Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

the minimal tape look

Started by John Forrest Tomlinson · · Last activity · 4 posts · 425 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 July 2004
Last activity
18 July 2004
Original author
John Forrest Tomlinson
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
425
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I think this was big in racing in the early 1980s:

    http://www.velonews.com/images/details/6594.8502.f.jpg

    JT

  2. John Forrest Tomlinson said:

    I think this was big in racing in the early 1980s:
    http://www.velonews.com/images/details/6594.8502.f.jpg

    I watched a GREAT day of racing* out at the Alpenrose Velodrome today and
    saw plenty of folks with tape like this.

    I don't think it's at all outdated. Just not as functional if you're
    likely to ever use the horizontals as handgrips.

    EK

    *And yeah, watching the Devil and sprints out at Alpenrose was WAY more
    exciting than watching some guys in France via television.

  3. "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I think this was big in racing in the early 1980s:

    http://www.velonews.com/images/details/6594.8502.f.jpg

    JT

    Sorry, but wrong. Tape was of other material then, but not applied in this
    fashion

  4. John Forrest Tomlinson said:

    I think this was big in racing in the early 1980s:

    http://www.velonews.com/images/details/6594.8502.f.jpg

    Do you think that is Minimal tape Look?

    See if you can find a picture of Michael Rasmussen. He is using the
    same Cinelli Ram bar/stem combo as LeipHeimmer but without tape.

    /Anders

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.