The Look (revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Keats

I'm coming up to a red light, and there's one car ahead of me stopped there, waiting on the light.
It's on an unstriped but fairly wide street, and she's well away from the right curb, so as to let
any right turners through. She has no turn signals on, so I reason she's probably going straight
through, same as me. I haul-up in line behind her, on her driver's side, so she can see me in her
near wing mirror.

A pedestrian on our right, going the same direction as the driver and me walks up to the corner and
waits for the same light. The driver ahead of me sees this, and flicks on her right turn blinker,
like she's going to cut across in front of the pedestrian. I prepare to pass the driver on her left
as she hangs her right. The light turns green, we go, I start to make my move and she flicks on her
left turn blinker. So I fall in again behind her.

She goes straight through, and then kills her left turn blinker. I'm not bugged, though, 'cuz I saw
it all coming before it happened. But I tailgated her a little while crossing the intersection, and
gave her The Look so hard, she had to pull over once she got to the other side.

I think I almost cracked her mirror with the most sincere rendition of The Look I could muster. I
didn't know I had it in me.

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Brian Huntley) wrote:

> [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >
>
> > I think I almost cracked her mirror with the most sincere rendition of The Look I could muster.
> > I didn't know I had it in me.
> >
>
> GIF! GIF!

Ditto! Ditto!

I know that Mr. Keats is UGLY, but not so ugly that he can crack mirrors with a single stare.....)

Sorry about that, Tom.

--
³Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness³

- Tomb of the unknown - American Revolution

>[email protected] (Tom Keats)

wrote in part:

>I think I almost cracked her mirror with the most sincere rendition of The Look I could muster. I
>didn't know I had it in me.

That noise you heard wasn't the cracking of the mirror. It was the "ka-chunk!" of power door locks
being activated. It's hard for me to maintain the requisite cold-hearted deadly stare of The Look
when that happens. It's just too damn funny to *not* laugh. Kudos to you if you managed to maintain
The Look in that situation.

Regards, Bob Hunt

In article <[email protected]>,
"H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> writes:
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Brian
> Huntley) wrote:
>
>> [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> >
>>
>> > I think I almost cracked her mirror with the most sincere rendition of The Look I could muster.
>> > I didn't know I had it in me.
>> >
>>
>> GIF! GIF!
>
> Ditto! Ditto!

Y'know, I'm just achin' to get a camera.

> I know that Mr. Keats is UGLY, but not so ugly that he can crack mirrors with a single stare.....)
>
> Sorry about that, Tom.

:)

Heh. I've just finished a working all-nighter (both preceded and followed by working all-dayers). So
I guess I'm looking pretty seedy right now. I'd like to hop in the shower, but I'm scared I'll fall
asleep in there. There's enough stubble on my face to sand smooth a bunch of cedar fencing.

I just poured myself a wee shot of Alberta Springs (Canadian rye) that my client bequested unto me
as a bonus.

Damned if my shot glass didn't grow little legs and run away before I could grasp it.

I shoulda snuck up on it.

cheerz, Tom

--