The hills of Flanders

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Trent Gregory H, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. Folks,

    Greetings and salutations. I have a question for those of you who've toured or biked around Belgium:
    My wife and I are planning on spending a few weeks this summer cycling in the Benelux, and I'd kinda
    like to take in some of the famous climbs from the Flemish classics, such as the Koppenburg from the
    Tour of Flanders. Is there a directory that lists where those are? Any other recommendations on
    routes would be helpful. (We're definitely going to see Brugge, Gent, and Antwerp.)

    Thanks, Trent

    Tags:

  2. Amh

    Amh Guest

    trent gregory hill <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]du>...
    > Folks,
    >
    > Greetings and salutations. I have a question for those of you who've toured or biked around
    > Belgium: My wife and I are planning on spending a few weeks this summer cycling in the Benelux,
    > and I'd kinda like to take in some of the famous climbs from the Flemish classics, such as the
    > Koppenburg from the Tour of Flanders. Is there a directory that lists where those are? Any other
    > recommendations on routes would be helpful. (We're definitely going to see Brugge, Gent, and
    > Antwerp.)
    >
    > Thanks, Trent

    Try cyclingnews.com

    They have a map of each of the recently held classics. Not exactly the most detailed but they will
    indicate where they are.

    Hope this helps.

    Andy