The law is an ass

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
When will this idiot be put behind bars?

See <http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_786358.html?menu=news.latestheadlines>

"Death driver 'back behind wheel' after court ban

Police are investigating claims that a driver is back behind the wheel just days after being banned
following the death of a young cyclist.

James Boffey, 18, was speeding through the village of Wool, Dorset, when he ploughed into
15-year-old Anthony Wakelin last October.

Despite never passing his test and having a string of driving convictions, Boffey escaped jail.
Instead he was fined £200 and banned from driving for two years after admitting careless driving at
Wareham Magistrates' Court on May 12.

However, The Daily Mail has published photographs of Boffey apparently driving a Volvo car close to
his Liverpool home.

The newspaper says the pictures were taken on May 28, just 16 days after the two-year ban
was imposed.

Merseyside Police said officers were investigating the claims and hoping to receive a full dossier
of evidence from the Daily Mail.

A spokesman for the force said: "We have urged the Daily Mail to present us with whatever evidence
they have. We will examine this and take whatever action is necessary."

"Anthony's mother, 36-year-old Sarah Dobbs, called for Boffey to be jailed for defying the
driving ban.

She told the Daily Mail: "I feel cheated by the courts. The police did a brilliant job but what was
the point of that if the magistrates let him get away with a fine?

"Anthony was so special and nothing can compensate for Boffey taking him away. Perhaps now he has
defied the ban he'll finally be jailed."

Story filed: 09:27 Saturday 31st May 2003"

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> When will this idiot be put behind bars?
>
> See <http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_786358.html?menu=news.latestheadlines>
>
> "Death driver 'back behind wheel' after court ban
>
> Police are investigating claims that a driver is back behind the wheel just days after being
> banned following the death of a young cyclist.

As soon as they find him I hope.

This is yet another tragic result of promoting the right to drive at whatever speed is deemed to be
safe by the driver.

Pa*l Sm**h take note.

John B