The "Lovingway" Church

Toby Jones

Guest
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2873395/detail.html

(Link re-posted from another thread.)

"The Colorado Council of Churches wishes to make it clear that this one congregation does not speak
for the vast majority of the Christian community.

In fact, we stand in direct opposition to the message on this sign and its implications."

"we stand in direct opposition to the message on this sign".

"toby jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2873395/detail.html
>
> (Link re-posted from another thread.)
>
> "The Colorado Council of Churches wishes to make it clear that this one congregation does not
> speak for the vast majority of the Christian community.
>
> In fact, we stand in direct opposition to the message on this sign and its implications."
>
> "we stand in direct opposition to the message on this sign".
===================
Interesting sign board. I think it is an inappropriate advertising expression to promote an
upcoming sermon .....about the same timing as when a new film about 'The Passion of Custer's Last
Stand', might prompt a board expressing, "Indians Killed Custer". Eye catching, but insensitive
and shocking.

Having just seen The Passion of the Christ this afternoon, I did not find the film to be anti-
Semitic. It was a realistic portral of how life was in those days and the punishment which was meted
out. In other films I've seen, Christ was portrayed on the cross with almost flawless skin, a small
crown of thorns and even shaved armpits in some versions....so as not to offend people.

History is history, along with all the politics and cruelty of the time. For Christians, our focus
is on why Christ died for us, not who influenced his demise. The message is to tenderly love one
another, not to hate.

When I was young I took a job as an office manager with a small family-owned business that sold
glass, mirrors and did installations from one window to giant building projects. The General Manager
(Ben) had a keen sense about people. He was kind, gentle and generous in assisting employees with
things like interest-free loans when financial emergencies cropped up in people's lives. No
collateral necessary. I experienced that all employees were part of the 'family'. My suggestions
were implemented, including purchasing a Christmas tree for the office area. Not very unusual,
except for the fact that the owners were Jewish people.

One day Ben came to my desk with papers and the cuff on his shirt slipped upward, exposing a
tattoo of a long number on his skin. In that moment our eyes met and I saw a much bigger part of
the precious man inside, deep behind his eyes. We need to be tender with each other and look for
the preciousness that lives inside of everyone else.....now would be a wonderful, timely place to
begin anew.

Coleah

>Subject: Re: The "Lovingway" Church
>From: "Coleah" [email protected]
>Date: 2/26/2004 2:02 AM Pacific Standard Time

An excellent post Coleah.

I go to see it on March 7th.

The focus should be how Jesus suffered and died for our sins. His great love and love from the
father. The fact that his death was planned. The prophecies fulfilled.

We took a tour of St Petersburg today and the pier, we went by a Holocaust Museum. It was a
solemn momment.

Jan

"Coleah" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Auj%b.60002$Xp.306219@attbi_s54>...
> "toby jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2873395/detail.html
> >
> > (Link re-posted from another thread.)
> >
> > "The Colorado Council of Churches wishes to make it clear that this one congregation does not
> > speak for the vast majority of the Christian community.
> >
> > In fact, we stand in direct opposition to the message on this sign and its implications."
> >
> > "we stand in direct opposition to the message on this sign".
> ===================
> Interesting sign board. I think it is an inappropriate advertising expression to promote an
> upcoming sermon .....about the same timing as when a new film about 'The Passion of Custer's Last
> Stand', might prompt a board expressing, "Indians Killed Custer". Eye catching, but insensitive
> and shocking.
>
> Having just seen The Passion of the Christ this afternoon, I did not find the film to be anti-
> Semitic. It was a realistic portral of how life was in those days and the punishment which was
> meted out. In other films I've seen, Christ was portrayed on the cross with almost flawless skin,
> a small crown of thorns and even shaved armpits in some versions....so as not to offend people.
>
> History is history, along with all the politics and cruelty of the time. For Christians, our focus
> is on why Christ died for us, not who influenced his demise. The message is to tenderly love one
> another, not to hate.
>
> When I was young I took a job as an office manager with a small family-owned business that sold
> glass, mirrors and did installations from one window to giant building projects. The General
> Manager (Ben) had a keen sense about people. He was kind, gentle and generous in assisting
> employees with things like interest-free loans when financial emergencies cropped up in people's
> lives. No collateral necessary. I experienced that all employees were part of the 'family'. My
> suggestions were implemented, including purchasing a Christmas tree for the office area. Not very
> unusual, except for the fact that the owners were Jewish people.
>
> One day Ben came to my desk with papers and the cuff on his shirt slipped upward, exposing a
> tattoo of a long number on his skin. In that moment our eyes met and I saw a much bigger part of
> the precious man inside, deep behind his eyes. We need to be tender with each other and look for
> the preciousness that lives inside of everyone else.....now would be a wonderful, timely place to
> begin anew.
>
> Coleah

According to Dennis Prager (www.DennisPrager.com), the church that put this untrue anti-semtic sign
(the Romans actually killed Jesus) up, has been known to hold book burnings!

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The focus should be how Jesus suffered and died for our sins. His great
love
> and love from the father. The fact that his death was planned. The
prophecies
> fulfilled.

Nothing like that ever happened. They made it up. The truth is that Christianity killed their own
Christ and lay the blame on another group .It was bad enough to blame Jewish people for their
mythical savior being killed but they take the next ugly step and blame all of mankind. Well, please
keep me out of your hallucination. Thank you very much.

> We took a tour of St Petersburg today and the pier, we went by a Holocaust Museum. It was a solemn
> momment.

Did you tell the mourners there that lying was second nature to the Jews? Call anyone "Jew boy"? Bet
that was what caused the solemn 'momment'.

news:[email protected]...

=========================
> According to Dennis Prager (www.DennisPrager.com), the church that put this untrue anti-semtic
> sign (the Romans actually killed Jesus) up, has been known to hold book burnings!
========================
Yes, Roman's were in authority over the land and ultimately carried out the 'sentence'. During the
Roman occupation, more than 250,000 Jews were crucified by the Romans. Jesus was but one of those
Jews. Roman Governor Pontius Pilot did his best to avoid being responsible for ultimately deciding
to crucify Jesus however, much from the urging of his wife. He thought perhaps that by having Jesus
'roughed up a bit' it might satisfy the zealous group of Jewish Priests. Not to be.

Pilot left the ultimate sentence of Jesus in the hands of the Jewish people (in a form of
public/opinion 'voting'). It was actually they who were incited to call for the release of a
murderer and the sentence of crucifixion for Jesus.

Is this a reason to hate Jewish people, from history or their descendants? Absolutely not. The
message Jesus gave us all is to tenderly love one another and to forgive, not to hate.
Pssst.....pass it on!

>>Subject: Re: The "Lovingway" Church
>>From: "Coleah" [email protected]
>>Date: 2/26/2004 2:02 AM Pacific Standard Time
>>

>An excellent post Coleah.
>
>I go to see it on March 7th.
>
>The focus should be how Jesus suffered and died for our sins. His great love and love from the
>father. The fact that his death was planned. The prophecies fulfilled.
>
>We took a tour of St Petersburg today and the pier, we went by a Holocaust Museum. It was a
>solemn momment.
>
>Jan

http://www.flholocaustmuseum.org/exhibits.cfm

I hope Jan learned something about co-existence.

[email protected] (Ilsa9) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> http://www.flholocaustmuseum.org/exhibits.cfm

Almost I missed this link. So glad I found it!

"Dialogue is based on the ability to recognize the differences and otherness of our fellow human
beings, and this contradicts the view of the other as an enemy who represents an absolute threat and
must be destroyed..." Shmuel Erlich, "Reflections on Otherness, Boundaries and Dialogue"

Hopefully, this is only the very beginning of many more such events and exhibitions.

The bibliolatry of some Christians can become so great as to easily rationalize the actions of the
"Lovingway" Church. ANY thing can be rationalized by these cretins as long as it is written in the
Bible. I would like to find a sensual part of the Bible and put it on a billboard right in from of
their church, mentioning the appropriate book, chapter, and verse, of course.

Jesus' murder could have been committed by ANY religious authority, since religious authorities are
invariably resistant to change, religious authorities like the "Lovingway" Church. This is another
way of saying that the "Lovingway" Church are exactly the kind of people who crucified Jesus. For
me, this is most definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black. As far as I am concerned,
the people of the "Lovingway" Church have about as much proximity to God as a piece of horse manure.
It is incredible how insincere and phony people can be. I guess that they are frightened about
something. They are just little people, silly people, embarrassing people, embarrasing to other
Christians.

"Nana Weedkiller" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<afC%[email protected]>...

> Nothing like that ever happened. They made it up. The truth is that Christianity killed their own
> Christ and lay the blame on another group .It was bad enough to blame Jewish people for their
> mythical savior being killed but they take the next ugly step and blame all of mankind. Well,
> please keep me out of your hallucination. Thank you very much.

Regardless of anyone's belief in or dismissal of the concept of a personalised Deity, two thousand
years ago one religion was already highly developed, to the point where it is still to this day
being emulated, at a time when pitts, celts, goths and huns, for example, were still running around
in warring little tribes, worshipping many different nature spirits etc.

Then, those of more primitive belief systems were invited in as guests, as it were, as if to share a
meal or a banquet in someone's home. (Remember that most of the earliest Christians were Jews, and
were practicing their Judaic traditions, following their scriptures.) Afterwards, rather than show
appreciation and respect for the host family, some of the guests (gentiles, who had previously been
excluded from that religion) began to appropriate the contents of the home (eg the OT) and then to
use these, via reinterpretation, to attack and discredit the hosts.

--

As to the origin, here is one other reference.
In India, Christianity is the religion of only about 2.5% of the

www.malankara.org/history.htm

www.shelterbelt.com/KJ/khchristians.html

www.nizee.com/Christianity.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2604455.stm

[email protected] (hotmoon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The bibliolatry of some Christians can become so great as to easily rationalize the actions of the
> "Lovingway" Church. ANY thing can be rationalized by these cretins as long as it is written in the
> Bible. I would like to find a sensual part of the Bible and put it on a billboard right in from of
> their church, mentioning the appropriate book, chapter, and verse, of course.
>
> Jesus' murder could have been committed by ANY religious authority, since religious authorities
> are invariably resistant to change, religious authorities like the "Lovingway" Church. This is
> another way of saying that the "Lovingway" Church are exactly the kind of people who crucified
> Jesus. For me, this is most definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black. As far as I am
> concerned, the people of the "Lovingway" Church have about as much proximity to God as a piece of
> horse manure. It is incredible how insincere and phony people can be. I guess that they are
> frightened about something. They are just little people, silly people, embarrassing people,
> embarrasing to other Christians.

God! I love my posts, particularly this one.

For anyone who cares, I used the "hotmoon" handle because my precious darling said, when the sun hit
him right in the face while we were driving, "Hotmoon see me." We would frequently point out the
moon and name it to His Pediatric Majesty, but we would never point out the sun, for obvious
reasons. So, he did not know the name of the sun. So, when he got blasted in the face suddenly from
intense sunlight, he said, "Hotmoon see me." Children bring a little bit of God into the world.
(And, of course, puberty drives that little bit of God away.) I did not think when I adopted this
handle that it implied that I was female. But, too bad.

"hotmoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For anyone who cares, I used the "hotmoon" handle because my precious darling said, when the sun
> hit him right in the face while we were driving, "Hotmoon see me." We would frequently point out
> the moon and name it to His Pediatric Majesty, but we would never point out the sun, for obvious
> reasons. So, he did not know the name of the sun. So, when he got blasted in the face suddenly
> from intense sunlight, he said, "Hotmoon see me." Children bring a little bit of God into the
> world. (And, of course, puberty drives that little bit of God away.) I did not think when I
> adopted this handle that it implied that I was female. But, too bad.

Precious story. "His Pediatric Majesty"....I love it!

Coleah