The Laws of the Pharmaceutical Industry

Anth wrote:
> When I talk about toxicity I talk about LD50's in general.
Dangerous
> vs not dangerous. Granted there are unpleasant effects but
I hardly
> would rate those as dangerous. Anth

LD50 is not an appropriate measure for two reasons.

1) It refers to acute dosing - not chronic ingestion so it
does not reflect the way vitmains are usually taken.

2) There are other serious toxicities besides death.

Now please answer my question and define "safe".

--
CBI, MD

"wc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You cross posting assholes, ALL of you:
>
> What ever makes you think the Nurses News group would be
> interested in your insanity?
>
> Don't bother answering, most of us have set our filters,
> you bastards.

Your bedside manner is to be commended. Fortunately, the
nurses whom I have had the pleasure of meeting in their
professional capacity, have mature, professional attitudes.

Usenet encourages crossposting. Get with the 90's

"wc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You cross posting assholes, ALL of you:
>
> What ever makes you think the Nurses News group would be
> interested in your insanity?
>
> Don't bother answering, most of us have set our filters,
> you bastards.
>
> Will, CRNA

Intake of vitamins B6 and C and the risk of kidney stones in women
Curhan, G. C., Willett, W. C., Speizer, F. E., Stampfer, M. J.
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:4:840-845, Apr 1999

Abstract

Urinary oxalate is an important determinant of calcium
oxalate kidney stone formation. High doses of vitamin B6 may
decrease oxalate production, whereas vitamin C can be
metabolized to oxalate. This study was conducted to examine
the association between the intakes of vitamins B6 and C and
risk of kidney stone formation in women. The relation
between the intake of vitamins B6 and C and the risk of
symptomatic kidney stones were prospectively studied in a
cohort of 85,557 women with no history of kidney stones.
Semiquantitative food-frequency questionnaires were used to
assess vitamin consumption from both foods and supplements.
A total of 1078 incident cases of kidney stones was
documented during the 14-yr follow-up period. A high intake
of vitamin B6 was inversely associated with risk of stone
formation. After adjusting for other dietary factors, the
relative risk of incident stone formation for women in the
highest category of B6 intake (> or =40 mg/d) compared with
the lowest category (<3 mg/d) was 0.66 (95% confidence
interval, 0.44 to 0.98). In contrast, vitamin C intake was
not associated with risk. The multivariate relative risk for
women in the highest category of vitamin C intake (> or
=1500 mg/d) compared with the lowest category (<250 mg/d)
=was 1.06 (95%
confidence interval, 0.69 to 1.64). Large doses of vitamin
B6 may reduce the risk of kidney stone formation in women.
Routine restriction of vitamin C to prevent stone formation
appears unwarranted.

Anth

news:[email protected]...

Anth wrote:
> Also cigarettes are toxic also - we should regulate them -
NOT!.

No, we should just outlaw them.

(A typical of the scare mongering in this thread and on
government sites about mega dose anti-oxidants) Anth

<Rich.@.> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 07 May 2004 05:00:28 GMT, "CBI"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Anth wrote:
> >> I do see your points and I also see your 'double think'
> >and bias.
> >> Medicines are ok to feed to people, but vitamins are
> >> not -
> >we should
> >> regulate access to them.
> >
> >You really need to drop the paranoid colored lenses when
> >you read.
> >
> >1) I never said that vitamins are not OK to "feed
> > people".
> >
> >2) I never advocated regulating access to them.
> Anth has a very bad habit of *falsely* attributing
> statements to other people. He denies being deceitful and
> yet his posts belie this assertion.

How am I 'deceitful' you tell me?

> I have not seen a *single* poster endorse restricting
> vitamin consumption by Anth. To the contrary, people have
> endorsed Anth's right to take whatever vitamins he wants
> in whatever quantity he chooses.

Diversion noted, Rich tries to cement over the
scaremongering tactics.

> I have seen individuals question the wisdom of taking
> megadose vitamin therapy. I have seen individuals warn
> about dangers of taking megadoses of
certain vitamins.

I've seen people spin about harmless 'toxicity.' and
kidney stones.

> Anth seems to interpret people being critical of taking
> megadoses of vitamins as meaning that they are in favor of
> regulating or controlling
his consumption of them.

Rich if the CODEX happens ****** goes my megadoses.

> I agree that Anth does appear paranoid.

Damn straight I'm paranoid, Is this another attempt at
character assasination?

> Aloha,
>
> Rich

Anth

http://www.doctoryourself.com/hoffer_factoids.html

These factoids are based upon hypotheses. There is no
clinical data to support any of them and almost all studies
show that they are not true or real. They are not supported
by any studies.
- causes kidney stones,
- causes kidney damage,
- causes pernicious anemia,
- decreases fertility in women,
- causes liver damage,
- causes iron overload and toxicity,
- is dangerous for diabetics by interfering with
glucose tests,
- causes cancer,
- inhibits chemotherapy,
- prevents radiation from being effective
- prevented Linus Pauling from living longer
- prevents surgical scars from healing.

(1st) There's no evidence that niacin causes heptoxicity
(2nd) The Niacin Rush isn't a toxic reaction. (3rd) There's
no evidence that ascorbate causes kidney stones. If you
wish to believe the **** posted to scare you then that is
fine. Anth

"Jonathan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
news:[email protected]...

[email protected] (Michele) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Not true. There is information -- both accurate &
> > > ridiculous, with everything in between -- EVERYWHERE.
> >
> > NO, you're wrong. Where is the nutritional information
> > that athlete's foot can be eliminated using proper
> > nutrition?
>
> Athlete's foot is a FUNGUS, Carole. It isn't a result of
> any deficiency, just as ringworm isn't. It isn't
> eliminated by any sort of nutrition, good or bad. It
> thrives in dark, warm, moist areas (whether that's a
> shower stall floor or between your toes). It can be
> eliminated by fungicides or sometimes by simply keeping
> the area dry & exposing it to light -- fresh socks,
> careful drying between the toes after bathing, going
> barefoot when possible & practical.

Ever heard the expression "there is more than one way to
skin a cat"? Yes, athletes foot can be treated and
eventually cured using nutritional methods. And I do know
the conventional treatment so don't waffle on about the
bleeding obvious. Its the unconventional treatment I'm
interested in. If you use the conventional treatment - dry
feet, powder, etc its necessary to keep this up for the rest
of your life whenever you get the condition.

Whereas if you look at athletes foot/tinea as a symptom of
cellular toxemia (yes, I'll use that term because that's
what it amounts to) then it appears as a 'whole of body'
treatment. Because Michele, if the blood isn't right it can
affect any part of the body and lead to more insidious
disease eventually. This is no doubt why people get so sick
because they don't view minor complaints as the symptoms of
a larger problem and attempt to "sweep them under the
carpet" to make them go away.

> > Why is why CODEX alimentus is trying to stop free access
> > to nutritional supplements if everything about them
> > hasn't been discovered? They think it has and its
> > irrelevant.
>
> It doesn't prohibit the use of supplements, Carole. It
> regulates it, & pretty much only the mega doses. It won't
> stop people from taking multiple tabs of a lower dose of a
> vitamin. As far as herbal products, they will still be
> available.

Of course you're right and on face value this might seem
reasonable enough. However, it is this seemingly
reasonableness which gets the foot in the door and the
tougher stuff comes later once everything is locked in.

> Why should products making claims of disease
> prevention &/or cures be exempt from regulation? If
> you claim something is just as effective or superior
> to a pharmaceutical product, you should have no
> problem with the scrutiny & regulation that goes along
> with such claims.

Once again, what you say makes sense. However, there are
sinister motives behind CODEX and you really need to read up
on the plot of create a fascist new world order. Regulation
of every form of human endeavour includes medicine.

> Just like many prescription meds have OTC counterparts
> that are simply a lower dose of the same med, there can be
> two tiers of supplement/alt. products. That is a more
> accurate picture of the CODEX ideas. Of course it doesn't
> create that reactionary alarm like your "trying to stop
> free access to nutritional supplements" nonsense.

Emotive terms like "nonsense" demonstrate your mode of
thinking, that it isn't based on logic but on conditioned
emotional responses to a topic.

Explain, in logical terms, without use of emotive terms, the
benefits of CODEX and why it isn't a plot to restrict free
access to supplements which are already expensive enough.

> > What is your theory on latent acidosis, and what
> > consequences does it have if left unchecked?
>
> The body's PH is consistent, Carole. Urine & saliva PH are
> NOT indicative of the blood PH. "Left unchecked", the PH
> of the body remains the same & the PH of the urine &
> saliva vary without any ill effect. The test results I see
> over & over again with patients -- both healthy & not, in
> a variety of settings -- shows that.

The reason why the pH is consistent is because the acids
which don't get eliminated are deposited around the body in
tissues, arteries and joints. This is called latent
acidosis. This is explained at the following website -

The development of latent "acidosis"
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html

> You don't really know for sure why the pamphlet was
> "recalled" unless the health dept. admits it did so, &
> states why. Just as likely is the scenario that statements
> in the pamphlet were fraudulent & the health food store
> proprietor decided not to put his/her neck on a legal
> chopping block for it. It could also have been a matter of
> customers questioning the material's accuracy & skepticism
> usually isn't good for business.

The shop assistant told me the Blackmores cellsalt pamphlet
was recalled. If I hadn't ever seen that pamphlet I never
would have got into cellsalts. In other words, access to
information is suppressed on a pretext - "public safety",
"public health", "stopping fraud" etc.

> > Like where is your response to the suppression of
> > ESSIAC?
>
> You must have a serious reading comprehension problem. I
> already stated I've read about the efficacy of Essaic -- &
> I don't find much in the way of evidence to show much to
> get excited about in that department.

And why is that? If people get cured from it why don't
doctors prescribe it? Its cheap enough and non-toxic.

> I read about MANY ideas I don't agree with -- sometimes
> there is enough evidence to make me reconsider my previous
> POV, sometimes not. Essaic currently doesn't have much
> indicating it can cure anything.

According to who?

> Nobody's suppressing the research into the product or it's
> availability. You really enjoy "everything's a conspiracy"
> ****, but there's no suppression of info on Essaic, cell
> salts, amalgam removal, vitamins, etc. Disagreement about
> an opinion ISN'T suppression, Carole -- as much as you'd
> like it to mean that, it isn't even close.

Wrong. If a normal GP tries to peddle alternative remedies
he risks ruining his career.

> > > YOU assume that all the material about economics is
> > > written by one source, espousing one idea. Perhaps
> > > reading MANY books & exploring MANY sources would
> > > enlighten you, Carole. We are not "all being ripped
> > > off by taxes" -- many of us understand the ins & outs
> > > of the U.S. tax system & use that knowledge to our
> > > advantage. The divide
> >
> > Yes the rich get looked after by the system. Notice how
> > Bush gave trillion dollar tax cuts to the rich and a
> > pittance to the people who really needed the money.
>
> First of all, as a middle income US citizen, I pay what I
> think is a decent amount of taxes. I take advantage of
> every legal way to cut that amount & wind up doing pretty
> good. George W. is a ****, but no different than many
> boobs before him. "The people who really needed the money"
> are who?? People who have many children? People who don't
> have either the education or the inate skills needed to
> get & keep high paying jobs? Disabled people? Define "who
> really needed the money" before going any further.

There are plenty of victims in society, people who haven't
got enough money to feed or house themselves. How many
unemployed people are there in US? How many homeless? I know
in Australia the unemployment rate is something like 5.5%.
If there is a workforce of $12 million that means 600,000
unemployed. If all those people went and got skilled up
there would still 600,000 unemployed because there aren't
enough job vacancies. And what about the poor starving
people in the world in third world countries? Should they go
and get skills too? The facts are that the divide between
the rich and the poor is growing - with 5% of the world's
population controlling 95% of the world's wealth. There is
something wrong with those figures and its not that people
need more education.

> [Aren't there any injustices where you live? IIRC you're
> half a world away, in a country with its own fair share of
> wrongs to be righted -- surely enough to keep you busy a
> long time, eh?]

IIRC = If I recall correctly

> > > between the rich & the poor has always been there &
> > > will always be there. Your reference to "the economy"
> > > shows you don't understand the
> >
> > Oh, so the poor have always been poor and so they should
> > stay poor and sick. Good one Michele.
>
> You have to accept the fact that you are simply too stupid
> to efectively twist my words, Carole. Find where I said
> people *should* stay poor -- you can't. That would be
> because I didn't say any such thing, nitwit. I said there
> will always be poor people.

Why will there always be poor people Michele?

> You've admitted on many occasions that if a POV is
> conventional, you're not buyin' it -- I guess that saves
> you actually having to *think* about what you believe.

I probably said I'd consider the alternative viewpoint
before the one that gets peddled on the mass media.

> > > Read above & try to comprehend. As someone who
> > > questions the Holocaust happening, you seem to enjoy
> > > believing a particularly disgusting revision of
> > > history.
> >
> > I don't deny the holocaust happened just the meaning
> > behind it. And what about you? Look up how Prescott Bush
> > made his millions, and how a lot of the pharmaceutical
> > cartel is tied up to I.G.Farben who created Zygon B gas
> > which gassed the jews.
>
> And? This PROVES what? That Germans gassed Jews. That
> millionaires have often accumulated their fortunes
> through unethical means? It doesn't mean everything &
> everyone conventional is tainted & part of sinister
> conspiracy. You like to say that if one is _____
> (whatever, fill it in for yourself), then everyone is
> ____. It doesn't mean that at all.

> > > Suuure. Let's ask Lance Armstrong -- a group with IIDM
> > > -- those who've lived 15 years with HIV if they agree.
> > > Of course, they're only around to ask because of
> > > conventional drugs, surgery, & other therapies.......
> >
> > Where did AIDS come from?
>
> Research has several theories of where HIV came from. More
> importantly, focus should be on dealing with it NOW.
> Mutation of viruses is common, & identifying a source of
> the original infection is secondary to stopping it now.

That's the cover story that AIDS came out of the
environment. A history of US secret human experimentation
3-25-3 http://www.rense.com/general36/history.htm

> > > You snipped what I cited as proof -- the marketing of
> > > supplements like Avlimil & other herbals is big money,
> > > Carole. They don't need to be patented -- just
> > > promoted, packaged, & sold. That tired old "they can't
> > > be patented" is such ******** -- few if any of the
> > > supplements at the local health food store are
> > > patented, but they certainly charge through the nose
> > > for 'em. Bet your cell salts ain't free either. Water
> > > isn't patented, but they sell it anyway. Money making
> > > doesn't depend on patents. Sorry you don't seem to get
> > > that.

STUDY: Old cheap drugs more effective than new expensive
drugs "It is unlikely, in my opinion, that the
pharmaceutical industry is going to do these kinds of
studies of head-to-head comparisons on their own." - Dr Paul
Whelton Treating hypertension 'Newshour' interview, with Ray
Suarez December 18, 2002 http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/july-
dec02/hypertension.html

> > People don't have to buy them if they don't improve
> > their health.
>
> Ditto for pharmaceuticals. If conventional meds don't
> work, people won't continue to buy & take them. You've
> glossed over your "because they can't be patented" POV,
> Carole. Not surprising, as I've shown that little litany
> to be false.
>
> > Chemotherapy is good in some cases, but often people die
> > from the effects of it. And Rife apparently worked out
> > how to kill cancer using electro magnetic frequencies
> > but was suppressed, but since you read selectively you
> > wouldn't know about that.
>
> Your lying is getting tiresome, Carole. I'd wager that I
> regularly read a much broader variety of materials on many
> topics from diverse sources than you do. More importantly,
> I make sure that I understand what I've read -- unlike
> yourself, as you've demonstrated more than once when
> you've espoused belief in a topic that you admit you
> "haven't figured out".
>
> "Apparently" finding something out isn't anything
> definite. But don't let little stuff like questionable
> evidence or insufficient scientific data ruin your blind
> belief in what "apparently" was found. Facts have never
> stopped you from wholeheartedly embracing anything you see
> as non-conventional before -- especially if the magic
> words "suppressed", "conspiracy", or "cartel" are used in
> connection with the product or idea.

> > > That isn't an anwer, Carole -- but I didn't expect one
> > > becuase I'm sure you don't know. "Seems to have
> > > disappeared"???? Holy ****, what a concrete guess!!
> >
> > I don't know conclusively about Graves. Just that he
> > claims to have found the origin of the AIDS virus and
> > the patented cure.
>
> When you present something that is supposed to back up
> your POV, it's a good idea to cite something factual,
> Carole. Not examples of something you "don't know
> conclusively about". But that seems to be a pattern with
> you. You parrot whatever some ding-dong claims, without
> even knowing the basic premises for those claims!!!

> > > Saw it -- & saw it had nothing in the way of facts or
> > > evidence to back up his claims.
> >
> > That is right,
>
> And no facts or evidence means what, Carole? Geez, does it
> actually have to be spelled out for you??? It's B-U-L-L-S-H-I-
> T. But you simply shovel it without hesitation. Amazing --
> you could be a study in gullibility all by yourself!
>
> > but did you read the history of experimentation by the
> > US government? Have you read about operation paperclip?
>
> Utilizing the knowledge possessed by Nazi scientists after
> WWII has what to do with Graves' claims of being cured of
> AIDS?? [Nothing, obviously.] There have undoubtedly been
> many instances where the US gov't. decided (right or
> wrong) to sidestep a decision when it was deemed more
> beneficial to do so. Your jump from citing a baseless
> claim of a cure for HIV/AIDS to a decision made 50+ years
> [...]

Calling me an idiot won't prove your point either, Michele.

> It's an objective term, along with "garbage", "nonsense",
> & "drivel". Your ranting about "conspiracies", "cartels",
> & "suppression" (OH MY!) would be emotive. Especially when
> you don't understand what you're trying to talk about, as
> you continue to show.

Ever notice that every theory you disagree with you use
emotive terms as opposed to logic, to dismiss it?

> As usual, you'd be guessing without a clue. And WRT some
> topics, you'd be guessing pretty far off base.

How do you know? For example?

> "I would think" is something I wish you would do on
> occasion, Carole. But clinging to every bird-brained idea
> that hatches from a kook *just because* it wears the label
> of non-conventional is what you serve up here.

What is one "bird brained" idea I have which is wrong?

> <snipped for brevity only>

You wouldn't know the meaning of brevity, only waffle.

> "Thinking about things" is a far cry from the blind belief
> you have in POV's you don't even understand. From what you
> show here, you're obviously thinking about fluffy kittens,
> warm oatmeal & maybe snowflakes -- because you certainly
> don't give a moment's thought to the baseless ideas you
> cite. You admit that you often don't understand what you
> repeat -- which doesn't show much thought there, Carole.

How do you know my ideas are baseless?

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/conspiracy.htm

[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Michele) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

<snip for brevity only>

> Ever heard the expression "there is more than one way to
> skin a cat"? Yes, athletes foot can be treated and
> eventually cured using nutritional methods. And I do know
> the conventional treatment so don't waffle on about the
> bleeding obvious. Its the unconventional treatment I'm
> interested in. If you use the conventional treatment - dry
> feet, powder, etc its necessary to keep this up for the
> rest of your life whenever you get the condition.

And keeping one's feet clean, dry, & shoeless when possible
is some sort of conventional "treatment"??? No, Carole --
it's called "hygiene" & "cleanliness". Hopefully a person
practices keeping their feet clean & dry as a matter of
course. If you don't, that would be a lapse on your part.
Swallowing cell salts is certainly NOT the answer to dirty,
soggy toes & athlete's foot.

You seem to be unable to comprehend the irony of your
repeated protests that treating athlete's foot may be more
than a one shot deal with conventional remedies, & that
basic hygiene must be maintained to prevent its recurrence
-- when you tell the NG that you're always taking cell
salts. If cell salts *cured* something once & for all, you'd
need not take 'em again -- but you do! As you've posted:
*********************
Message 37 in thread From: Carole Hubbard
([email protected]) Subject: Re: Closed medical mind?

View this article only Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative,
sci.med Date: 2001-01-04 07:23:56 PST

Beachhouse <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Carole Hubbard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > How come I'm at this very moment successfully treating
> > tinea with calcium supplements? Does medical science
> > know about this cure?
>
> (a) how do you know it's tinea?
> (b) how long have you been "treating" it for?
> (c) what exactly are you treating?

(a) I've had it on and off most of my life, so has my
brother. I've looked the description up on Encarta and
it matches the symptoms.
(b) I have only just discovered this treatment in the past
couple of months. It took me 24+ years on cell salts to
actually work it out. It wasn't a big problem but
annoying, irritating and persistant.
(c) Cracked skin between toes, itchiness, little red pimples
that break open and have water inside them, peeling
skin. Soon as I get an itch I take 1000mg elemental
calcium carbonate and magnesium. I take 2000-4000mg a
day of calcium. If I stop, which I did on xmas day, the
symptoms all return.
********************
I hope you're not too thick to see that your treasured ideas
of treatment are just as ongoing as those you lament as
being ongoing? [BTW, I'm sure your cell salts are more
costly than simply washing your feet & keeping them dry.]

> Whereas if you look at athletes foot/tinea as a symptom of
> cellular toxemia (yes, I'll use that term because that's
> what it amounts to) then it appears as a 'whole of body'
> treatment. Because Michele, if the blood isn't right it
> can affect any part of the body and lead to more insidious
> disease eventually. This is no doubt why people get so
> sick because they don't view minor complaints as the
> symptoms of a larger problem and attempt to "sweep them
> under the carpet" to make them go away.

A fungus is an organism, a parasite. Whether athlete's foot,
jock itch, or ringworm -- it's independent of any "cellular
toxemia", occurring only where it can live. Warm, moist,
dark places (feet, crotch, skin folds) are ideal. It can be
spread from one person to another -- no "cellular toxemia"
there, Carole.

<snip for brevity only>

> > It doesn't prohibit the use of supplements, Carole. It
> > regulates it, & pretty much only the mega doses. It
> > won't stop people from taking multiple tabs of a lower
> > dose of a vitamin. As far as herbal products, they will
> > still be available.
>
> Of course you're right and on face value this might seem
> reasonable enough. However, it is this seemingly
> reasonableness which gets the foot in the door and the
> tougher stuff comes later once everything is locked in.

Common sense & reason is some sort of *slippery slope* to
you?? Keeping herbal products & supplements available in
GRAS doses is getting "the foot in the door"?? The door to
what -- letting consumers continue to purchase the products
they want?? It's not a matter of "face value", Carole --
it's the whole thing. Mega doses of vitamins could still be
taken, just as many OTC pharm. products are taken in
prescription doses by consumers. Ibuprofen & Zantac are just
2 examples of meds available in lower strength OTC that
users can take in prescription doses just by popping a
tablet or two more. There is no "tougher stuff" coming
later. C'est tout.

> > Why should products making claims of disease prevention
> > &/or cures be exempt from regulation? If you claim
> > something is just as effective or superior to a
> > pharmaceutical product, you should have no problem with
> > the scrutiny & regulation that goes along with such
> > claims.
>
> Once again, what you say makes sense. However, there are
> sinister motives behind CODEX and you really need to read
> up on the plot of create a fascist new world order.
> Regulation of every form of human endeavour includes
> medicine.

There you go again, Carole -- attributing sinister motives
to something that even you admit "makes sense". The words
"reasonable" & "sensible" don't go hand in hand with
sinister plots, diabolical motives, & evil conspiracies. Not
all regulations are tools for mind control devised by some
mysterious oligarchy. The world will never be organized
enough to be *controlled* by any economic, political, or
religious group. But laws & regulations, whether to prevent
motorists from driving on the sidewalks or packaging pharm.
& alt. products in GRAS doses for OTC use are generally
recognized as a good idea. They prevent the bodies from
piling up on the sidewalks & establish guidelines WRT OTC
products. They don't prevent stupid behavior, whether
strolling out into traffic or tossing back toxic doses of
Tylenol or Vitamin B6. It just makes it the choice of the
individual to do something harmful. If anything, it would
make it harder to yank a product off the market, a la
ephedra. Truthful labeling, packaging doses GRAS (leaving it
up to the consumer if they still want to take potentially
toxic doses), & quality control about the actual contents of
the product are as reasonable & sensible as mandating that a
bottle of Tylenol contain Tylenol instead of sawdust. It
isn't a fascist plot, there is no new world order.

> > Just like many prescription meds have OTC counterparts
> > that are simply a lower dose of the same med, there can
> > be two tiers of supplement/alt. products. That is a more
> > accurate picture of the CODEX ideas. Of course it
> > doesn't create that reactionary alarm like your "trying
> > to stop free access to nutritional supplements"
> > nonsense.
>
> Emotive terms like "nonsense" demonstrate your mode of
> thinking, that it isn't based on logic but on conditioned
> emotional responses to a topic.
>
> Explain, in logical terms, without use of emotive terms,
> the benefits of CODEX and why it isn't a plot to
> restrict free access to supplements which are already
> expensive enough.

I've explained it several times, Carole. Your determination
to declare it a plot, suppression, & other rather loaded
terms doesn't change a sensible, reasonable, logical idea
into the sinister plan you're trying to spin. You've even
admitted my explanations are "quite right", "reasonable",
etc. Either you really can't understand what's been said or
you would simply rather deny reality.

> > > What is your theory on latent acidosis, and what
> > > consequences does it have if left unchecked?
> >
> > The body's PH is consistent, Carole. Urine & saliva PH
> > are NOT indicative of the blood PH. "Left unchecked",
> > the PH of the body remains the same & the PH of the
> > urine & saliva vary without any ill effect. The test
> > results I see over & over again with patients -- both
> > healthy & not, in a variety of settings -- shows that.
>
> The reason why the pH is consistent is because the acids
> which don't get eliminated are deposited around the body
> in tissues, arteries and joints. This is called latent
> acidosis. This is explained at the following website -
>
> The development of latent "acidosis"
> http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html

Once again: The body's PH is consistent, Carole. Urine &
saliva PH are NOT indicative of the blood PH. "Left
unchecked", the PH of the body remains the same & the PH of
the urine & saliva vary without any ill effect. The test
results I see over & over again with patients -- both
healthy & not, in a variety of settings -- shows that.

> > You don't really know for sure why the pamphlet was
> > "recalled" unless the health dept. admits it did so, &
> > states why. Just as likely is the scenario that
> > statements in the pamphlet were fraudulent & the health
> > food store proprietor decided not to put his/her neck on
> > a legal chopping block for it. It could also have been a
> > matter of customers questioning the material's accuracy
> > & skepticism usually isn't good for business.
>
> The shop assistant told me the Blackmores cellsalt
> pamphlet was recalled.

Once again: You don't really know for sure why the pamphlet
was "recalled" unless the health dept. admits it did so, &
states why.

The shop assistant isn't the be-all-end-all authority WRT
why a pamphlet wasn't at the health food store anymore.
*Unless the health dept. stated it did so & why -- or there
is credible evidence that they did -- you don't know why.*

Just as likely is the scenario that statements in the
pamphlet were fraudulent & the health food store proprietor
decided not to put his/her neck on a legal chopping block
for it. It could also have been a matter of customers
questioning the material's accuracy & skepticism usually
isn't good for business.

If I hadn't ever seen that pamphlet I never would have got
> into cellsalts. In other words, access to information is
> suppressed on a pretext - "public safety", "public
> health", "stopping fraud" etc.

YET AGAIN: You don't know why the pamphlet is no longer
there. You are chomping at the bit to attribute it to
*something* sinister, but you don't have one iota of
evidence about it. The fact that the pamphlet was publicly
displayed disproves your "suppression" theory. Space isn't
unlimited on the health food shelf ya know....

> > > Like where is your response to the suppression of
> > > ESSIAC?
> >
> > You must have a serious reading comprehension problem. I
> > already stated I've read about the efficacy of Essaic --
> > & I don't find much in the way of evidence to show much
> > to get excited about in that department.
>
> And why is that? If people get cured from it why don't
> doctors prescribe it? Its cheap enough and non-toxic.

"Cheap enough & non-toxic" describes water, bananas, & other
items that ALSO don't cure cancer. The efficacy of Essaic in
treating cancer is no better than water. People *don't* "get
cured" of cancer by using it. [Cancer isn't ONE disease,
either.] I don't see much evidence to utilize it.

> > I read about MANY ideas I don't agree with -- sometimes
> > there is enough evidence to make me reconsider my
> > previous POV, sometimes not. Essaic currently doesn't
> > have much indicating it can cure anything.
>
> According to who?

According to people who are doggedly pursuing cancer
treatments. Even those touting it as a cure don't offer much
sound research or evidence that I would take as
scientifically credible.

> > Nobody's suppressing the research into the product or
> > it's availability. You really enjoy "everything's a
> > conspiracy" ****, but there's no suppression of info on
> > Essaic, cell salts, amalgam removal, vitamins, etc.
> > Disagreement about an opinion ISN'T suppression, Carole
> > -- as much as you'd like it to mean that, it isn't even
> > close.
>
> Wrong. If a normal GP tries to peddle alternative remedies
> he risks ruining his career.

That has nothing to do with regulation, Carole. If an MD
peddling (interesting verbage there <G>) alt. remedies
"ruins" his career, that would be because potential patients
viewed him as a quack, not because he was stopped from
"peddling" those wares. Surely, you don't think it should be
mandatory for *any* doc to be ENDORSED by a regulatory
body???? Besides, Hulda Clark's been hawking her brand of
incompetence for years & she hasn't been stopped, at least
in certain developing nations. She proves that anybody can
sell anything.....

> > > Yes the rich get looked after by the system. Notice
> > > how Bush gave trillion dollar tax cuts to the rich and
> > > a pittance to the people who really needed the money.
> >
> > First of all, as a middle income US citizen, I pay what
> > I think is a decent amount of taxes. I take advantage of
> > every legal way to cut that amount & wind up doing
> > pretty good. George W. is a ****, but no different than
> > many boobs before him. "The people who really needed the
> > money" are who?? People who have many children? People
> > who don't have either the education or the inate skills
> > needed to get & keep high paying jobs? Disabled people?
> > Define "who really needed the money" before going any
> > further.
>
> There are plenty of victims in society, people who haven't
> got enough money to feed or house themselves. How many
> unemployed people are there in US? How many homeless?

And your proposal to house the homeless? Remember you first
have to solve the problems that led to the situation. For
some, domestic abuse that drove them unprepared out into the
street. For others, mental illness that causes them to lose
touch with reality & leave the families & homes they have.
In other situations, drug &/or alcohol problems that make it
impossible for the person to hold a job, maintain a safe
home environment, or cooperate with others enough to stay
anywhere but jail or the street. That doesn't even take into
consideration all the people who are homeless because they
don't have the education necessary to get a job earning
enough to support themselves, or to manage the money they
make if they do earn enough. C'mon, Carole -- cough up
solutions.

> I know in Australia the unemployment rate is something
> like 5.5%. If there is a workforce of $12 million that
> means 600,000 unemployed. If all those people went and got
> skilled up there would still 600,000 unemployed because
> there aren't enough job vacancies.

Many jobs go unfilled here in the U.S. There are quite a few
illegal aliens who take considerable risks to get here & it
ain't to see the Liberty Bell. It's to work just some of
those jobs.

> And what about the poor starving people in the world in
> third world countries? Should they go and get skills too?
> The facts are that the divide between the rich and the
> poor is growing - with 5% of the world's population
> controlling 95% of the world's wealth. There is something
> wrong with those figures and its not that people need more
> education.

It's EXACTLY that education is the only real answer!
Education about birth control -- agriculture -- health care
-- economics -- job skills that are relevant in the local (&
global) market -- politics -- the list goes on & on.
Ignorance is the most damaging thing to poor, unempowered
people! People without relevant skills, something to offer
the world are doomed to stay poor & suffer. A sad fact of
life. It's always been that way -- & always will be.

Your speech doesn't answer my question: "The people who
really needed the money" are who?? People who have many
children? People who don't have either the education or the
inate skills needed to get & keep high paying jobs? Disabled
people? Define "who really needed the money" before going
any further.

Everybody who is unemployed? That could be for many reasons.
People who don't make enough money despite being employed?
Maybe they had too many kids & can't make enough to live
comfortably. Maybe they didn't get the education they needed
to get a job making enough money. Maybe they want to live in
an area where the cost of living is high, instead of one
where they could more easily afford the costs of housing,
food, etc. People with other problems that prevent them from
obtaining & keeping good paying jobs? Alcohol, drugs,
disabilities can all limit the ability to make enough money
to live on. Are you claiming that every job is filled in
either Australia or the U.S.?? Or are you actually aware
that many jobs are available -- but that they go unfilled
for MANY reasons?

Some of my patients are jobless, on Medicaid, even though
they *could* work in many cases. They receive many benefits
I couldn't qualify for if I wanted to (too high an income).
They often drive up in decent vehicles, talking on cell
phones, wearing designer outfits, etc. Most often, these are
the folks whose families supplement the money they get from
me & millions of other taxpayers. I don't begrudge them
managing to grab a piece of the pie -- I also don't pity
them for the stuff they don't have. Just as I don't expect
pity from wealthy people because I'm not filthy rich.

Life isn't fair, Carole. The distribution of brains, talent,
& yes LUCK ain't fair. Should people be restricted on how
much they can achieve? How much their ambition & hard work
should get them? Told they must all live in the areas where
they can be comfortable, & how many kids they can have? I
don't think so. Sharing what one has is commendable -- I do
it, as do many, many people. [I'm not just talking taxes,
but giving time &/or money to help others just *because*.]
But the first person who forces me to limit my work, tells
me I'm not supposed to aim higher to raise my standard of
living, or mandates that I can't enjoy what I've worked for
because there are people less fortunate than I am will get
my heartiest "screw you". Just as there are people more
financially well off than me & that's okay.

> > [Aren't there any injustices where you live? IIRC you're
> > half a world away, in a country with its own fair share
> > of wrongs to be righted -- surely enough to keep you
> > busy a long time, eh?]
>
> IIRC = If I recall correctly

> > > Oh, so the poor have always been poor and so they
> > > should stay poor and sick. Good one Michele.
> >
> > You have to accept the fact that you are simply too
> > stupid to efectively twist my words, Carole. Find where
> > I said people *should* stay poor -- you can't. That
> > would be because I didn't say any such thing, nitwit. I
> > said there will always be poor people.
>
> Why will there always be poor people Michele?

For all the reason I've already listed. Apparently, Jesus
agreed. As I remember, He said the same thing when the
apostle criticized Mary for anointing His feet with costly
oil instead of giving the money to the poor. Maybe you
should ask Him?

> > You've admitted on many occasions that if a POV is
> > conventional, you're not buyin' it -- I guess that saves
> > you actually having to *think* about what you believe.
>
> I probably said I'd consider the alternative viewpoint
> before the one that gets peddled on the mass media.

No,

> > > I don't deny the holocaust happened just the meaning
> > > behind it. And what about you? Look up how Prescott
> > > Bush made his millions, and how a lot of the
> > > pharmaceutical cartel is tied up to I.G.Farben who
> > > created Zygon B gas which gassed the jews.
> >
> > And? This PROVES what? That Germans gassed Jews. That
> > millionaires have often accumulated their fortunes
> > through unethical means? It doesn't mean everything &
> > everyone conventional is tainted & part of sinister
> > conspiracy. You like to say that if one is _____
> > (whatever, fill it in for yourself), then everyone is
> > ____. It doesn't mean that at all.

> > > Where did AIDS come from?
> >
> > Research has several theories of where HIV came from.
> > More importantly, focus should be on dealing with it
> > NOW. Mutation of viruses is common, & identifying a
> > source of the original infection is secondary to
> > stopping it now.
>
> That's the cover story that AIDS came out of the
> environment. A history of US secret human experimentation
> 3-25-3 http://www.rense.com/general36/history.htm

Do you EVER get out of your "conspiracy -- cover up --
sinister plot" mode??? Read some real history about the
disease -- stuff written as it was unfolding. Back in
1978/79, several gay friends began discussing "gay cancer" &
when I asked them what the hell they were talking about,
they shared the available information which was scant at the
time. [One of them, now deceased from AIDS, told me
something I'll NEVER forget -- "As long as it's just us fags
dying, the public doesn't really have a problem with it. But
it's probably not just a gay disease & once your average
heteros start getting it, people will come up with all sorts
of asinine explanations of how it started & how it spread --
all sorts of lies to avoid admitting they might be in the

"deserving" of whatever this thing is." People like you
prove he was sooooo right. (RIP Mike)] Within a few years,
research in both the U.S. & France raced to figure out the
basics -- it was a blood borne retrovirus. Too many people
have made too many advances in the field to believe the
sinister plot scenarios.

> STUDY: Old cheap drugs more effective than new expensive
> drugs "It is unlikely, in my opinion, that the
> pharmaceutical industry is going to do these kinds of
> studies of head-to-head comparisons on their own." - Dr
> Paul Whelton Treating hypertension 'Newshour' interview,
> with Ray Suarez December 18, 2002 http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/july-
> dec02/hypertension.html

Physicians routinely prescribe less expensive drugs -- even
if only in response to patients whose insurance makes them
pay a larger amount for both name brand & "unapproved" meds.
Docs also recommend OTC meds (although prescriptions may
cost the patient less since insurance usually doesn't cover
the OTC products). Older drugs are often less expensive
because the R&D has been paid for already. In any case, this
isn't "suppressed" information is it? It's been on TV, in
print, discussed openly on the internet -- no cover up, no
conspiracy to keep the masses uninformed. It disproves your
POV, Carole.

> > > People don't have to buy them if they don't improve
> > > their health.
> >
> > Ditto for pharmaceuticals. If conventional meds don't
> > work, people won't continue to buy & take them. You've
> > glossed over your "because they can't be patented" POV,
> > Carole. Not surprising, as I've shown that little litany
> > to be false.
> >
> > > Chemotherapy is good in some cases, but often people
> > > die from the effects of it. And Rife apparently worked
> > > out how to kill cancer using electro magnetic
> > > frequencies but was suppressed, but since you read
> > > selectively you wouldn't know about that.
> >
> > Your lying is getting tiresome, Carole. I'd wager that I
> > regularly read a much broader variety of materials on
> > many topics from diverse sources than you do. More
> > importantly, I make sure that I understand what I've
> > read -- unlike yourself, as you've demonstrated more
> > than once when you've espoused belief in a topic that
> > you admit you "haven't figured out".
> >
> > "Apparently" finding something out isn't anything
> > definite. But don't let little stuff like questionable
> > evidence or insufficient scientific data ruin your blind
> > belief in what "apparently" was found. Facts have never
> > stopped you from wholeheartedly embracing anything you
> > see as non-conventional before -- especially if the
> > magic words "suppressed", "conspiracy", or "cartel" are
> > used in connection with the product or idea.

> > > I don't know conclusively about Graves. Just that he
> > > claims to have found the origin of the AIDS virus and
> > > the patented cure.
> >
> > When you present something that is supposed to back up
> > your POV, it's a good idea to cite something factual,
> > Carole. Not examples of something you "don't know
> > conclusively about". But that seems to be a pattern with
> > you. You parrot whatever some ding-dong claims, without
> > even knowing the basic premises for those claims!!!

> > > That is right,
> >
> > And no facts or evidence means what, Carole? Geez, does
> > it actually have to be spelled out for you??? It's B-U-L-L-S-H-I-
> > T. But you simply shovel it without hesitation. Amazing
> > -- you could be a study in gullibility all by yourself!
> >
> > >but did you read the history of experimentation by the
> > >US government? Have you read about operation paperclip?
> >
> > Utilizing the knowledge possessed by Nazi scientists
> > after WWII has what to do with Graves' claims of being
> > cured of AIDS?? [Nothing, obviously.] There have
> > undoubtedly been many instances where the US gov't.
> > decided (right or wrong) to sidestep a decision when it
> > was deemed more beneficial to do so. Your jump from
> > citing a baseless claim of a cure for HIV/AIDS to a
> > decision made 50+ years ago to dance an intellectual
> > tango with ******'s eggheads doesn't bolster your POV,
> > Carole.
>
> Calling me an idiot won't prove your point either,
> Michele.

Typical that you (as usual) gloss over (What I actually
said, without "idiot" being mentioned, but if the shoe
fits....):

> > When you present something that is supposed to back up
> > your POV, it's a good idea to cite something factual,
> > Carole. Not examples of something you "don't know
> > conclusively about". But that seems to be a pattern with
> > you. You parrot whatever some ding-dong claims, without
> > even knowing the basic premises for those claims!!!

> > And no facts or evidence means what, Carole? Geez, does
> > it actually have to be spelled out for you??? It's B-U-L-L-S-H-I-
> > T. But you simply shovel it without hesitation. Amazing
> > -- you could be a study in gullibility all by yourself!

> > Utilizing the knowledge possessed by Nazi scientists
> > after WWII has what to do with Graves' claims of being
> > cured of AIDS?? [Nothing, obviously.] There have
> > undoubtedly been many instances where the US gov't.
> > decided (right or wrong) to sidestep a decision when it
> > was deemed more beneficial to do so. Your jump from
> > citing a baseless claim of a cure for HIV/AIDS to a
> > decision made 50+ years ago to dance an intellectual
> > tango with ******'s eggheads doesn't bolster your POV,
> > Carole.

Hmm, read a bit better.

<snip for brevity only>

> Ever notice that every theory you disagree with you use
> emotive terms as opposed to logic, to dismiss it?

After explaining what even you admit is reasonable &
sensible only to hear your litany about suppression,
conspiracies, etc. etc. that you admit you "haven't figured
out yet", I can only come to the conclusion that you are: a)
dense b) on hallucinogenics or c) suffering from OCD. As
your POV is blatantly illogical, I've hoped bluntness would
penetrate your world of paranoia. Does anything??

> > As usual, you'd be guessing without a clue. And WRT some
> > topics, you'd be guessing pretty far off base.
>
> How do you know? For example?

You've already stated that I only read conventional material
to gather information. You have posted many times that I
only give credence to mainstream medical theories. You claim
that you know what my beliefs about many topics are -- & you
don't. You carefully avoided answering when I proposed that
you *prove* your untruths by posting my beliefs/POV about
subjects like abortion, VTP, etc. It proved you are guessing
without a clue.

> > "I would think" is something I wish you would do on
> > occasion, Carole. But clinging to every bird-brained
> > idea that hatches from a kook *just because* it wears
> > the label of non-conventional is what you serve up here.
>
> What is one "bird brained" idea I have which is wrong?

Christ, learn to read, Carole. Cell salts, conspiracy
theories, plots to suppress information. Just naming a
couple.....

> You wouldn't know the meaning of brevity, only waffle.

It's YOU who waffles, Carole. You contradict yourself every
other stinkin' sentence. You admit you haven't "worked
things out" on more than one topic you make definitive
statements about. You believe anything that doesn't fit into
the category conventional -- no matter how much evidence
there is to disprove it. You are every charlatan's wet
dream. If someone ever wants to *peddle* some malarkey, they
know to e-mail you.

> > "Thinking about things" is a far cry from the blind
> > belief you have in POV's you don't even understand. From
> > what you show here, you're obviously thinking about
> > fluffy kittens, warm oatmeal & maybe snowflakes --
> > because you certainly don't give a moment's thought to
> > the baseless ideas you cite. You admit that you often
> > don't understand what you repeat -- which doesn't show
> > much thought there, Carole.
>
> How do you know my ideas are baseless?

I've already told you more than once. Even you know they
are, Carole. It just kills you to admit it.

[email protected] (Michele) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Carole) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Michele) wrote in message news-
> > :<[email protected]>...
>
> <snip for brevity only>
>
> > Ever heard the expression "there is more than one way to
> > skin a cat"? Yes, athletes foot can be treated and
> > eventually cured using nutritional methods. And I do
> > know the conventional treatment so don't waffle on about
> > the bleeding obvious. Its the unconventional treatment
> > I'm interested in. If you use the conventional treatment
> > - dry feet, powder, etc its necessary to keep this up
> > for the rest of your life whenever you get the
> > condition.
>
> And keeping one's feet clean, dry, & shoeless when
> possible is some sort of conventional "treatment"??? No,
> Carole -- it's called "hygiene" & "cleanliness". Hopefully
> a person practices keeping their feet clean & dry as a
> matter of course. If you don't, that would be a lapse on
> your part. Swallowing cell salts is certainly NOT the
> answer to dirty, soggy toes & athlete's foot.

Hygiene and cleanliness doesn't always work when treating
athlete's foot (tinea) although it can help. Some people can
make a religion of keeping their feet clean and dry yet they
still have athletes foot. Athletes foot is a fungal disease
on the feet or can be contracted on other parts of the body
under certain conditions. What happens if a person has a
fungal disease inside their mouth? The "clean and dry"
strategy obviously doesn't work then, does it?

So what I am saying is that nutritional remedies work better
and more holistically, although I'm not saying that good
hygiene doesn't serve a purpose, which it probably does,
sometimes, under the right conditions.

See Michele, your method is cleanliness, hygiene and when
that fails, pharmaceutical drugs.

Mind is cellsalts i.e., calcium, magnesium, sodium,
potassium, iron and silica i.e.,

SYMPTOMS ARE NATURE'S WARNING SIGNS "Every disease which
afflicts the human race is due to lack of one or more of
these inorganic workers [MINERAL CELL SALTS]. "Should a
deficiency occur in one or more of these [MINERAL CELL
SALTS], of whom there are twelve, some abnormal condition
arises. "These abnormal conditions are known by the general
term disease and according as they manifest themselves in
different part of the body, they have been designated by
various names. But these names totally fail to express the
real trouble. "Every pain or unpleasant sensation indicates
a lack of some inorganic constituent of the body. Health and
strength can be maintained only so long as the system is
properly supplied with these cell salts. " -- The Biochemic
Handbook by JB Chapman & Edward L Perry.

> You seem to be unable to comprehend the irony of your
> repeated protests that treating athlete's foot may be
> more than a one shot deal with conventional remedies, &
> that basic hygiene must be maintained to prevent its
> recurrence -- when you tell the NG that you're always
> taking cell salts. If cell salts *cured* something once &
> for all, you'd need not take 'em again -- but you do! As
> you've posted:

Yes, ok you've got me there. But what I'm saying is that a
person should have a wholistic approach to health and treat
the whole body which cellsalts do. Athletes foot is a
symptom of the blood being out of order or toxic. Taking the
right cellsalts (calcium and sodium to regulate acidity)
eliminates it. But it does come back although each time with
less severity. The wholistic method is a system whereby good
health pushes out bad.

I know what I've said in the past. Do you want me to answer
any particular thing I've said or what?

You have to remember Michele I don't take any pharmaceutical
products at all except for the occasional panadeine for the
odd hangover.

And another point is most chronic ill health (according to
Dorothy Hall naturapath) and many other nature cure people,
arises from a toxic bowel. Cellsalts treat this problem
too, which means that not only am I taking them to
eliminate athletes foot (tinea), but they are also treating
the whole of my body. Quite often after taking a dose of
cellsalts to get rid of athletes foot I get diarrhoea. So
therefore using cellsalts eliminates toxemia from the whole
body, not just the feet.

Whereas if I allowed the athletes foot to go untreated with
cellsalts, there is no reason to believe it wouldn't get
progressively get worse, leading to more and more insidious
toxemia manifestations which is really what ill health is
all about i.e., a build up of toxemia in the body, and a
lack of proper elimination because of too much acidity, lack
of enough alkalizing minerals including calcium or other
factors including stress and whatever.

Sure a fungus is a parasite but germs and parasites are
nature's undertakers and only thrive in dead or decaying
matter. Once the toxemia is corrected they disappear and I
know this from experience.

I'm going to split this post up and deal with issues
separately, because its getting too long.

> *********************
> Message 37 in thread From: Carole Hubbard
> ([email protected]) Subject: Re: Closed medical mind?
>

> View this article only Newsgroups:
> misc.health.alternative, sci.med Date: 2001-01-04
> 07:23:56 PST
>

> Beachhouse <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Carole Hubbard" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > How come I'm at this very moment successfully treating
> > > tinea with calcium supplements? Does medical science
> > > know about this cure?
> >
> > (a) how do you know it's tinea?
> > (b) how long have you been "treating" it for?
> > (c) what exactly are you treating?
> >

> (a) I've had it on and off most of my life, so has my
> brother. I've looked the description up on Encarta and
> it matches the symptoms.
> (b) I have only just discovered this treatment in the past
> couple of months. It took me 24+ years on cell salts
> to actually work it out. It wasn't a big problem but
> annoying, irritating and persistant.
> (c) Cracked skin between toes, itchiness, little red
> pimples that break open and have water inside them,
> peeling skin. Soon as I get an itch I take 1000mg
> elemental calcium carbonate and magnesium. I take 2000-
> 4000mg a day of calcium. If I stop, which I did on
> xmas day, the symptoms all return.
> ********************
> I hope you're not too thick to see that your treasured
> ideas of treatment are just as ongoing as those you lament
> as being ongoing? [BTW, I'm sure your cell salts are more
> costly than simply washing your feet & keeping them dry.]
>
> > Whereas if you look at athletes foot/tinea as a symptom
> > of cellular toxemia (yes, I'll use that term because
> > that's what it amounts to) then it appears as a 'whole
> > of body' treatment. Because Michele, if the blood isn't
> > right it can affect any part of the body and lead to
> > more insidious disease eventually. This is no doubt why
> > people get so sick because they don't view minor
> > complaints as the symptoms of a larger problem and
> > attempt to "sweep them under the carpet" to make them
> > go away.
>
> A fungus is an organism, a parasite. Whether athlete's
> foot, jock itch, or ringworm -- it's independent of any
> "cellular toxemia", occurring only where it can live.
> Warm, moist, dark places (feet, crotch, skin folds) are
> ideal. It can be spread from one person to another -- no
> "cellular toxemia" there, Carole.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/cellsalts.htm

[email protected] (Michele) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

re CODEX

> > > It doesn't prohibit the use of supplements, Carole. It
> > > regulates it, & pretty much only the mega doses. It
> > > won't stop people from taking multiple tabs of a lower
> > > dose of a vitamin. As far as herbal products, they
> > > will still be available.
> >
> > Of course you're right and on face value this might seem
> > reasonable enough. However, it is this seemingly
> > reasonableness which gets the foot in the door and the
> > tougher stuff comes later once everything is locked in.
>
> Common sense & reason is some sort of *slippery slope* to
> you?? Keeping herbal products & supplements available in
> GRAS doses is getting "the foot in the door"?? The door to
> what -- letting consumers continue to purchase the
> products they want?? It's not a matter of "face value",
> Carole -- it's the whole thing. Mega doses of vitamins
> could still be taken, just as many OTC pharm. products are
> taken in prescription doses by consumers. Ibuprofen &
> Zantac are just 2 examples of meds available in lower
> strength OTC that users can take in prescription doses
> just by popping a tablet or two more. There is no "tougher
> stuff" coming later. C'est tout.
>
> > > Why should products making claims of disease
> > > prevention &/or cures be exempt from regulation? If
> > > you claim something is just as effective or superior
> > > to a pharmaceutical product, you should have no
> > > problem with the scrutiny & regulation that goes along
> > > with such claims.

Obviously Michele, cartels have the power to suppress
information and slant information their own way. But you
wouldn't be able to work this out because you are mind
controlled. The people should have access to nutritional
remedies and not have big brother telling them what is best.

> > Once again, what you say makes sense. However, there are
> > sinister motives behind CODEX and you really need to
> > read up on the plot of create a fascist new world order.
> > Regulation of every form of human endeavour includes
> > medicine.
>
> There you go again, Carole -- attributing sinister motives
> to something that even you admit "makes sense". The words
> "reasonable" & "sensible" don't go hand in hand with
> sinister plots, diabolical motives, & evil conspiracies.
> Not all regulations are tools for mind control devised by
> some mysterious oligarchy. The world will never be
> organized enough to be *controlled* by any economic,
> political, or religious group. But laws & regulations,
> whether to prevent motorists from driving on the sidewalks
> or packaging pharm. & alt. products in GRAS doses for OTC
> use are generally recognized as a good idea. They prevent
> the bodies from piling up on the sidewalks & establish
> guidelines WRT OTC products. They don't prevent stupid
> behavior, whether strolling out into traffic or tossing
> back toxic doses of Tylenol or Vitamin B6. It just makes
> it the choice of the individual to do something harmful.
> If anything, it would make it harder to yank a product off
> the market, a la ephedra. Truthful labeling, packaging
> doses GRAS (leaving it up to the consumer if they still
> want to take potentially toxic doses), & quality control
> about the actual contents of the product are as reasonable
> & sensible as mandating that a bottle of Tylenol contain
> Tylenol instead of sawdust. It isn't a fascist plot, there
> is no new world order.

You really know how to waffle. Why don't you snip yourself
and stop repeating ad finitum the bleeding obvious.

It is a fascist plot and there is a new world order.

> > > Just like many prescription meds have OTC counterparts
> > > that are simply a lower dose of the same med, there
> > > can be two tiers of supplement/alt. products. That is
> > > a more accurate picture of the CODEX ideas. Of course
> > > it doesn't create that reactionary alarm like your
> > > "trying to stop free access to nutritional
> > > supplements" nonsense.
> >
> > Emotive terms like "nonsense" demonstrate your mode of
> > thinking, that it isn't based on logic but on
> > conditioned emotional responses to a topic.
> >
> > Explain, in logical terms, without use of emotive terms,
> > the benefits of CODEX and why it isn't a plot to
> > restrict free access to supplements which are already
> > expensive enough.
>
> I've explained it several times, Carole. Your
> determination to declare it a plot, suppression, & other
> rather loaded terms doesn't change a sensible, reasonable,
> logical idea into the sinister plan you're trying to spin.
> You've even admitted my explanations are "quite right",
> "reasonable", etc. Either you really can't understand
> what's been said or you would simply rather deny reality.

That's right, I admit your explanations are reasonable - as
far as they go. But so are mine, yet they are opposing
views. There is a lot of stuff going on which the public are
kept in the dark about.

> > > The body's PH is consistent, Carole. Urine & saliva PH
> > > are NOT indicative of the blood PH. "Left unchecked",
> > > the PH of the body remains the same & the PH of the
> > > urine & saliva vary without any ill effect. The test
> > > results I see over & over again with patients -- both
> > > healthy & not, in a variety of settings -- shows that.

Yes, but while the blood is kept in the right pH -- there is
something which develops called latent acidosis, which is
the main cause of toxemia.

> > The reason why the pH is consistent is because the acids
> > which don't get eliminated are deposited around the body
> > in tissues, arteries and joints. This is called latent
> > acidosis. This is explained at the following website -
> >
> > The development of latent "acidosis"
> > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
>
> Once again: The body's PH is consistent, Carole. Urine &
> saliva PH are NOT indicative of the blood PH. "Left
> unchecked", the PH of the body remains the same & the PH
> of the urine & saliva vary without any ill effect. The
> test results I see over & over again with patients -- both
> healthy & not, in a variety of settings -- shows that.

I don't understand it exactly, but its something to do
with latent acidosis. From what I can understand the body
uses minerals which are taken from the bones and tissues,
to keep the blood at the right pH. The loss of minerals to
other parts of the body leads to latent acidosis and
health problems.

> > > You don't really know for sure why the pamphlet was
> > > "recalled" unless the health dept. admits it did so, &
> > > states why. Just as likely is the scenario that
> > > statements in the pamphlet were fraudulent & the
> > > health food store proprietor decided not to put
> > > his/her neck on a legal chopping block for it. It
> > > could also have been a matter of customers questioning
> > > the material's accuracy & skepticism usually isn't
> > > good for business.
> >
> > The shop assistant told me the Blackmores cellsalt
> > pamphlet was recalled.
>
> Once again: You don't really know for sure why the
> pamphlet was "recalled" unless the health dept. admits it
> did so, & states why.
>
> The shop assistant isn't the be-all-end-all authority WRT
> why a pamphlet wasn't at the health food store anymore.
> *Unless the health dept. stated it did so & why -- or
> there is credible evidence that they did -- you don't
> know why.*
>
> Just as likely is the scenario that statements in the
> pamphlet were fraudulent & the health food store
> proprietor decided not to put his/her neck on a legal
> chopping block for it. It could also have been a matter
> of customers questioning the material's accuracy &
> skepticism usually isn't good for business.

The shop assistant told me the pamphlet was recalled because
it wasn't allowed to prescribe remedies, which it did. The
details in the pamphlet were correct which I've found out
from years of trial and error. Therefore the authorities are
in the business of suppression and use the sacred cow of
"public safety" to sell this misconception to the public.

> If I hadn't ever seen that pamphlet I never would have got
> > into cellsalts. In other words, access to information is
> > suppressed on a pretext - "public safety", "public
> > health", "stopping fraud" etc.
>
> YET AGAIN: You don't know why the pamphlet is no longer
> there. You are chomping at the bit to attribute it to
> *something* sinister, but you don't have one iota of
> evidence about it. The fact that the pamphlet was publicly
> displayed disproves your "suppression" theory. Space isn't
> unlimited on the health food shelf ya know....

The pamphlet was on the counter, and was publicly displayed
briefly until it was removed.

> > > You must have a serious reading comprehension problem.
> > > I already stated I've read about the efficacy of
> > > Essaic -- & I don't find much in the way of evidence
> > > to show much to get excited about in that department.
> >
> > And why is that? If people get cured from it why don't
> > doctors prescribe it? Its cheap enough and non-toxic.
>
> "Cheap enough & non-toxic" describes water, bananas, &
> other items that ALSO don't cure cancer. The efficacy of
> Essaic in treating cancer is no better than water. People
> *don't* "get cured" of cancer by using it. [Cancer isn't
> ONE disease, either.] I don't see much evidence to
> utilize it.

How do you know ESSIAC isn't an effective treatment for many
types of cancer? Because the health authorities told you?

> > > I read about MANY ideas I don't agree with --
> > > sometimes there is enough evidence to make me
> > > reconsider my previous POV, sometimes not. Essaic
> > > currently doesn't have much indicating it can cure
> > > anything.
> >
> > According to who?
>
> According to people who are doggedly pursuing cancer
> treatments. Even those touting it as a cure don't offer
> much sound research or evidence that I would take as
> scientifically credible.

Perhaps people who find ESSIAC works aren't allowed to
talk about it. Maybe if medical researchers don't follow
the "proper" lines of research they are replaced with
people who will.

> > > Nobody's suppressing the research into the product or
> > > it's availability. You really enjoy "everything's a
> > > conspiracy" ****, but there's no suppression of info
> > > on Essaic, cell salts, amalgam removal, vitamins, etc.
> > > Disagreement about an opinion ISN'T suppression,
> > > Carole -- as much as you'd like it to mean that, it
> > > isn't even close.

Conspiracies do exist. There are plots, counter plots,
agents, double agents, psyops, psywars, propaganda and spin.
Do you know the UK government has 72 advisers? The public
are marketed to in order to keep them compliant and go along
with various views, its a real science keeping the public
misinformed and dumbed down.

> > Wrong. If a normal GP tries to peddle alternative
> > remedies he risks ruining his career.
>
> That has nothing to do with regulation, Carole. If an MD
> peddling (interesting verbage there <G>) alt. remedies
> "ruins" his career, that would be because potential
> patients viewed him as a quack, not because he was stopped
> from "peddling" those wares. Surely, you don't think it
> should be mandatory for *any* doc to be ENDORSED by a
> regulatory body???? Besides, Hulda Clark's been hawking
> her brand of incompetence for years & she hasn't been
> stopped, at least in certain developing nations. She
> proves that anybody can sell anything.....

And how to you know Hulda Clark hasn't had success with her
treatments? Because the health authorities told you? I don't
know anything about her treatments either, but wouldn't be
prepared to say they didn't work because I've read how any
treatments which go against conventional medicine are
suppressed.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/conspiracy.htm

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

(...)

> Athletes foot is a symptom of the blood being out of order
> or toxic.

Out of order? You mean the red cells coming before the
white ones

Come on. Get a clue. Athlete's foot is a fungal infection.
Blood or toxins have nothing to do with it. If I am
incorrect, please cite scintific references that show that I
am incorrect. I mean real references, like from real
journals. And if toxins are involved, please name them.

This is being posted to sci.med. So we want real science.
Not stupidity.

Jeff

[email protected] (Carole) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Michele) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> re CODEX

> > > Of course you're right and on face value this might
> > > seem reasonable enough. However, it is this seemingly
> > > reasonableness which gets the foot in the door and
> > > the tougher stuff comes later once everything is
> > > locked in.
> >
> > Common sense & reason is some sort of *slippery slope*
> > to you?? Keeping herbal products & supplements available
> > in GRAS doses is getting "the foot in the door"?? The
> > door to what -- letting consumers continue to purchase
> > the products they want?? It's not a matter of "face
> > value", Carole -- it's the whole thing. Mega doses of
> > vitamins could still be taken, just as many OTC pharm.
> > products are taken in prescription doses by consumers.
> > Ibuprofen & Zantac are just 2 examples of meds available
> > in lower strength OTC that users can take in
> > prescription doses just by popping a tablet or two more.
> > There is no "tougher stuff" coming later. C'est tout.

> Obviously Michele, cartels have the power to suppress
> information and slant information their own way. But
> you wouldn't be able to work this out because you are
> mind controlled. The people should have access to
> nutritional remedies and not have big brother telling
> them what is best.

You apparently don't have a mind, Carole. There isn't any
evidence to back up your claims of conspiracies existing
under every rock. You've cited no cold facts, no hard
evidence, nothing in the way of any proof to bolster your
paranoid rantings WRT cartels, mind control, conspiracies,
suppression. Mind control isn't examining facts &
researching claims, which is what I do. It better describes
YOUR mode of thinking -- blindly believing whatever
horseshit you've read in a book by someone waving the flag
of "unconventional".

You still don't understand that having GRAS dosages of
supplements doesn't stop people from taking whatever dose
their hearts desire, do you? If you did, you'd realize that
**** (& it IS ****, sunshine) about "big brother"
interfering with the freedom to purchase & use these
products is simply a lie.

> > > Once again, what you say makes sense. However, there
> > > are sinister motives behind CODEX and you really need
> > > to read up on the plot of create a fascist new world
> > > order. Regulation of every form of human endeavour
> > > includes medicine.
> >
> > There you go again, Carole -- attributing sinister
> > motives to something that even you admit "makes sense".
> > The words "reasonable" & "sensible" don't go hand in
> > hand with sinister plots, diabolical motives, & evil
> > conspiracies. Not all regulations are tools for mind
> > control devised by some mysterious oligarchy. The world
> > will never be organized enough to be *controlled* by any
> > economic, political, or religious group. But laws &
> > regulations, whether to prevent motorists from driving
> > on the sidewalks or packaging pharm. & alt. products in
> > GRAS doses for OTC use are generally recognized as a
> > good idea. They prevent the bodies from piling up on the
> > sidewalks & establish guidelines WRT OTC products. They
> > don't prevent stupid behavior, whether strolling out
> > into traffic or tossing back toxic doses of Tylenol or
> > Vitamin B6. It just makes it the choice of the
> > individual to do something harmful. If anything, it
> > would make it harder to yank a product off the market, a
> > la ephedra. Truthful labeling, packaging doses GRAS
> > (leaving it up to the consumer if they still want to
> > take potentially toxic doses), & quality control about
> > the actual contents of the product are as reasonable &
> > sensible as mandating that a bottle of Tylenol contain
> > Tylenol instead of sawdust. It isn't a fascist plot,
> > there is no new world order.
>
> You really know how to waffle. Why don't you snip yourself
> and stop repeating ad finitum the bleeding obvious.

Because you're showing over & over again how dense you are,
Carole. Try to use a word that makes sense -- "waffle"
means to waver back & forth, to be indecisive, to be vague.
None of which describe what I've posted. You're just as
thick as a plank.

> It is a fascist plot and there is a new world order.

Only in your mind, Carole. You don't even know what
fascism is.

> > > Emotive terms like "nonsense" demonstrate your mode of
> > > thinking, that it isn't based on logic but on
> > > conditioned emotional responses to a topic.
> > >
> > > Explain, in logical terms, without use of emotive
> > > terms, the benefits of CODEX and why it isn't a plot
> > > to restrict free access to supplements which are
> > > already expensive enough.
> >
> > I've explained it several times, Carole. Your
> > determination to declare it a plot, suppression, & other
> > rather loaded terms doesn't change a sensible,
> > reasonable, logical idea into the sinister plan you're
> > trying to spin. You've even admitted my explanations are
> > "quite right", "reasonable", etc. Either you really
> > can't understand what's been said or you would simply
> > rather deny reality.
>
> That's right, I admit your explanations are reasonable -
> as far as they go. But so are mine,

No they're not. They make suppositions that aren't there --
they contradict themselves -- they have no logical train of
thought. They are paranoia at its worst.

> yet they are opposing views. There is a lot of stuff going
> on which the public are kept in the dark about.

You are in the dark, Carole. You claim so many "plots" are
going on everywhere & all the time -- yet common sense, cold
hard facts, & logic say otherwise.

> Yes, but while the blood is kept in the right pH -- there
> is something which develops called latent acidosis, which
> is the main cause of toxemia.

No it is not. Apparently this is yet another subject you
don't understand.

> > > The reason why the pH is consistent is because the
> > > acids which don't get eliminated are deposited around
> > > the body in tissues, arteries and joints. This is
> > > called latent acidosis. This is explained at the
> > > following website -
> > >
> > > The development of latent "acidosis"
> > > http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html
> >
> > Once again: The body's PH is consistent, Carole. Urine
> > & saliva PH are NOT indicative of the blood PH. "Left
> > unchecked", the PH of the body remains the same & the
> > PH of the urine & saliva vary without any ill effect.
> > The test results I see over & over again with patients
> > -- both healthy & not, in a variety of settings --
> > shows that.
>
> I don't understand it exactly,

Of course you don't understand it. So why pretend you do?
Your guesses aren't anywhere near factual.

> but its something to do with latent acidosis. From what I
> can understand the body uses minerals which are taken from
> the bones and tissues, to keep the blood at the right pH.
> The loss of minerals to other parts of the body leads to
> latent acidosis and health problems.

Hardly. Please study a tiny bit of A&P. Your summation of
acidosis is quite incorrect.

Once again (YOU DON'T READ DO YOU???) -- ***** The shop
assistant isn't the be-all-end-all authority WRT why a
pamphlet wasn't at the health food store anymore. *Unless
the health dept. stated it did so & why -- or there is
credible evidence that they did -- you don't know
why.********

> told me the pamphlet was recalled because it wasn't
> allowed to prescribe remedies, which it did.

So now you're saying it was recalled for prescribing??? IF
that is the case (& you still don't know that) information
about cell salts wasn't the reason it was recalled.

> The details in the pamphlet were correct which I've found
> out from years of trial and error. Therefore the
> authorities are in the business of suppression and use the
> sacred cow of "public safety" to sell this misconception
> to the public.

No, IF the shop assistant was correct (a big "if") -- the
pamphlet was yanked because prescribing can get the store
into hot water. Supplements are not held to the same
accountability WRT claims as pharmaceuticals -- that is
fact, the law. While this difference give supplements a
free ride in one way, it has the drawback of limiting
supplements from prescribing remedies. They've traded one
advantage for another.

> > If I hadn't ever seen that pamphlet I never would
> > have got
> > > into cellsalts. In other words, access to information
> > > is suppressed on a pretext - "public safety", "public
> > > health", "stopping fraud" etc.
> >
> > YET AGAIN: You don't know why the pamphlet is no longer
> > there. You are chomping at the bit to attribute it to
> > *something* sinister, but you don't have one iota of
> > evidence about it. The fact that the pamphlet was
> > publicly displayed disproves your "suppression" theory.
> > Space isn't unlimited on the health food shelf ya
> > know....
>
> The pamphlet was on the counter, and was publicly
> displayed briefly until it was removed.

It WAS displayed. It was removed (according to a
questionable source) for prescribing, not for simply giving
the public information. No suppression, no conspiracy.

> > > And why is that? If people get cured from it why don't
> > > doctors prescribe it? Its cheap enough and non-toxic.
> >
> > "Cheap enough & non-toxic" describes water, bananas, &
> > other items that ALSO don't cure cancer. The efficacy of
> > Essaic in treating cancer is no better than water.
> > People *don't* "get cured" of cancer by using it.
> > [Cancer isn't ONE disease, either.] I don't see much
> > evidence to utilize it.
>
> How do you know ESSIAC isn't an effective treatment for
> many types of cancer? Because the health authorities
> told you?

Holy ****, Carole -- because the research doesn't provide
any evidence of its efficacy. I've said it before. You've
*****ed about receiving the same answers, yet you
continue to ask the same questions. Maybe you waver on
your answers because they aren't logical & they
contradict each other. I don't.

> > > According to who?
> >
> > According to people who are doggedly pursuing cancer
> > treatments. Even those touting it as a cure don't offer
> > much sound research or evidence that I would take as
> > scientifically credible.
>
> Perhaps people who find ESSIAC works aren't allowed to
> talk about it. Maybe if medical researchers don't follow
> the "proper" lines of research they are replaced with
> people who will.

WHO would be able to prevent anyone from talking about
ESSAIC's efficacy??? You have to tout that conspiracy
nonsense again, eh? Maybe Martians have hypnotized
scientists -- maybe the Illuminati has paid off every
researcher ever involved with ESSAIC -- how 'bout maybe it
just doesn't work -- has that more likely possibility ever
crossed your gray matter??? That would just be too ordinary,
too dull for ya, eh? Christ, Carole, how can you possibly
think EVERYTHING'S a conspiracy????

> Conspiracies do exist. There are plots, counter plots,
> agents, double agents, psyops, psywars, propaganda and
> spin. Do you know the UK government has 72 advisers? The
> public are marketed to in order to keep them compliant and
> go along with various views, its a real science keeping
> the public misinformed and dumbed down.

These situations are an *extremely* small minority of
everything going on in the world, Carole. You tell us just
about everything's part of such plots. Not true. The
"public" (as if they were a single unit -- NOT) is certainly
not compliant, there is no way to control millions &
millions of people anywhere (as evidenced by the large
numbers of people doing exactly as they please -- illegal or
not, conventional or not, acceptable or not), & no select
group is able to suppress the dissemination of information
of all sorts.

> > > Wrong. If a normal GP tries to peddle alternative
> > > remedies he risks ruining his career.
> >
> > That has nothing to do with regulation, Carole. If an MD
> > peddling (interesting verbage there <G>) alt. remedies
> > "ruins" his career, that would be because potential
> > patients viewed him as a quack, not because he was
> > stopped from "peddling" those wares. Surely, you don't
> > think it should be mandatory for *any* doc to be
> > ENDORSED by a regulatory body???? Besides, Hulda Clark's
> > been hawking her brand of incompetence for years & she
> > hasn't been stopped, at least in certain developing
> > nations. She proves that anybody can sell anything.....
>
> And how to you know Hulda Clark hasn't had success with
> her treatments? Because the health authorities told you?

You really must have reading comprehension problems, don't
you? Have you read her claims? Researched her so-called
treatments? Do you understand that her claims about flukes
seldom found in this hemisphere (& not demonstrated to be
found during her treatments) don't hold water? Do you
realize that her "Zapper" wouldn't do what she says it does?
All you have to do is look into what Hulda herself has
written to see it isn't true.

> I don't know anything about her treatments either

Obviously. Try reading what SHE says. Compare that to what
she's presented as proof. And it would be ever so refreshing
if you'd stop proclaiming everything's a conspiracy even
when you don't understand it

>, but wouldn't be prepared to say they didn't work because
>I've read how any treatments which go against conventional
>medicine are suppressed.

Try reading what you're claiming is suppressed (it's NOT).
You apparently spend way too much time reading those
sensationalist allegations of conspiracies & not nearly
enough time actually learning about what you've labeled a
sinister plot.