The Little 500

HoosierOLMO?

May 30, 2005
anyone ever attend or hear of the Little 500 race at Indiana? If not, I highly suggest you check it out. One of the coolest events I've ever seen. If you're lucky, you might get to see me ride in it next year ;) lol

It's an excellent event to attend. I graduated from IU in the 1980's and the Little 500 was the highlight of every school year. Watch "Breaking Away" and you can see the earlier venue for the event (which existed until shortly before I started college).

Check it out if you are around Indiana in the springtime.

I tried for two years to get into that race. Each time, we had a snafu on the exchanges in qualifying, finishing about 35th each time. Real bummer after training that hard all year. I at least got to coach a women's team in 1990.

Grand time and well worth the effort to try and get in, either as a participant or spectator.

HoosierOLMO? said:
anyone ever attend or hear of the Little 500 race at Indiana? If not, I highly suggest you check it out. One of the coolest events I've ever seen. If you're lucky, you might get to see me ride in it next year ;) lol
I'm hoping to attend this year. I live in Indianapolis so it won't be too far to travel. Won't be competing though. :eek:

Doctor Morbius said:
I'm hoping to attend this year. I live in Indianapolis so it won't be too far to travel. Won't be competing though. :eek:
its definitely a high quality race. Most of the riders in it are usually pretty serious cyclists as well. I think the voted MVP of the race gets like one year pro contract with some team or something like that. definitely check it out. it's like $15

spacefuzz said:
I enjoyed the pictures of the crash at this years race.
that crash screwed everyone that didn't qualify in the top 6 or 7. Videos show that it was actually the best rider in the race that caused the accident. It happened in the first 1/4 of a lap! And it took out literally EVERYONE that was behind it. So basically the top 6 or 7 teams got almost a 2 lap lead on everyone else.