the hawks are back

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by byron27, May 16, 2004.

  1. byron27

    byron27 Guest

    great to see the hawks pull their finger out against the shocker
    flyingdutch

    Now that the shockers have lost two in a row i dont have to put up wit
    the continuous barrage of docker propoganda in the media over here i
    Perth. Now they are just picking on jeff farmer and blaming him for th
    loss...now thats entertainment!

    and what does this have to do with bikes??

    hippy, the master of the segue, will show us...

    -

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    byron27 wrote:
    > great to see the hawks pull their finger out against the shockers
    > flyingdutch!
    > Now that the shockers have lost two in a row i dont have to put up with
    > the continuous barrage of docker propoganda in the media over here in
    > Perth. Now they are just picking on jeff farmer and blaming him for the
    > loss...now thats entertainment!!
    > and what does this have to do with bikes???
    > hippy, the master of the segue, will show us....

    Fools!!!!!!!!!!!

    play dead for the draft picks; sod pride. What did pride ever get anyon
    other than biffed up or sore

    -

  3. Etxy

    Etxy Guest

    The Hawks only managed something good because they had Box Hill player
    playing for them

    Me? Follow the VFL? Never! :

    -

  4. Andy Simpson

    Andy Simpson Guest

    Etxy wrote:
    > The Hawks only managed something good because they had Box Hill
    > players playing for them.
    >
    > Me? Follow the VFL? Never! :p

    Mmmm, they may even use the Swannies as the next step up their recovery
    ladder, there have been a few teams doing that recently... hippy being
    AWOL - has anyone else found that the bike racks at the SCG get completely
    chockers about 20 minutes before the bounce for these afternoon games ?
    Probably safe to lock up to the fence around there - I reckon areas like
    this with very high pedestrian traffic are pretty safe for bikes.

    I've once been the first bike to the ground (in the days before I was
    married and could watch the reserves) - the traffic police briefing point is
    at the bike rack, so I got to ride up, ask about 15 police people to shift
    their butts, park my bike and then watch them re-assemble around it. It felt
    very secure, although in the back of my mind I was playing out this scene
    where they finish their briefing and set off to their posts leaving just the
    frame locked to the rack.

    Andy

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Andy Simpson Mmmm, they may even use the Swannie
    >as the next step up heir recovery ladder, there have been a few team
    >doing hat recently... hippy being AWOL - has anyone else found hat th
    >bike racks at the SCG get completely chockers abou

    Not AWOL, just couldn't find anything worthy of a post..

    I did find a cycling team in the UK called the Hetton HAWKS though. :

    http://members.lycos.co.uk/hettonhawks

    hipp

    -