The Infamous Bb86 Ultra Torque Click

ColnagoC60 said:
People always interest me.

It is very clear that Alf has no mechanical technical education, very little practical experience yet the tenacity to argue on for hours on end. And then with this background, he criticizes US Engineering education. Wow.

I always wonder if it is possible to rescue an individual like this and help him back to sanity. My guess though is that his ego will be much bigger than factual technical analysis.

If he goes along with us, I will help him along with a proper analysis of each of his statements, but my guess is that is not going to happen.

I think we are wasting our time here Campy Bob, time to move onto new things.
AGAIN ...

YOU may think that I have little mechanical aptitude ...

But, apparently YOU have less BECAUSE if you insist that separating the crankarms by 1.0mm does not affect the Hirth Coupling which joins them then it is YOU who are clueless AND the one who is lacking "technical aptitude.

What a douche!

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Alf:
"Well, I know it's a micrometer ..."

It's not just 'a' micrometer. It's MY micrometer. One of several 0-1" mics I own and have used for almost 40 years. One of a complete set that goes to 10" One of several sets of O.D., I.D., Depth, Bore and Groove mics I own and use.

You see, Alf, unlike you I actually know the difference between a thou and a tenth. And what that means in many mechanical applications. And where you can get away with what. And where you can not.

And I know which tools can measure to what resolution, repeatability and the expected confidence level those readings have associated with them.

I also learned a long, long time ago when someone was full of **** when it comes to things mechanical in nature. And you, Alf, are so full of **** your eyes are brown.

I mastered the subject of clearance a long, long time ago also. You have made it clear that at whatever age you've obtained you still have not grasp that very simple mechanical attribute or its effects on assemblies.

And long before I took up engineering and design as a way to put bread on my table and pay for my Campagnolo equipped bicycles...my father taught me an even more important life lesson. He taught me that we have one thing of great value that costs us very little, but that can be easily lost...our reputations.

Alf, maybe you really are too dense to understand what you just did to yours in this thread, but I will explain that to you in a very short, easily understood sentence: You trashed yours while insulting the intelligence of everyone that read this thread.

Good luck trying to get back what you destroyed. That's a lot more difficult proposition.
Well ...

That's the best you can do?

Complain that I used the indefinite article "a" instead of declaring that it was "your" micrometer?

Well, good luck to YOU ...

BECAUSE, like the douchebag, you seem to want to embrace your mistaken belief that separating the UT crankarms by 1.0mm does not affect the Hirth Coupling which joins them ....

That's UNBELIEVABLE!

And so, it is YOU who are also apparently clueless.

Quote by ALF"

"It was only the douchebag who was fixated on the "HDPE washer" until YOUR most recent post ..."

Again, your memory fails you...as does your reading comprehension...logic...common sense...

You are so ****ing retarded they would award you the entire burlap sack full of gold medals at the Special Olympics without you even having to go to a starting line.

Quickly re-quoted from a post I made on page 3 of this abortion of a thread:
The problem of the noise ORIGINATES from the fact that even with the WIDEST damned BB shell possible there is still too much end play in the assembly and there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to dial it out by dicking around with your irrelevant Q-factor number or shimming the 10MM Hirth joint fixing bolt with 2 gallons worth of milk jug washers OR by removing this fictional 'air gap' in the Hirth joint.

Want to to dig up more? They are there for all...including you 'if' you had a ****ing half a brain cell still firing to READ.

"But now, YOU have been suckered into taking up his banner."

Not quite, but I sure have been suckered into trying to explain to an ignorant dumbfuck...YOU, Alf...exactly 'why' you are full of ****. Additionally, I have been suckered into refuting every moronic claim and retarded statement you have made...over...and over...and over. As if by repeating your ******** to people enough damned times it will somehow magically become the truth.

Good ****ing luck with THAT, dumbass.

"I simply offered it an alternate to using the silicon compound which he was using to fabricate an ad hoc washer."

You're really stupid, Alf...but you already know that. C60 did NOT locate his silicon washer under the head of his 10 MM fixing bolt...which is EXACTLY where you stated he should install the milk jug washer 'kludge' YOU came up with. Dipshit.

Go re-read the information he posted. If you can find time to do that what with all the moronic Q-Factor measuring you're busy with.

Quote by Alf:
"BECAUSE, like the douchebag, you seem to want to embrace your mistaken belief that separating the UT crankarms by 1.0mm does not affect the Hirth Coupling which joins them ...."

As stated to you about 50 times in this thread:
NO ONE is separating either the crank arms or the Hirth Joint by 0.00000000001 MM.

You ****ing dumbass.

Well, I was right, the ego is too big.

So Alf lets see if you can make even a bigger asshole of yourself here publicly for everyone too see.

Further to last question you answered, here are the next logical questions which show you are retarded beyond reason, try and answer them too:

If you torque the bolt that hold the hirth joint splines together at mid Campy spec of 50Nm, what is the axial load in compression, Lbs., or kN, whatever you choose?

With the axial compression load calculated above (First year Eng college) what will be the pressure on the splines of the joint in Psi, or kPa, whatever you choose?

What is the compression strength of a low grade milk jug bottle HDPE material, before it disintegrates and falls out of your bottom bracket, compared to the pressure above?

If spacing of the shaft dimension with shims try to pull the hirth coupling apart, where do you think the weakest point in this design is? My suggestion is you will see balls falling out of your bottom bracket, but even that can be calculated by a smart first year Engineering student.

I suspect you won't understand any of what I have asked and come up with another ludicrous statement, man, you sure are something!!!!

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Alf:
"BECAUSE, like the douchebag, you seem to want to embrace your mistaken belief that separating the UT crankarms by 1.0mm does not affect the Hirth Coupling which joins them ...."

As stated to you about 50 times in this thread:
NO ONE is separating either the crank arms or the Hirth Joint by 0.00000000001 MM.

You ****ing dumbass.
CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by ALF"

"It was only the douchebag who was fixated on the "HDPE washer" until YOUR most recent post ..."

Again, your memory fails you...as does your reading comprehension...logic...common sense...

You are so ****ing retarded they would award you the entire burlap sack full of gold medals at the Special Olympics without you even having to go to a starting line.

Quickly re-quoted from a post I made on page 3 of this abortion of a thread:
The problem of the noise ORIGINATES from the fact that even with the WIDEST damned BB shell possible there is still too much end play in the assembly and there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to dial it out by dicking around with your irrelevant Q-factor number or shimming the 10MM Hirth joint fixing bolt with 2 gallons worth of milk jug washers OR by removing this fictional 'air gap' in the Hirth joint.

Want to to dig up more? They are there for all...including you 'if' you had a ****ing half a brain cell still firing to READ.

"But now, YOU have been suckered into taking up his banner."

Not quite, but I sure have been suckered into trying to explain to an ignorant dumbfuck...YOU, Alf...exactly 'why' you are full of ****. Additionally, I have been suckered into refuting every moronic claim and retarded statement you have made...over...and over...and over. As if by repeating your ******** to people enough damned times it will somehow magically become the truth.

Good ****ing luck with THAT, dumbass.

"I simply offered it an alternate to using the silicon compound which he was using to fabricate an ad hoc washer."

You're really stupid, Alf...but you already know that. C60 did NOT locate his silicon washer under the head of his 10 MM fixing bolt...which is EXACTLY where you stated he should install the milk jug washer 'kludge' YOU came up with. Dipshit.

Go re-read the information he posted. If you can find time to do that what with all the moronic Q-Factor measuring you're busy with.
ARE YOU OKAY?

Just because the douchebag is fixated on the "HDPE material" as a different material alternatively-or-supplementally located to facilitate reducing the "clicking" (which MY bikes don't have ... and, NO, I don't have any shims or supplements in my installations) which the douchebag was experiencing doesn't mean that YOU have to be, too.

I think that YOU need to re-read the thread ... and, stop interpreting it the way the douchebag wants you to.

If I am a "dipshit" then at least I am a "dipshit" who can do simple arithmetic AND who apparently has the manual facility to properly dimension my BB shells.

ColnagoC60 said:
Well, I was right, the ego is too big.

So Alf lets see if you can make even a bigger asshole of yourself here publicly for everyone too see.

Further to last question you answered, here are the next logical questions which show you are retarded beyond reason, try and answer them too:

If you torque the bolt that hold the hirth joint splines together at mid Campy spec of 50Nm, what is the axial load in compression, Lbs., or kN, whatever you choose?

With the axial compression load calculated above (First year Eng college) what will be the pressure on the splines of the joint in Psi, or kPa, whatever you choose?

What is the compression strength of a low grade milk jug bottle HDPE material, before it disintegrates and falls out of your bottom bracket, compared to the pressure above?

If spacing of the shaft dimension with shims try to pull the hirth coupling apart, where do you think the weakest point in this design is? My suggestion is you will see balls falling out of your bottom bracket, but even that can be calculated by a smart first year Engineering student.

I suspect you won't understand any of what I have asked and come up with another ludicrous statement, man, you sure are something!!!!
NICE!?!

You are babbling more than before ...

YOUR fixation with the "HDPE material" probably suggests some type of neurosis ...

It's nice that in the universe in which the two of you inhabit that ...

144.5 == 145.5

The two of you are unbelievable.

What a douche you are!

Quote by C60:
"If you torque the bolt that hold the hirth joint splines together at mid Campy spec of 50Nm, what is the axial load in compression, Lbs., or kN, whatever you choose?
If spacing of the shaft dimension with shims try to pull the hirth coupling apart, where do you think the weakest point in this design is? My suggestion is you will see balls falling out of your bottom bracket, but even that can be calculated by a smart first year Engineering student."

Now you did it!!!

Alf is absolutely clueless 'where' the distortion and failure will begin and end, as far as the crankset assembly goes.
Clue.
Less.

He is still too retarded to know how ball bearings are designed, assembled and function. Neither does he know what load ratings are, how they are calculated and what affects them.

And clearly, he never attended a Strength Of Materials course in his life.

More to the point, he has reached (supposedly) adulthood with ZERO common sense.

"I suspect you won't understand any of what I have asked and come up with another ludicrous statement, man, you sure are something!!!!"

You called that one.

He's right back to his moronic 144.5 == 145.5 idiocy. I think what he meant to type was the "≠" sign, but he couldn't figure out how to accomplish even that simple task.

Dealing with life's dumbasses has always been interesting, but in this case it has also been hilarious. I can't remember the last time I ran into such a complete ignoramus. He has furnished so much erroneous information in one thread that he may well have set a new record for internet lunacy.

So much for arguing with someone on the internet! After exposing him for the clueless fraud that he is all he does is fall right back into his meaningless,"144.5!!ONE!!111! It's da Que-Factoid!! OMFGWBBQ!!!", routine.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I believe, if fact I know that Alf did not assemble that BB on the **** frame in his picture. I would not trust him to even know in which direction to screw or unscrew, without totally screwing up everything.

His legs are probably so thin, from sitting in the closet every day, that he would not be able to produce a click in any BB ever assembled.

He is just an old guy sitting in a closet typing **** every day.

Yeah...pounding nails in my eyes, in hindsight, would have been more productive, I would, however, hate to see someone screw up an already bad situation by removing material from their bottom bracket shell...making the addition of MORE shims necessary to quiet down the crankset.

I am convinced Alf has ever heard the term, "crankwalk". Anyone that has dealt with rotating machinery (this includes small chidren that had Erector Sets, Tinker Toys and Lego's) is familiar with it and what the various consequences resultant from that condition.

dsmcrankwalk3bd_2.jpg

I keep picturing Alf as this old guy with a perfectly balanced and smooth-as-silk pedal stroke with absolutely no power or force behind it...his bike never wavering from being perfectly vertical...never thrown side-to-side in an all out effort to stay on a wheel or drop the other guys in the break on a climb...or sprinting with vision closing in with the line still 100 yards away.

I'll be the first to admit that I have to do whatever is necessary to get what power I develop into the pedals. If that means killing it and drilling it with a form so badly broken down that I look like a Cat. 5 thrown into the Giro...so be it.

I apply a lot of side force to the bike and the crank. And Alf is too damned retarded to figure out it's the entire assembly slapping left and right that is causing the noise. He's also too dumb to figure out the you and I would both be dead or severely injured if our fixing bolts came undone, if they broke or if our Hirth Joints were 'flexing' because of some imaginary 'air gap' in them. Equally retarded, he can't figure out for the life of him what happens to the crank assembly if just a smidge (that's a high-precision Brit engineering term!) too tight. For you edification, Alf, it's NOT the Hirth Joint that gets forced apart first...something C60 and I have been hysterically laughing at you for pages about.

Of course, anyone with any common sense or the least bit of hands-on experience with UltraTorque cranksets would know all that. It doesn't require a degree in mechanical engineering...just a few functioning brain cells will suffice.

For ***** & giggles we should ask Alf to carefully describe the procedure he uses to measure his Q-Factor. Before he starts in on another retarded diatribe, I'll put it out there that he uses one the doubles the measurement error.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by C60:
"If you torque the bolt that hold the hirth joint splines together at mid Campy spec of 50Nm, what is the axial load in compression, Lbs., or kN, whatever you choose?
If spacing of the shaft dimension with shims try to pull the hirth coupling apart, where do you think the weakest point in this design is? My suggestion is you will see balls falling out of your bottom bracket, but even that can be calculated by a smart first year Engineering student."

Now you did it!!!

Alf is absolutely clueless 'where' the distortion and failure will begin and end, as far as the crankset assembly goes.
Clue.
Less.

He is still too retarded to know how ball bearings are designed, assembled and function. Neither does he know what load ratings are, how they are calculated and what affects them.

And clearly, he never attended a Strength Of Materials course in his life.

More to the point, he has reached (supposedly) adulthood with ZERO common sense.

"I suspect you won't understand any of what I have asked and come up with another ludicrous statement, man, you sure are something!!!!"

You called that one.

He's right back to his moronic 144.5 == 145.5 idiocy. I think what he meant to type was the "≠" sign, but he couldn't figure out how to accomplish even that simple task.

Dealing with life's dumbasses has always been interesting, but in this case it has also been hilarious. I can't remember the last time I ran into such a complete ignoramus. He has furnished so much erroneous information in one thread that he may well have set a new record for internet lunacy.

So much for arguing with someone on the internet! After exposing him for the clueless fraud that he is all he does is fall right back into his meaningless,"144.5!!ONE!!111! It's da Que-Factoid!! OMFGWBBQ!!!", routine.
OH, YOU CAN'T READ!

I wrote:

It's nice that in the universe in which the two of you inhabit that ...

144.5 == 145.5

In a single line, that would be:

It's nice that in the universe in which the two of you inhabit that ... 144.5 == 145.5

Was it really too complex for you to read?

For the rest of us, 144.5 =/= 145.5.

I suppose that not using WHOLE NUMBERS might have been too confusing for you ...

FYI. 4 =/= 5, 5 =/= 6, etc.

It's good that the two of you keep harping on the HDPE plastic as a distraction to the presumed deficiencies in the UT crankset/BB which the douchebag opening troll BECAUSE it means you don't have to face reality.

Quote by Alf:
"OH, YOU CAN'T READ!"

Actually, I can.

I can also use correct nomenclature and symbology.

But, go ahead and ignore ALL the many questions posed to you in this thread that you've dodged answering. Just like Froome's foot, you're broken, Alf. And you can't be fixed.

Harping on your idiotic milk jug washer?! The 'air gap' flexing Hirth Joint was far funnier, dipshit. Pure comedy gold.

YOU are the distraction in this thread, Alf. Every piece of incorrect and misleading information you posted is a distraction. The thread was beyond salvaging five pages ago. All we're doing now is poking fun at you and laughing at your every moronic response.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Alf:
"OH, YOU CAN'T READ!"

Actually, I can.

I can also use correct nomenclature and symbology.

But, go ahead and ignore ALL the many questions posed to you in this thread that you've dodged answering. Just like Froome's foot, you're broken, Alf. And you can't be fixed.

Harping on your idiotic milk jug washer?! The 'air gap' flexing Hirth Joint was far funnier, dipshit. Pure comedy gold.

YOU are the distraction in this thread, Alf. Every piece of incorrect and misleading information you posted is a distraction. The thread was beyond salvaging five pages ago. All we're doing now is poking fun at you and laughing at your every moronic response.
YUP!!

I must be a wicked good craftsman with the tools that I have BECAUSE I have been able to ensure that my threaded BB shells are as specified (e.g., an English Threaded BB shell is 68.00mm ... not 68.05mm ... not 67.95mm ... et cetera) BUT I can also install my Ultra Torque BB cups so that I don't need to use shims when installing an Ultra Torque crankset.

It's good that YOU apparently know YOUR limitations and have resorted to using shims.

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ...

Really?

Snarky remarks are not questions.

Are the snarky remarks YOUR version of trolling for a response which you can then complain about?

When the answers which I've given don't fit inside your worldview, you mock them ...

How did you want me to reply to your remark about a "ball pein (sic)" hammer?

I suppose that YOU should be even MORE IMPRESSED if I was able to use a ball peen hammer to bring my frame's BB shell into what I deem to be the ideal dimension which somehow allows me to eliminate using the Wavy Washer without ponying up for a set of the Rogue Mechanic's shims.

The douchebag & YOU are the ones who inexplicably fixated on a suggestion-in-passing which one might consider using ...

If it's truly a bad material choice, then it is ...

But, can the DIY silicon washer be that much better?

Maybe, maybe not.

I certainly wouldn't resort to something THAT half-assed on MY Colnago.

Does it REALLY bother you that I used SR cups with an alloy crank?

What do you propose I use?

Oh, I know an answer you can mock ...

I chose it because it was BLACK and not a DARK BRONZE color. :)

How's that?

Is it something which you can work with?

What else is there to say if YOU continue to insist that 144.5 == 145.5?

I've offered what I feel is a useful alternative to using shims because shims are typically used to compensate for imprecision in manufacture IF a person has the ability to ensure that their BB shell is properly dimensioned ...

No one else has to use it ...

Again, I must apparently be a wicked good craftsman with the tools that I have ...

And again, It's good that YOU know YOUR apparent limitations.

BTW. I would suggest to you that the douchebag has been has been using you the way the globalwarming hoaxers have been using their useful idiots AND (if you need another example) how the outside provocateurs have been using the urban protesters in Baltimore, Ferguson, etc. to create distrust of their local police; but, for you to comprehend THAT you would have to pull-your-head-out-of-your-ass for a few minutes.

CAMPYBOB said:
Yeah...pounding nails in my eyes, in hindsight, would have been more productive, I would, however, hate to see someone screw up an already bad situation by removing material from their bottom bracket shell...making the addition of MORE shims necessary to quiet down the crankset.
BTW. Make sure you drive them in deep -- down to the retina -- because you have proven that you can't comprehend what you think you are reading so you obviously don't need them ...

YOU really need to take-the-needle-out-of-your-arm and do the simple math rather than pretend this-or-that possibility will occur if a person is too incompetent to know his-or-her limitations when using ANY tools ...

If a person can't handle tools-and-materials, then they can't ...

If either YOU or they don't know anyone who can, then shims ARE the solution.

Alf, you're a worthless lying sack of ****.

"I must be a wicked good craftsman with the tools that I have BECAUSE I have been able to ensure that my threaded BB shells are as specified (e.g., an English Threaded BB shell is 68.00mm ... not 68.05mm ... not 67.95mm ... et cetera)

Now you are claiming you can face MILL a BB to ±.0002"!

YOU could not hit that tolerance with a B&S surface grinder and precision fixturing. You've gone beyond just being retarded to outright lies. You're not just a moron, you're a lying asshole. The guys in the toolroom are going to be laughing their asses off at your sorry, lying ass tomorrow when I show this to the Tool & Die makers.

We figure that much when you started spewing **** that made no sense. Now, you've proven yourself to be an even bigger piece of ****.

"If a person can't handle tools-and-materials, then they can't ..."

We know. You've proven yourself incapable of both...over and over and over and over...

On top of everything, you're a pathetic piece of ****...a liar. And every time I thinks it's impossible for you to appear even more insane, you somehow manage to climb another rung on that ladder.

Now, explain to the forum exactly how you measure your Q-Factor and how you use unfixtured miling tools to achieve tolerances reserved for precision toolroom grinders. And then explain how you measure your results with tools certified to 10% of the machining tolerance.

THIS...should be good! But we know Alf well by now. He will pull the typical internet ********: Admit Nothing. Deny Everything. Make Counter-accusations.

Go for it, Alf. Explain you cold-room precision levels and how you achieve ±.0002" work in non-temperature and humidity controlled environments and how you measure those results. We really want to know you do T&D precision levels of work in your filthy garage on a beat to **** Fuji.

C'mon, Alf. We're waiting to be let in on your world beater secrets. The whopper lies that are surly to follow will be epic!

I think we're forgetting here than this Campag crank in question was designed by Alf's Italian relations...

Gone are the days in the 80's where you rode your Super Record cranks until the end of the crank snapped off at the pedal eyelet, now you rebuild and reshit reshim the bottom bracket every week. Progress!

In other news, Dave Brailsford - the head honcho of Team Sky, was overheard saying "marginal gains: it's not about machining shims to ±.0002 in the back of the team van to keep the cranks quiet and Froomey riding faster. The lad snaps bones that often he can't really afford to hear any other clicking."

My 1980's Super Record snapped tangent to a 1/16" diameter circular groove (maybe .005" deep) left by the ball mill dwelling at the end of the vanity groove cut. Campy also had some spindles snap at the stamped logo and lettering. All were stress risers.

But...Sugino, Sakae Ringyo, Ofmega, Zeus, T.A., shitmaNO...all of them suffered numerous catastrophic failure at the same locations. If there was to be a poster child for failed alloy crank arms it would have to be Stronglight.

2_14g.jpg

A shitmaNO crank after one of Alf's high-precision ±.0002" 'blueprint' jobs.

crank-fail-017.jpg

.0002" deep...or .002" deep...or .020" deep?

CAMPYBOB said:
Alf, you're a worthless lying sack of ****.

"I must be a wicked good craftsman with the tools that I have BECAUSE I have been able to ensure that my threaded BB shells are as specified (e.g., an English Threaded BB shell is 68.00mm ... not 68.05mm ... not 67.95mm ... et cetera)

Now you are claiming you can face MILL a BB to ±.0002"!

YOU could not hit that tolerance with a B&S surface grinder and precision fixturing. You've gone beyond just being retarded to outright lies. You're not just a moron, you're a lying asshole. The guys in the toolroom are going to be laughing their asses off at your sorry, lying ass tomorrow when I show this to the Tool & Die makers.

We figure that much when you started spewing **** that made no sense. Now, you've proven yourself to be an even bigger piece of ****.

"If a person can't handle tools-and-materials, then they can't ..."

We know. You've proven yourself incapable of both...over and over and over and over...

On top of everything, you're a pathetic piece of ****...a liar. And every time I thinks it's impossible for you to appear even more insane, you somehow manage to climb another rung on that ladder.

Now, explain to the forum exactly how you measure your Q-Factor and how you use unfixtured miling tools to achieve tolerances reserved for precision toolroom grinders. And then explain how you measure your results with tools certified to 10% of the machining tolerance.

THIS...should be good! But we know Alf well by now. He will pull the typical internet ********: Admit Nothing. Deny Everything. Make Counter-accusations.

Go for it, Alf. Explain you cold-room precision levels and how you achieve ±.0002" work in non-temperature and humidity controlled environments and how you measure those results. We really want to know you do T&D precision levels of work in your filthy garage on a beat to **** Fuji.

C'mon, Alf. We're waiting to be let in on your world beater secrets. The whopper lies that are surly to follow will be epic!
OY!

No doubt, it is embarrassing to have someone suggest to you that you are probably being used as a useful idiot ...

But, if you want to continue to misconstrue OR (¿apparently? ... hopefully, you aren't actually as dumb as you are currently presenting yourself to be) intentionally misunderstand what I have-been-or-am saying, then there isn't much I can do about it ...

BECAUSE to suggest that I ever said things that I haven't-or-didn't has been ridiculous.

FYI. Let me just explain something to you since your skill level with tools has not apparently been developed to its fullest potential, yet ...

Think about shaping-and-sharpening a knife blade ... that is, fabricating a knife blade from a "blank" piece of stock ...

Get it?

I'm guessing that your mind may still spiraling down into some unknown labyrinth ...

AND/OR, if you really feel that I need to elaborate further then I would suggest that YOU need to go to a junior college and take some shop classes so that even-YOU will be able to use the tools which you have accumulated OR learn which tools you need to use for different tasks ...

Just because the only tool YOU have is a hammer doesn't make every object which you are looking at a nail.

AND SO, you are once-again possibly going to suggest-in-your-mind that I have written something that I haven't ...

BUT, as I have previously suggested, if you can get your head out of your ass for a few minutes, then maybe you will be able to comprehend what I have written.

Quote by Alf:
"that is, fabricating a knife blade from a "blank" piece of stock ...
Get it?"

**** NO, I don't 'get it'. And neither does anyone else, you retarded moron.

WTF does spewing worthless ******** about a knife blade have to do with ADDING CLEARANCE to a noisy assembly that already has too much clearance in it?

As usual, your off topic **** and avoidance of the issue reinforces the often demonstrated fact that you don't have a ****ing clue what you are talking about.

Knives...air gaps...Q-Factors...milk jugs...±.0002" milling tolerances...blueprinting bicycle parts...Hirth Joint tooth form...creaking bolts...removing the bearing retainer wire clip...throwing away the wave washer...you've brought up so damned much insane **** everyone on the forum and in my shop is laughing at you. You're either so ****ing retarded that you actually think you can fly your ******** by people or you're on drugs.

You were repeatedly asked by the OP to stop trolling this thread. Instead, you've proved yourself to be just another internet doofus.