The Meaning of Christmas!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by snyper0311, Dec 4, 2007.

1. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

???

Care to elaborate on this little bit of wisdom?

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

In reference to the twins.

3. alienator

I see. Actually, in that case, I would officially be the "videographer" documenting them giving and receiving among themselves. However, with that video in hand and a willingness to share the video with all of mankind, I would indeed be a giver of the greatest magnitude. Such a gift, from me to the world, would truly be the gift that keeps on giving, the gift that helps the whole world come together. :D

4. ghostpedal

ghostpedal New Member

I somewhat agree, but you still need to be a willing victim to be scammed. Companies can only sell what you will buy - if no one buys, the company ceases to exist. That is the beauty of capitalism.

Linus had it right.

5. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Ah..yes...the "Rational Man" economic hypothesis. I thought that died about thirty years ago with the gold craze. Wasn't it replaced by the "Irrational Man" hypothesis. That one seems to explain current phenomena better.

6. stevecycles

stevecycles New Member

Well said!!

7. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

I think you mis-spelt the above word.:p Or is that the correct spelling?

8. ghostpedal

ghostpedal New Member

No, it's still completely true, it's just that the definition of rational and irrational would depend on the individual. The marketplace is packed with crap that I see absolutely no value in. How else do you explain the Hannah Montana craze, fountain sodas big enough for Ted Kennedy to drop a Buick in them, SUVS the size of busses being driven by 1 person to the McD's drivethru, and t-shirts for 9 year olds that say "Sexy Slut". Some stuff will never make sense.

9. kakman

kakman New Member

As we're quoting Peanuts here, here's my thoughts on this thread - "good grief!"

10. alienator

I changed the spelling so that it would be in keeping with the spirit of the season.

11. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Well, here in Italy traditionally we pig out for hours and then go to midnight mass.

That is/was Christmas. And we gave presents to the kids on epiphany (7 january) - or at least the Good Witch did.

Now we have been globalised. So we have Santa and all that crap. But my kids still get their presents 50% on x-mas and 50% on epiphany. Gotta keep with tradition.

Oh, and I do not go to mass. The papacy and organised religion have done enough damage without my support.

12. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

P.S. Alienator, please do not forget to send me the vid of those nice ladies too. That would be a wonderful x-mas present and help me Believe. :D

13. alienator

I found the ultimate expression of the meaning of Christmas:

[​IMG]

14. snyper0311

snyper0311 New Member

I guess, then, that was one of the "naughty" people on Santa's list.

15. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

You know, I have to take issue with this...maybe you're just being self-righteous and self-serving, refusing to accept gifts...maybe your wife does deserve the very best, albeit that might not mean a $1000 diamond pendant...

My husband likes to say all he needs is the Christmas spirit...and not to give him anything, which is a very noble way of saying "I don't want to get you anything." You know, when you really love someone, you should want to spoil them sometimes...and that includes letting yourself be spoiled by someone who loves you...it's not very gracious to refuse gifts that make someone happy by giving them.

Just my opinion..but there are still 3 shopping days left, Mr. Noble...

16. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

My wife likes the little blue boxes.