The latest on Ergomo

navi said:
So whats the latest on Ergomo? Any users here still have problems? I've been waiting for the Octalink version to come out but have not heard anything yet. Does anyone know if its available. I have a regular Powertap and I'm thinking of "upgrading" to Ergomo.
i havean octalink and an isis now---work well grrrrreat finish luv that ting:eek: :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)

NGART said:
i havean octalink and an isis now---work well grrrrreat finish luv that ting:eek: :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;)
Just an update. Have throughly enjoyed my new ergomo Pro. To be able to see TSS/IF and norm power right on the screen is really cool. Now that I have taken the plunge, and read all the stuff I could find on training with power, it's so clear how important the software is to these devices. Seeing the info on the screen is definitely important, but to see the downloaded data, that's the key.

ErgoRacer(CyclingPeaks) is clearly the best. I am excited about the new CyclingPeaks Version 2.0 that was just released, and I upgraded immediately. Those guys aren't charging enough for their software, they have really done a great job. Shhh... don't tell them to raise their prices though!

One comment, I really wish the ergomo had a 'flush' mount like the SRM, to hide it better in case of a crash. That would really make it perfect.

Bob

ric_stern/RST said:
(i always thought everyone who rode a bike spun perfect circles, after all your feet are attached to the pedals which rotate at a fixed length around your bottom bracket!)
I'm not so sure it's that simple. Assuming our point of reference is the bike frame:

Since the feet are fixed to a plane (the shoe's sole) which is offset from the centre of the pedal axle (by the cleat/pedal/sole) and the axle itself rotates with a precession as you toe in/heel out throughout the rotation (to varying degrees depending on shoes/cleat design and pedalling style) then wouldn't the "circle" your feet track have wobbles in it?
:confused:
OTOH, if your feet remained perfectly horizontal (or did not change their plane angle relative to the bike) throughout the pedal stroke, then yes they would track perfect circles (but not around the bottom bracket, at points offset from the bottom bracket).

Gawd - who's the pedalling expert here?

And what this has to do with ergomo, whatever!;)