The LBS got my money again!

Ken Marcet

Guest
Yeap they got some more of my money! But I think I have solved all of my
saddle issues. I went there looking at new saddles, and while I was
"looking" one of the guys (maybe the owner) came up to me and asked me if I
needed help, and I asked if they had any more saddles other than the ones I
was looking at hanging on the rack. He then said "and we have these over
here" pointing to a big pile of saddles on a shelf sort of hidden behind
some other stuff. Then he asked me about my "current" saddle, I explained to
him what my current one was, and why I thought I needed a new saddle. He
agreed and told be that any of the saddles off that shelf would be $15.00,
then I asked if they were saddles that came off new bikes that the customer
wanted an upgraded saddle before the bike even left the showroom. He said
they were. So I looked at a bunch of the saddles off the shelf, and decided
on one that was about the same length and width as my current one. So I
decided on an "Avenir Comfort Plus" model, it's got springs on the backside,
and the underside shell is plastic (vs steel on my current one) and the
seating surface seems to be lycra. I came home bolted it on, took it for a
ride around the block for a little test, and it seems okay, the springs kind
of give your back end a little wigle that I am not quite used to but seems
to smooth out the ride a bit!

Hats off to the LBS this time!
Thanks for all the advise I got here in the newsgroups.

Ken
--
More of my mind dribblings: http://mind-dribble.blogspot.com/
And my homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Ken wrote:
> ...I think I have solved all of my
> saddle issues. ...big pile of saddles on a shelf sort of hidden

behind
> some other stuff. ...saddles that came off new bikes that the

customer
> wanted an upgraded saddle before the bike even left the showroom....

The $5.00 box is my favorite part of shopping at an LBS, and most if
not all of my saddles come from there.
Glad it worked for you too!

--Karen M.

"Veloise" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ken wrote:
> > ...I think I have solved all of my
> > saddle issues. ...big pile of saddles on a shelf sort of hidden

> behind
> > some other stuff. ...saddles that came off new bikes that the

> customer
> > wanted an upgraded saddle before the bike even left the showroom....

> The $5.00 box is my favorite part of shopping at an LBS, and most if
> not all of my saddles come from there.
> Glad it worked for you too!
>
> --Karen M.

Well I don't know that they have a "box" but someone told me it is a good
place to look for a saddle.
I usually don't really like the LBS becuase some of the guys that work there
are less than helpful.
But a new saddle was in order, and I wanted to feel it before buying it,
something that is hard to do online.

Ken