link

Sure thing Steve...<br /><br />My material was copyrighted, and printed without consultation...<br /><br />Just providing my thoughts on the matter. :)