The law is an ass

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, May 31, 2003.

  1. When will this idiot be put behind bars?

    See <http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_786358.html?menu=news.latestheadlines>

    "Death driver 'back behind wheel' after court ban

    Police are investigating claims that a driver is back behind the wheel just days after being banned
    following the death of a young cyclist.

    James Boffey, 18, was speeding through the village of Wool, Dorset, when he ploughed into
    15-year-old Anthony Wakelin last October.

    Despite never passing his test and having a string of driving convictions, Boffey escaped jail.
    Instead he was fined £200 and banned from driving for two years after admitting careless driving at
    Wareham Magistrates' Court on May 12.

    However, The Daily Mail has published photographs of Boffey apparently driving a Volvo car close to
    his Liverpool home.

    The newspaper says the pictures were taken on May 28, just 16 days after the two-year ban
    was imposed.

    Merseyside Police said officers were investigating the claims and hoping to receive a full dossier
    of evidence from the Daily Mail.

    A spokesman for the force said: "We have urged the Daily Mail to present us with whatever evidence
    they have. We will examine this and take whatever action is necessary."

    "Anthony's mother, 36-year-old Sarah Dobbs, called for Boffey to be jailed for defying the
    driving ban.

    She told the Daily Mail: "I feel cheated by the courts. The police did a brilliant job but what was
    the point of that if the magistrates let him get away with a fine?

    "Anthony was so special and nothing can compensate for Boffey taking him away. Perhaps now he has
    defied the ban he'll finally be jailed."

    Story filed: 09:27 Saturday 31st May 2003"

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. John B

    John B Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > When will this idiot be put behind bars?
    >
    > See <http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_786358.html?menu=news.latestheadlines>
    >
    > "Death driver 'back behind wheel' after court ban
    >
    > Police are investigating claims that a driver is back behind the wheel just days after being
    > banned following the death of a young cyclist.

    As soon as they find him I hope.

    This is yet another tragic result of promoting the right to drive at whatever speed is deemed to be
    safe by the driver.

    Pa*l Sm**h take note.

    John B