The Infamous Bb86 Ultra Torque Click

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by Alf:
"that is, fabricating a knife blade from a "blank" piece of stock ...
Get it?"

**** NO, I don't 'get it'. And neither does anyone else, you retarded moron.

WTF does spewing worthless ******** about a knife blade have to do with ADDING CLEARANCE to a noisy assembly that already has too much clearance in it?

As usual, your off topic **** and avoidance of the issue reinforces the often demonstrated fact that you don't have a ****ing clue what you are talking about.

Knives...air gaps...Q-Factors...milk jugs...±.0002" milling tolerances...blueprinting bicycle parts...Hirth Joint tooth form...creaking bolts...removing the bearing retainer wire clip...throwing away the wave washer...you've brought up so damned much insane **** everyone on the forum and in my shop is laughing at you. You're either so ****ing retarded that you actually think you can fly your ******** by people or you're on drugs.
LOL?

You really are EITHER dumber than I thought OR less experienced with tools and materials than I thought ...

BECAUSE It doesn't matter whether it is wood, stone, metal, or plastic ...

You don't use the same tool for rough work as finish work.

YOU should keep flailing about & misconstruing what I am writing ...

It is BOTH ridiculous ...

AND (now that I realize you are apparently not as smart as I thought you were) actually amusing.

I guess that we now know that YOU really do need to go to a junior college and take some shop classes so that even-YOU will be able to use the tools which you have accumulated OR to learn which tools you need to use for different tasks ...

Just because the only tool YOU have is a hammer doesn't make every object which you are looking at a nail.

CAMPYBOB said:
You were repeatedly asked by the OP to stop trolling this thread. Instead, you've proved yourself to be just another internet doofus.
HEY, DOOFUS ...

The OP was trolling when he began by dissing (my) "relatives" in Italy ...

AND, your useful idiot remarks are trollings, too!

Quote by ****stick:
"The OP was trolling when he began by dissing (my) "relatives" in Italy ..."

So...both Swami AND the OP were dissing your relatives? Cool! That's a bandwagon I would climb aboard.

I have no idea who you are related to or where the inbred tribe of braindead moron that spawned you come from, but I'm damned certain they know far better than us what a complete and utter dumbass you really are.

mirage.png

Hey ****stick,

Explain to the unwashed masses exactly how throwing away the wave washer (adds clearance), throwing away the bearing retaining clip AND narrowing the BB shell to precisely 86.000000000 MM (adds clearance) fixes the clicking noise which is caused by...too much clearance in the assembly?

Explain how you face mill your 'blueprinted' BB shell to ±.0002 tolerances and which tools, exactly, do you use to achieve those results and how do you measure it?

Explain how riders have not been killed by their 'air gaps' in the Hirth Joint.

Explain how long a milk jug washer can live under a bolt head torqued to 60 Nm.

Explain how the **** you got to be so damned retarded in such a short time on the planet.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by ****stick:

So...both Swami AND the OP were dissing your relatives? Cool! That's a bandwagon I would climb aboard.

I have no idea who you are related to or where the inbred tribe of braindead moron that spawned you come from, but I'm damned certain they know far better than us what a complete and utter dumbass you really are.
LOL

Alf is too stupid to know that he has illustrated to anyone with an IQ above 80, that he is an idiot.

I have met a few Alf's in my life, they normally own ****, like a mid 70's Fuji, live on food stamps and can't hold a job for more than a few days, before becoming unemployed permanently.

Not worthwhile wasting more time on this Troll.

CAMPYBOB said:
mirage.png

Hey ****stick,

Explain to the unwashed masses exactly how throwing away the wave washer (adds clearance), throwing away the bearing retaining clip AND narrowing the BB shell to precisely 86.000000000 MM (adds clearance) fixes the clicking noise which is caused by...too much clearance in the assembly?

Explain how you face mill your 'blueprinted' BB shell to ±.0002 tolerances and which tools, exactly, do you use to achieve those results and how do you measure it?

Explain how riders have not been killed by their 'air gaps' in the Hirth Joint.

Explain how long a milk jug washer can live under a bolt head torqued to 60 Nm.

Explain how the **** you got to be so damned retarded in such a short time on the planet.
Campy Bob, you can't be serious about this? You expect Alf to be able to actually read and understand a drawing????

I mean, he has already shown us that the simplest of technical questions are avoided and referred to as blabber, as he has no clue what we are talking about.

Holding my breath, to see what happens next, but my money is on the fact that he won't answer any practical questions around that drawing. First he is too stupid to understand it and second his ego is way to big to admit he made an ass out of himself.

His classic reply might be that you never understood what he said.

Alf's a liar, as well as moron. ±.0002 on a BB shell! LMFAO! I guess old Alf's got a sweet Okamoto grinder and tooling parked out in his garage. And some awesome mic's and a face mill rig that has been 'blueprinted'!

I actualy expect more of the same from him: Air gap blah blah tools blah blah milk jug blah blah misunderstanding me blah blah showing off with your conspicuous consumption blah blah blah blah ad infinitum.

I must have missed the part where you 'dissed' his Eyetalian relatives...or was he hallucinating again?

CAMPYBOB said:
You were repeatedly asked by the OP to stop trolling this thread. Instead, you've proved yourself to be just another internet doofus.
CAMPYBOB said:
C'mon, Alf. We're waiting to be let in on your world beater secrets. The whopper lies that are surly to follow will be epic!
THE PRECEDING IS A VERY INTERESTING MEDLEY ...

I thought I should remind you of one of the Bi-Polar episodes which you had, yesterday (03 September 2015)!

Stop!

Don't Stop!

What is really rich is that you made up a number (±.0002) and then repeatedly say that I stated it as a reference to something!

Not only are you apparently Bi-Polar, you are also (metaphorically ... but, maybe in real life) hearing voices!

I was right!!!!

There is no way he is going to understand, read, or comment on that drawing. Way above his head!!!!

Please, Alf. Just go on a describe your 'blueprint' procedure to us.

You know...the one that subtracts clearance by adding clearance. Yeah, that one.

STOP-DIGGING-HD-300x207.jpg

Quote by C60:
"I was right!!!!

There is no way he is going to understand, read, or comment on that drawing. Way above his head!!!!"

So...Nostradamus is correct about Nostradumbass?

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Apparently Alf not only doesn't understand Campagnolo UltraTorque cranksets, clearances, tolerances, torque specifications, strength of materials, tribology, metrology and metalworking, he doesn't comprehend gaging, 10% rules, confidence factors in readings, calibration, resolution, repeatability and could over-complicate something as simple as a BB shell, which has traditionally had a width tolerance large enough to practice The Ohio State Marching Band on.

He still can not fathom the idea that Campy came up with the wave washer (as well as several other manufactures) to live in the clearance necessitated by the tolerance differences between the largest and the smallest width shells. Neither will he ever grasp the concept that adding additional clearance to the situation by 'blueprinting' the BB shell with material removal will NOT magically stop the noise from being produced as the crankarms, spindle and bearings walk into the cups.

You're right, indeed, C60! That exploded view literally exploded his mind. It's now beyond all reason for us to expect him to comment on how his addition of clearance and tossing away parts that now provide even more clearance by not being there in the assembly stop the clicking/ticking noise.

Neither will he figure out that you, me, Rogue Mechanic and everyone else on the planet with half a brain and a ticking time bomb Campy crankset has already figured out: Remove the clearance...cure the noise. It's as simple as that. No micrometers, calipers or Q-Factors required.

Of course, you know we are dead men cycling. Riding around on our El Explodo air gap Hirth Joints and no milk jugs under our steel and Ti bolts (Say! Did you know Campy made the L.H. thread Ti bolt FOR A REASON?!?! LMAO!)...it's only a matter of time until one of our cranksets blow up in the middle of a steep climb and takes us down.

If I go first, brother...you can have all my Campy stuff. Bury me in my Campy 50th Anniversario belt buckle and auction my stuff off...donate the proceeds to charity...do ANYTHING but let Alf get his hands on it and 'blueprint' it!

You want a Fat Tire Ale (Great Lakes Brewing Company's finest!) while we wait for Alf to explain his theories for the 27th time?

ColnagoC60 said:
I was right!!!!

There is no way he is going to understand, read, or comment on that drawing. Way above his head!!!!
CAMPYBOB said:
Please, Alf. Just go on a describe your 'blueprint' procedure to us.

You know...the one that subtracts clearance by adding clearance. Yeah, that one.

STOP-DIGGING-HD-300x207.jpg
DUMB AND DUMBER ...

OR, douchebag and doofus ...

Stop responding ...

Respond!

Look, he can't-and/or-isn't responding!

Why isn't he responding?

So, here we have it ...

Two, apparently Bi-Polar idiots who want to believe that you can separate two halves of a joint and not have a gap ...

Who believe that because they have formed a tag-team that their simpleton majority means that they are correct ...

So, THEY keep digging away.

Since you are so stupid, that you can't read a drawing, how much force do you think it will take to separate a joint held together by a bolt torqued at 50Nm? That was a question you could not answer a few posts back, so I don't expect you will be any smarter now.

But let me guarantee you, the bearings and or assembly will tear apart and into pieces before that happens, or the slightest air gap happens.

Want me to calculate that for you in a few seconds?

I guess not, because you are so stupid, you will neither understand it, neither believe the number.

CAMPYBOB said:
My 1980's Super Record snapped tangent to a 1/16" diameter circular groove (maybe .005" deep) left by the ball mill dwelling at the end of the vanity groove cut. Campy also had some spindles snap at the stamped logo and lettering. All were stress risers.

But...Sugino, Sakae Ringyo, Ofmega, Zeus, T.A., shitmaNO...all of them suffered numerous catastrophic failure at the same locations. If there was to be a poster child for failed alloy crank arms it would have to be Stronglight.
When I snapped my left hand record crank my levels of stress were raised to record levels - as they were again when I had to purchase a replacement. How much? That's just for one crank? :p

It wasn't much longer, until I almost removed my nuts on the top tune after a gear slip that I said no to CampagNOlo and went Shimano 600EX SIS because everything just worked better, especially the brakes and gears.

swampy1970 said:
When I snapped my left hand record crank my levels of stress were raised to record levels - as they were again when I had to purchase a replacement. How much? That's just for one crank? :p

It wasn't much longer, until I almost removed my nuts on the top tune after a gear slip that I said no to CampagNOlo and went Shimano 600EX SIS because everything just worked better, especially the brakes and gears.
I use to be a Dura Ace fan, had Record on one bike and thought it was OK, but not as good. About 5,000km on new Super Record now and I am converted. The Campy takes a bit of getting used to, but I think it is a matter of what you use most and how you tweak it.

What I like about the 2015 is easy riding all 11 gears on any chain ring, without having to trim the front and shifting down the whole 11 cassette with two clicks.

Also Campy does not charge you for the click out of the BB, you can count cadence without a computer. :)

Quote by C60:
"What I like about the 2015 is easy riding all 11 gears on any chain ring, without having to trim the front and shifting down the whole 11 cassette with two clicks."

Exactly!

I love grabbing a handful of gears going onto a steep wall after powering onto it a big gear. And going down the other side hammering off the top slamming gears to keep up with the steep drop and the acceleration...Campy perfection for the road racer!

My shitmaNO equipped Emonda shifts lightly and delicately. Perfect for metrosexuals, transgender decathletes and guys that can only handle counting to three.

ColnagoC60 said:
Since you are so stupid, that you can't read a drawing, how much force do you think it will take to separate a joint held together by a bolt torqued at 50Nm? That was a question you could not answer a few posts back, so I don't expect you will be any smarter now.

But let me guarantee you, the bearings and or assembly will tear apart and into pieces before that happens, or the slightest air gap happens.

Want me to calculate that for you in a few seconds?

I guess not, because you are so stupid, you will neither understand it, neither believe the number.
I'm guessing that number is more than it takes to cause the axle to fail somewhere other than the joint.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 7
CAMPYBOB said:
My shitmaNO equipped Emonda shifts lightly and delicately. Perfect for metrosexuals, transgender decathletes and guys that can only handle counting to three.
So that's why you bought the bike instead of owning a ride that's Campag equipped ;)

swampy1970 said:
I'm guessing that number is more than it takes to cause the axle to fail somewhere other than the joint.
That looks like a torsional stress failure. Unless the rider had like 7,000 watts legs :), it probably started with a small crack, then propagated towards a fatal stress failure. Good luck staying on the bike when that happens in a full sprint.

CAMPYBOB said:
Quote by ****stick:

Didn't know he had relatives in Italy - I was just working the fact that one couldn't be so opinionated and dumb without some family lineage behind it...

Quote by C60:
"Since you are so stupid, that you can't read a drawing, how much force do you think it will take to separate a joint held together by a bolt torqued at 50Nm? That was a question you could not answer a few posts back, so I don't expect you will be any smarter now."

I really want to know where Alf is getting this retarded train of thought (an easily derailed train, at that!).

Torquing that bolt up will walk bearing balls up their races, distort the BB shell and even if it doesn't draw the crank arms into the cups causing lockup...it sure as Hell is NOT going to leave the Hirth Joint separated before the other bad **** happens.

But...but...but...Q-Factor! Measure your crank arms!

Poor Alf. So misunderstood.