The Manufacturer Thread

so far the demon frame is most tempting. great lug work even if a bit too monochromatic theme in execution overall. going to hit their website most quickly.

and again, those moots frames are glorious.

Originally Posted by SteveV .

Since you lost your original photo, I figured I'd help you out and post a picture of my Moots bottom bracket. Took 9 weeks to build, but when it shows up and looks like this, you really don't mind.

The craftsmanship is flawless and the ride is smooth as butter. Moots sends you a little yellow tag with your bike that tells you who did each step of your bike (mitering, tacking, finish weld, etc) and you can go on their web site and see who actually built your bike. These welds were done by Caleb.
Sex on wheels

I Love my CAAD9, but really MOOTS is on another level

On the wheel side of the world, check out this beautiful rear hub on Velocity's new A23 wheelset. It's got a nice retro look, and the QR looks to be a fine piece of equipment.

Originally Posted by alienator .

On the wheel side of the world, check out this beautiful rear hub on Velocity's new A23 wheelset. It's got a nice retro look, and the QR looks to be a fine piece of equipment.
Funny you should mention this because those are the hubs I have on my Moots. I had them built up 32/28 to HED Belgium C2 rims and the ride is fantastic. They are excellent hubs and they come with a really good set of skewers. The skewers have a fantastic cam action and are better than I thought they would be - and they save you a decent amount of money compared with hubs that don't come with any skewer at all. (By the way, that's an Ultegra skewer shown in this photo because the new Velocity skewers were on order. The skewer that alienator shows is what I now have and what you get with their new hubs). It's a really smooth hub with sealed bearings for a great price. The guy that built my wheels really likes building with them because of that large drive side flange.

I have the Velocity Race hubs built up to HED Belgium C2 rims 28f/32r and they are fantastic. They spin forever, the built-up wheels are very stiff yet incredibly comfortable, and they are very cool looking. I highly recommend them for any build. In fact you can but them direct from Velocity laced up to Velocity A23 rims for $549.00 and they come with a great set of skewers.

SteveV said:
I have the Velocity Race hubs built up to HED Belgium C2 rims 28f/32r and they are fantastic. They spin forever, the built-up wheels are very stiff yet incredibly comfortable, and they are very cool looking. I highly recommend them for any build. In fact you can but them direct from Velocity laced up to Velocity A23 rims for $549.00 and they come with a great set of skewers.
How about some more pictures of your Moots? I used to have a Moots Compact, and it was an ever so lurrrrvly bike to look at and an even more lurrrrrvly bike to ride. The Velocity site doesn't show any dimensions on those hubs. Do you any numbers on the hubs' flange spacing and flange diameters?

I don't know anything about the front other than it is a standard 100mm spacing. Velocity has a good diagram of the rear at this link:
http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=755

Evidently some wheel sites think the 17mm DS spacing is a little narrow, but the large 62mm diameter for the spokes actually makes for a shorter spoke and still gives a good bracing angle. All that techno stuff aside, I will say that I really like them and have absolutely no regrets about the choice with the HED wheels.

As far as photos, I still don't have a real good one of the final build, but here are a few as it was being built. The last one is fully built, but I was still playing around with the bar height, so there are lots of spacers. And yes, that is a pump peg on the back of the head tube.

SteveV said:
I don't know anything about the front other than it is a standard 100mm spacing. Velocity has a good diagram of the rear at this link: http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=755 Evidently some wheel sites think the 17mm DS spacing is a little narrow, but the large 62mm diameter for the spokes actually makes for a shorter spoke and still gives a good bracing angle. All that techno stuff aside, I will say that I really like them and have absolutely no regrets about the choice with the HED wheels. As far as photos, I still don't have a real good one of the final build, but here are a few as it was being built. The last one is fully built, but I was still playing around with the bar height, so there are lots of spacers. And yes, that is a pump peg on the back of the head tube.
Nice bike. There's naught wrong with a pump peg. I had a chain hanger added to mine. Speaking of mine, this is they way it looked:

Very possibly a boon for the disc brakes on road bikes cause: http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/11/14/found-kettle-cycles-40g-siccc-carbon-ceramic-disc-brake-rotors/

Titanium, how fun is that? I love that bike. I like the handle bars on the last one. The Tom Ritchey in black.