The infamous Maggie

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:29:43 -0600, Craig Brossman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Colorado Bicycler wrote:
>> I love those gaudy colors and lycra and spandex! And I am 65 yo, and
>> quite heterosexual.
>>
>> But, around here, there are bicyclists everywhere, and most of them are
>> colorfully dressed the same.
>>
>> But, sorry, I don't shave my legs. Therefore, I am not a member of the
>> truly elite.
>>
>> And, are you sure you meant 500-600 miles per year? Not per month? 600
>> miles per year is about 2 miles per day - I WALK 3-5 miles per day.
>>

>My 11 y.o. son told me I look gay in some stupid piece of clothing I was
>wearing. I told him that if after 44 years, 2 kids, 2 marriages and a
>continued healthy interest in women, that I doubted "gay" looking
>clothing was going to change my orientation, and that included spandex
>tights and colorful bike jerseys.

I've got the opposite problem.

My daughter is dating this really nice guy, but his motif is a slightly
portly Boy-George thing, with the white guy in dreadlocks with ribbons
though them and rather effeminite looking shirt, and nose ring and
lipstick.

I call him our gay rodeo clown...<chuckle>, but in a gentle
teasing/humorous way.

It really took me back for a second when he came in to meet me. But
everyone likes him, incl. my wife, and they say he's a sweet kid (he's 16).

Uh, now I'm supposed to um...mentor him. But it's hard keeping a straight
face at first, believe me... I mean I was a hippy in college and a dweeb
and a gym rat, but even 'goth' doesn't adequately prepare you for
boy-george. <g>

jj

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:59:53 GMT, H M Leary <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Pat Lamb <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> RonSonic wrote:
>> > On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:42:01 -0400, "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, you are in the South and not New Jersey.
>> >
>> > South Carolina doesn't have a reputation for beating hell out of anybody who
>> > isn't in the "right" neighborhood.
>> >
>> > Ron

>> Um, yeah, right. You do know the world doesn't fall off south of the
>> Delaware, don't you?
>>
>> Pat

>Unhhh?
>
>IIRC the Delaware flows from North to South, kinda.
>
>Last week it was east and west at 22ft over flood stage.
>
>South of The State of Delaware are Maryland and Virginia. Bicycles are
>not allowed on the Bay Bridge, but there used to be aguy who would
>shuttle you across in his van.
>
>Does anyone know if this is still done?
>
>HAND

They have an extensive website...might be something on there:

www.cbbt.com

Should offer a contact person to email, etc.

To view the info, just click on the plain page and do a ctl-A to highlight
all text.

(The current pagedesign keeps webdesigners from reading the page...but out
of disgust more than anything else)

jj

bbaka wrote:
> Bob,
> On this I am with you. Shaving one's legs or any other part of the
> anatomy is a waste of time and causes more itching than it is worth.
> I know you are going to have fun with this confession but last summer
> when I took a lot of kids on group rides they kept complaining that I
> was too hairy when I took my shirt off on the really hot days. I wanted
> some tan was the main reason, but some of my younger 'fashion police'
> got me to trim my chest hair and even shave a spot down the middle.
> Your turn to laugh here.
> It turned out to be a complete waste of time although they thought I
> looked buff for 56, but I itched for about a month until all the hair
> grew back.
> Moral #1. Don't shave body parts unless there is a really good reason.
> Moral #2. Never listen to kids advising you to do something silly.
> Moral #3. Try not to let your wife she it or she will be ROTFL.
> Bill Baka

I'm with you on it being a waste of time--I'm a dark haired woman and
haven't shaved by legs since I was 18. It started out as a feminist
statement and now it is a part of who I am plus I can't see bothering.
I don't notice the issue around bicyclists, I'm not that serious, but I
do feel a little silly as a swimmer with hairy legs (though I am even
slower as a swimmer).

Pam

Fritz wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:35:00 -0700, "GaryG" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>OK...whatever.
>>
>>But, would you start a new thread in this newsgroup (which is, after all,
>>dedicated to cycling) just to point out the "strange sighting" you had of a
>>guy wearing cycling clothes, and riding a bike in your town?
>>
>>The more I think about it, the more I think Maggie is really just a
>>troll...if she's not, she's terminally clueless, or lacks all ability to
>>communicate effectively.
>>
>>GG
>>

> Yep. She is a Troll. She is the anti-fabrizio troll. Probably the
> same person. At least it is free entertainment.

Hmmm. Maggie rates above me now? I like her posts, so now maybe we have
two anti-fabrizio's.
Bill Baka

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:45:59 -0500, Pat Lamb <[email protected]> wrote:

>RonSonic wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:42:01 -0400, "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Well, you are in the South and not New Jersey.
>>
>> South Carolina doesn't have a reputation for beating hell out of anybody who
>> isn't in the "right" neighborhood.
>>
>> Ron

>Um, yeah, right. You do know the world doesn't fall off south of the
>Delaware, don't you?

Living in Florida, I'm fairly familiar with said fact of geography.

Which doesn't contradict my opinion that much of the North, and New Jersey in
particular are far more dangerous places for those who don't "fit in" to a
particular neighborhood.

Ron

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:44:25 -0700, bbaka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Fritz wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:35:00 -0700, "GaryG" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>OK...whatever.
>>>
>>>But, would you start a new thread in this newsgroup (which is, after all,
>>>dedicated to cycling) just to point out the "strange sighting" you had of a
>>>guy wearing cycling clothes, and riding a bike in your town?
>>>
>>>The more I think about it, the more I think Maggie is really just a
>>>troll...if she's not, she's terminally clueless, or lacks all ability to
>>>communicate effectively.
>>>
>>>GG
>>>

>> Yep. She is a Troll. She is the anti-fabrizio troll. Probably the
>> same person. At least it is free entertainment.

>Hmmm. Maggie rates above me now?

>Bill Baka

Now and before and probably always.

Ron

RonSonic wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:44:25 -0700, bbaka <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Fritz wrote:

>>>Yep. She is a Troll. She is the anti-fabrizio troll. Probably the
>>>same person. At least it is free entertainment.

>>Hmmm. Maggie rates above me now?

>>Bill Baka

> Now and before and probably always.
>
> Ron

I hope that is a good thing for Maggie. As for the opinion of some of
YOU on this group, I could care less, although about 90% fall into my
good people category. Some of YOU don't, Maggie does. If I ever spend
$3,000 on transportation it will be probably a 1960-1964 Ford Falcon
that I can tweak and mod to over 40 MPG. That way when I play cager I
will at least have a fully restored and eco friendly car that gets some
good notices. I may get one up to 50 MPG which will make the current
bragpoint on new cars of 30 MPG look just plain stupid.
Rag on me all you want, I have real friends for face to face
conversations and this is a diversion, and is supposed to be on bikes.
Bill Baka

You're making up **** again Little Bill.

> I have real friends for face to face conversations

Yet more made up ****.

Can you go a week without making stuff up, Little Bill? Have you EVER
gone a week without making stuff up? Or even a day?

Rich

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>SNIP>

> Listen, dear ... I don't know a thing about Essex County. I live in
> Abbeville County, South Carolina. This is where Lake Secession is located
> ... that lake being named for the place where folks assembled and decided
> to break away from the Union. This is the home and birthplace of the
> stars and bars. I ride darned close to 50 miles a day on roads dotted
> with rusted out trailers with tattered confederate flags on poles and pit
> bull terriers straining at their ropes in the front yards. Here, people
> don't care to count much beyond 3 (Dale Ernhart's number) and don't have
> many more teeth. I ride and train on these roads daily.

<SNIP more stuff about the Upstate, and the rest of the country, for that
matter>

> Now, I've dissed all these people amongst whom I ride everyday and I
> shouldn't have because the fact is, I've gotten to know many of them.
> They're wonderful people.

<SNIP>

> And not a single one of them has ever said a thing to me about being
> lycra-clad or having shaved legs.

I know you've probably seen this, Bob, since you're on the same ECCC e-mail
list I am, but here's an interesting article about the state of cyclists vs.
motorists (and unfortunately it is still a "vs." situation) in South
Carolina that's probably pretty much dead-on for a lot of the rest of the
country, too.

http://www.metrobeat.net/gbase/Expedite/Content?oid=oid:3329

mike

The Thornhill Mobile HomePage
http://www.geocities.com/thornhillmobilehome/

Rich wrote:
> bbaka wrote:
>
>> If I ever spend $3,000 on transportation it will be probably a
>> 1960-1964 Ford Falcon that I can tweak and mod to over 40 MPG.

> You're making up **** again Little Bill.

No MORON, I got a 1961 Rambler flathead to over 35 MPG and that was a
brick compared to a Falcon. Too bad your brain is too small to accept facts.

>> I have real friends for face to face conversations

> Yet more made up ****.

I was over at friends houses the last 5 out of 7 days working on
computers and model airplanes (big R/C units) that you don't want to fly
back in your own face, so flight simulator comes in handy. Oh, yeah,
these were make believe friends so that must be a made up B-29 we are
going to work on. With a ten foot wingspan you don't want to get in the
landing path.

> Can you go a week without making stuff up, Little Bill? Have you EVER
> gone a week without making stuff up? Or even a day?

It isn't made up you flaming assed idiot. The tricycle was a troll and
the 200 MPH motorcycle was a best guess but only those who have ridden
and survived know what I meant.

> Rich

You are just a bicycle bigot/sissy afraid of real speed. I live it to
the max, you cut others down for it. I will probably live to **** on
your grave, and boy will I drink a lot of beer in preparation.

Bill Baka

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:30:28 -0700, bbaka <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Can you go a week without making stuff up, Little Bill? Have you EVER
>> gone a week without making stuff up? Or even a day?

>It isn't made up you flaming assed idiot. The tricycle was a troll and
>the 200 MPH motorcycle was a best guess but only those who have ridden
>and survived know what I meant.
>>
>> Rich

>You are just a bicycle bigot/sissy afraid of real speed. I live it to
>the max, you cut others down for it. I will probably live to **** on
>your grave, and boy will I drink a lot of beer in preparation.
>
>Bill Baka

It has nothing to do with speed, it is all about ********. Which, you
little bill, are full of. Your bikes don't have speedometer/odometers,
everything seems to be "a best guess", which is always an exaggerated
load of ****. Wasn't it just today, that you said you took that
airplane off your shopping list, just because the brand you wanted,
wasn't available new. You don't think that sounds like ********? Well
it does.

Once again, it's not about the speed and people who really do live
their lives "to the max", laugh at you. Actually I think we all laugh
at you.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Why do so many threads degenerate into this kind of exchange?

Jeff Starr wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:30:28 -0700, bbaka <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>>Can you go a week without making stuff up, Little Bill? Have you EVER
>>>gone a week without making stuff up? Or even a day?

>>It isn't made up you flaming assed idiot. The tricycle was a troll and
>>the 200 MPH motorcycle was a best guess but only those who have ridden
>>and survived know what I meant.
>>
>>>Rich

>>You are just a bicycle bigot/sissy afraid of real speed. I live it to
>>the max, you cut others down for it. I will probably live to **** on
>>your grave, and boy will I drink a lot of beer in preparation.
>>
>>Bill Baka

> It has nothing to do with speed, it is all about ********. Which, you
> little bill, are full of. Your bikes don't have speedometer/odometers,
> everything seems to be "a best guess", which is always an exaggerated
> load of ****. Wasn't it just today, that you said you took that
> airplane off your shopping list, just because the brand you wanted,
> wasn't available new. You don't think that sounds like ********? Well
> it does.

It isn't ********, I just can't afford to buy one at this point and my
wife hate airplanes.

> Once again, it's not about the speed and people who really do live
> their lives "to the max", laugh at you. Actually I think we all laugh
> at you.

Little minds like you can laugh all you want because I know what I did
and some of the witnesses, where there were any are now no longer
friends. You would flat out mess your lycra if you ever came near to
doing some of the stuff that I did.

> Life is Good!
> Jeff

Poor little protected, delusional boy.
I am going out to make some more memories this summer.
Bill Baka

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
> Why do so many threads degenerate into this kind of exchange?

Because Jeff has made it a career to try to say I haven't experienced
life at full speed and without full on safety precautions? I did it when
I was young, I said the 40MPH on a tricycle was a troll, and the near
200 MPH on a motorcycle was a guess, probably on the high side but
impossible to verify. Ever since that he has been saying that all my
riding, even on a bicycle is a trumped up lie. If he ever went mountain
and trail riding with me he would need to bring a few changes of
drawers, such is my style. At 56 I ride like a 13 year old and have fun,
not just training miles to brag about. I am fit and have a blast riding
in my odd fashion and can't hold a pace line at 25 MPH but "So what?".
I like to ride and screw around and he labels me a nut case. 35 years of
cubicle life and meetings as an electronic engineer make you want to do
stuff after work. Too bad he can't accept that I am me and he is he, I
am over the top and he probably hides under his covers at night.
Bill Baka

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
> And why don't you just ignore him?

I think he is going into a special kill file filter for those to be
never looked on again. I have been trying to post items of help and
sometimes falling into threads that should be killed but I have tried to
keep my obnoxious nature in check. Some people won't let that die so I
use a filter as a last resort. Now I just wish I could filter all the
NASCAR posts out but Thunderbird won't let me unless someone has trick
they want to share.

OT, I am going to try a near century tomorrow, or as near as I can get
in the mountains on unpaved roads. Summer is getting closer so I need to
get into shape again.

Bill Baka

bbaka <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Hmmm. Maggie rates above me now? I like her posts, so now maybe we have
> two anti-fabrizio's.
> Bill Baka

Now that Fabrizio has announced his retirement, that makes it 2-0. We
need somebody to take over Fab's heritage.

Turtle

Ignoring is GOOD!

There is no faster way to get a discussion stopped than by ignoring the
other people.

I always have to keep in mind that the internet are NOT real, they are
pretty much a "play" activity, and can not be taken seriously.

Unless you actually know the other person outside of the discussion
group, you haven't a clue with whom you are discussing things. If the
discussion goes sour, stop responding. It is as easy as that, and a
lot easier on your psyche and anger responses.

Have a great day! Snowing here in Denver - supposed to have a blizzard
just south of us in Colorado Springs and Pueblo.

bbaka wrote:
> OT, I am going to try a near century tomorrow, or as near as I can get
> in the mountains on unpaved roads. Summer is getting closer so I need
> to get into shape again.

Bill, whatever you do DO NOT buy a cheap cyclometer for that purple girls
bike. You'd be absolutely crushed to learn how much your actual mileage
/does/ vary from what you claim (and sadly, may even believe).

"Colorado Bicycler" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Have a great day! Snowing here in Denver - supposed to have a blizzard
>just south of us in Colorado Springs and Pueblo.

My brother and his fiancee live down in Parker. They've kept me
pretty well informed. Nnnnasty stuff!

Hoping you're all okay and haven't put the snowthrowers away yet ;-)