The Millar line

In article <[email protected]>,
Gabe Brovedani <[email protected]> wrote:

> Robert Chung wrote:
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/vuelta06/?id=results/vuelta0614
> >

> If I understand the Millar Line principle correctly, everyone in the
> Vuelta is clean, no?
>
> Gabe Brovedani

Correct. It's especially fun that Millar is enough of a student of
history to use make the "bread and water" reference. Though the fact
that he repeated it suggests he was a little too proud of his studies.

Also, note that it only means that everyone in this stage was clean.
Like Floyd Landis' T-E ratio, the Millar Line can fluctuate in odd ways
from stage to stage.

Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.

It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:33:48 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Gabe Brovedani <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Robert Chung wrote:
>> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/vuelta06/?id=results/vuelta0614
>> >

>> If I understand the Millar Line principle correctly, everyone in the
>> Vuelta is clean, no?
>>
>> Gabe Brovedani

>Correct. It's especially fun that Millar is enough of a student of
>history to use make the "bread and water" reference. Though the fact
>that he repeated it suggests he was a little too proud of his studies.
>
>Also, note that it only means that everyone in this stage was clean.
>Like Floyd Landis' T-E ratio, the Millar Line can fluctuate in odd ways
>from stage to stage.
>
>Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.
>
>It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Probably why the UCI banned running the course through the beer tents last year.

Ron

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.
>
> It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
was a flask.

Gabe Brovedani

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:20:28 GMT, Gabe Brovedani <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>

>> Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.
>>
>> It would probably be a cyclocrosser,
>>

>Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
>was a flask.

In which case I saw one at a cross race last season. Sort of a hip flask in a
cage, like this: http://www.ahearnecycles.com/flask.htm .

The envy of the peloton.

Ron

in message <[email protected]>, RonSonic
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:20:28 GMT, Gabe Brovedani <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>>
>>> Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.
>>>
>>> It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

>>Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
>>was a flask.

> In which case I saw one at a cross race last season. Sort of a hip flask
> in a cage, like this: http://www.ahearnecycles.com/flask.htm .

http://www.trophybikes.com/catalog.php?deptid=13&catid=-1&prodid=32

A message from our sponsor: This site is now in free fall

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:46:13 +0100, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

>in message <[email protected]>, RonSonic
>('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:20:28 GMT, Gabe Brovedani <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>>Livedrunk does not produce a bracelet. I thought the Livedrunk thingy
>>>was a flask.

>> In which case I saw one at a cross race last season. Sort of a hip flask
>> in a cage, like this: http://www.ahearnecycles.com/flask.htm .

>http://www.trophybikes.com/catalog.php?deptid=13&catid=-1&prodid=32

I don't have a cage for it, but there is a flask in my gear bag. Medicinal
reasons and such.

('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:46:13 +0100, Simon Brooke <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>in message <[email protected]>, RonSonic
>>('[email protected]') wrote:

>>> In which case I saw one at a cross race last season. Sort of a hip
>>> flask in a cage, like this: http://www.ahearnecycles.com/flask.htm .

>>http://www.trophybikes.com/catalog.php?deptid=13&catid=-1&prodid=32

> I don't have a cage for it, but there is a flask in my gear bag.
> Medicinal reasons and such.

One of my regular riding mates always carries a hip flask with him; indeed,
when I crashed last year and broke my back, the first thing I was given
was a good slug of some nice single malt... for medicinal purposes,
obviously.

;; Usenet: like distance learning without the learning.

In article <[email protected]>,
RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:33:48 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > Gabe Brovedani <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> If I understand the Millar Line principle correctly, everyone in the
> >> Vuelta is clean, no?
> >>
> >> Gabe Brovedani

> >Correct. It's especially fun that Millar is enough of a student of
> >history to use make the "bread and water" reference. Though the fact
> >that he repeated it suggests he was a little too proud of his studies.

> >Now, if we could just get a pro to start wearing a LIVEDRUNK bracelet.
> >
> >It would probably be a cyclocrosser,

> Probably why the UCI banned running the course through the beer tents last
> year.

The UCI is on LIVEDRUNK's Enemies List until they revoke their
ridiculous beer tent ban.

And disc brakes, too,