The hazards of my commute. Wet and Dark but Fun... hmm - Least that's what I keep telling myself.

Krellon

Feb 15, 2014
This was me trying top get home last night.

http://youtu.be/CaPNgPPJxUY

And this was me trying to get home last week trying to get though a country lane.

http://youtu.be/9qpMDWx1Lk0

This was a mentalist who's actions I fortunately anticipated.

http://youtu.be/fMop-lSHM6U

Br

Damn...I heard it was wet over there! We'll sell you a barrel of WD-40...you're going to need it.

Good job avoiding the car crash.

You are not working wearing a suit are you?
big-smile.png

Traffic dangers here are much worse... I get worst situations then that roundabout thing in the video almost everytime I go for a ride...

Kinda regret for not cycling more when I was in the UK...
sad.png

Btw, riding over water can be very dangerous, not too much because of slipping, but because there might be a hole underneath that you can't see, like deep potholes etc... Best to avoid them or maybe keep speed at a minimum so even if the bike gets immobilized suddenly you wont crash etc...

Are there any bike cleaning garages there?
big-smile.png

I'm sorry, but I may have laughed out loud when you fell in the water. You definitely wouldn't find me riding my bike in some of those conditions and I admire your determination to get back on the bike the following day. And finally I agree, impatient kills. If drivers could just look and wait for literally 2-3 seconds it could save someone's life.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Damn...I heard it was wet over there! We'll sell you a barrel of WD-40...you're going to need it.

Good job avoiding the car crash.
Hehe thanks. You tend to learn to read the road's when your out on them every day but it still doesn't stop those hell bent on doing you harm.

Br

Originally Posted by Volnix
You are not working wearing a suit are you?
big-smile.png

Traffic dangers here are much worse... I get worst situations then that roundabout thing in the video almost everytime I go for a ride...

Kinda regret for not cycling more when I was in the UK...
sad.png

Btw, riding over water can be very dangerous, not too much because of slipping, but because there might be a hole underneath that you can't see, like deep potholes etc... Best to avoid them or maybe keep speed at a minimum so even if the bike gets immobilized suddenly you wont crash etc...

Are there any bike cleaning garages there?
big-smile.png
Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I ride the same roads every day, morning and night so normally I know what to expect. That said, when you have to take avoiding maneuvers you can end up running over terrain you wouldn't normally go over making the whole experience a little more hazardous.

I'd spend my entire life cleaning my bike with the weather we have been having here :( I need to get disciplined, I don't clean it anywhere near as much as i should really. :(

N

Originally Posted by ChuckTowne

I'm sorry, but I may have laughed out loud when you fell in the water. You definitely wouldn't find me riding my bike in some of those conditions and I admire your determination to get back on the bike the following day. And finally I agree, impatient kills. If drivers could just look and wait for literally 2-3 seconds it could save someone's life.
You right mate, I've timed some of the events as they occur and your talking literally 3-5 seconds! The difference between a happy, full and long life or a death or disability.

Happy Cycling.

Those are the type of conditions I go out of my way to avoid riding in. They're dangerous enough for motor vehicles and absolutely lethal for cyclists. However, I do admire your bravery and determination. I'm also glad to see that you avoided a potential accident with that vehicle, those were some quick reflexes. Thanks for sharing those videos, they were quite interesting.