The "Moment"

Mette

Guest
I think I just had the moment. The one moment when you just know that you have come to the end and
there is only one choice left: starting a new WOL and WOE.

Last night was New years. I had planned a quiet night with my fantastic boyfriend and we had the
greatest time and he took a LOT of pictures with his digital camera. And they made me cringe. When I
looked at the photos it reminded me of how I felt when I was even more overweight. I found myself
avoiding the camera and feeling embaressed and selfloathing by what I saw. And I suddenly saw myself
through his eyes and everyone elses. This tiny,

was no more. The tires around my stomach, the extra chin, the round fase, the big flabby arms had
returned and I realized that I had betrayed myself. I did not keep my promise to myself.

Still, today I finished off the remaining bags of chips and candy, drank chocolate milk and didn't
move myself physically and inch all day - knowing that tomorrow was the big day one.

But I felt a bit lost. I didn't know where to start. Couldn't really feel the motivation. Just like
I felt almost 4 years ago the weeks prior to starting WW. I wanted to, but couldn't make it. Had
nothing to grasp onto.

Then I found my old WW materials. Read them again. Realizing that I had done this before. And I had
lost 50 lbs. And I chose my mantra - my anchor: I have done it before, I can do it again. I
visualized what it was like for me then, tried to revive my winning spirits. But still - it seemed
so distant. I felt that I really did not believe I could do it again. Even though we're only talking
10-12 lbs.

And then I found my membership book. The book where my weight had been recorded for 14 weeks. From
146.1 to 122.5. Down 23.6 lbs. And I looked at every single entry and realized that I HAD DONE IT! I
just kept on doing it week by week and I lost the weight - down 1.2, down. 3.2, down 2.1, down. .8
etc... week by week..down down down...and I started to cry.

This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
remembered my success and I felt it again!!

I want to do it again! I can do it again!

And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in Denmark), but I still have the slider and when it worked
then, it will work now!

I want this!

The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
cannot take his eyes or hands off. ;o)

I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:47:55 +0100, Mette made this important statement:

> I think I just had the moment. The one moment when you just know that you have come to the end and
> there is only one choice left: starting a new WOL and WOE.
>
> Last night was New years. I had planned a quiet night with my fantastic boyfriend and we had the
> greatest time and he took a LOT of pictures with his digital camera. And they made me cringe. When
> I looked at the photos it reminded me of how I felt when I was even more overweight. I found
> myself avoiding the camera and feeling embaressed and selfloathing by what I saw. And I suddenly
> saw myself through his eyes and everyone elses. This tiny,

> was no more. The tires around my stomach, the extra chin, the round fase, the big flabby arms had
> returned and I realized that I had betrayed myself. I did not keep my promise to myself.
>
> Still, today I finished off the remaining bags of chips and candy, drank chocolate milk and didn't
> move myself physically and inch all day - knowing that tomorrow was the big day one.
>
> But I felt a bit lost. I didn't know where to start. Couldn't really feel the motivation. Just
> like I felt almost 4 years ago the weeks prior to starting WW. I wanted to, but couldn't make it.
> Had nothing to grasp onto.
>
> Then I found my old WW materials. Read them again. Realizing that I had done this before. And I
> had lost 50 lbs. And I chose my mantra - my anchor: I have done it before, I can do it again. I
> visualized what it was like for me then, tried to revive my winning spirits. But still - it seemed
> so distant. I felt that I really did not believe I could do it again. Even though we're only
> talking 10-12 lbs.
>
> And then I found my membership book. The book where my weight had been recorded for 14 weeks. From
> 146.1 to 122.5. Down 23.6 lbs. And I looked at every single entry and realized that I HAD DONE IT!
> I just kept on doing it week by week and I lost the weight - down 1.2, down. 3.2, down 2.1, down.
> .8 etc... week by week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in Denmark), but I still have the slider and when it worked
> then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
> cannot take his eyes or hands off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

Excellent post Mette :)
--
Val wishes you all a Happy and Healthy New Year! http://www.copelands.plus.com/Celebrate/2004.htm
msn: val underscored copeland at hotmail dot com

Nothing like the cold reality of photos ;) Good to see you've got your motivation back and I'm happy
you did it early on.
--
WatchingWorks
190/167/130 Drop some weight to reply "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands
> off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

Everybody needs a 'moment' to trigger change. Lots of good luck!!!

--
Hugs, Schmoopie

Great job!! You will be able to do this!!! Keep up the great mantra and visualization--it really
does help to "see" your goal instead of just writing it!!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands
> off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

Mette, you have found "the click", like they say here in my country. We know you can do it. You 'll
be a bombshell Valentine!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/100.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands
> off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

good for you, you can do it and we are all here for you helping where we
can, Lee
> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:47:55 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I think I just had the moment. The one moment when you just know that you have come to the end and
>there is only one choice left: starting a new WOL and WOE.

>I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

That's great Mette. Having that "moment" makes it sooo much easier. Best of luck :)
--
Erin in NZ
125/90/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Good luck Mette

--
Brenda
209/176/150 NYNY goal 160

> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands
> off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:47:55 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I think I just had the moment. The one moment when you just know that you have come to the end and
>there is only one choice left: starting a new WOL and WOE.

Woohoo. Remember what it feels like, and take pictures now so you can look back in a few months time
to see ho wfar you've come.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

WOW! What a super post Mette :) Unfortunately I can relate to your situation :-( I was going
through my old charts and realised that I had gained a pile of weight, but even more in size (after
I stopped exercising). It creeped on, and now it's time for it to creep right back off again! Best
of Luck to you, and let's hope Valentine's Day proves to be your most memorable yet! Vanessa In OZ
:) Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to 140)

[...]

I'm glad that you chose to do something. Good luck on your journey, we'll be there with you!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/210.5/155 RAFL 218/210.5/198.5

Mette wrote:
> I think I just had the moment. The one moment when you just know that you have come to the end and
> there is only one choice left: starting a new WOL and WOE.
>
> Last night was New years. I had planned a quiet night with my fantastic boyfriend and we had the
> greatest time and he took a LOT of pictures with his digital camera. And they made me cringe. When
> I looked at the photos it reminded me of how I felt when I was even more overweight. I found
> myself avoiding the camera and feeling embaressed and selfloathing by what I saw. And I suddenly
> saw myself through his eyes and everyone elses. This tiny,

> was no more. The tires around my stomach, the extra chin, the round fase, the big flabby arms had
> returned and I realized that I had betrayed myself. I did not keep my promise to myself.
>
> Still, today I finished off the remaining bags of chips and candy, drank chocolate milk and didn't
> move myself physically and inch all day - knowing that tomorrow was the big day one.
>
> But I felt a bit lost. I didn't know where to start. Couldn't really feel the motivation. Just
> like I felt almost 4 years ago the weeks prior to starting WW. I wanted to, but couldn't make it.
> Had nothing to grasp onto.
>
> Then I found my old WW materials. Read them again. Realizing that I had done this before. And I
> had lost 50 lbs. And I chose my mantra - my anchor: I have done it before, I can do it again. I
> visualized what it was like for me then, tried to revive my winning spirits. But still - it seemed
> so distant. I felt that I really did not believe I could do it again. Even though we're only
> talking 10-12 lbs.
>
> And then I found my membership book. The book where my weight had been recorded for 14 weeks. From
> 146.1 to 122.5. Down 23.6 lbs. And I looked at every single entry and realized that I HAD DONE IT!
> I just kept on doing it week by week and I lost the weight - down 1.2, down. 3.2, down 2.1, down.
> .8 etc... week by week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in Denmark), but I still have the slider and when it worked
> then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
> cannot take his eyes or hands off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

Great post, Mette... pictures CAN be so cruel sometimes, really. I find myself at least turning up
my nose if not cringing when I look at myself sometimes... and then there will be the occasional
picture where I only have one chin instead of two and all seems well with the world again. lol oh I
better stop typing now...

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.6/172

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands
> off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

This post reminds me of me! I really need to re-dedicate myself to the program. I lost 70 lbs 4
years ago and have put on 25 in the last 2 years. I have a closet full of clothes I cannot wear
anymore and it is super frustrating. I SWORE I would never gain the weight back. My downfall was
stopping exercising, being lazy about eating (a HUGE problem for me), and somehow not realizing that
yes, all that **** I was putting into my mouth REALLY would make me gain weight again. My husband is
very supportive and has no preference when it comes to my body size but he did what I asked and told
me I really ought to reign it in if I wanted to get it back in control. WHY is it that you miss one
or two days of exercising and you end up giving it up? I went to the gym 5 days a week and
absolutely loved it (I even got certified to teach cardio kickboxing!). I need to get back in the
groove. I went for a long walk today and am going to the gym tomorrow. UGH! I need to pull out my
old journals and stick to those menus until it becomes second nature again.

Jill

> [...]

> week..down down down...and I started to cry.
>
> This was not someone elses booklet. Someone elses success story. It was MINE. And I rememered with
> every fiber of my body the feeling of success I felt with every new entry in that booklet. I
> remembered my success and I felt it again!!
>
> I want to do it again! I can do it again!
>
> And I am starting to count my 18-25 points tomorrow. It is the old 1-2-3 program and the booklet
> doesn't have regular Danish food (I am in
Denmark),
> but I still have the slider and when it worked then, it will work now!
>
> I want this!
>
> The big motivation lies 6 weeks ahead. In 6 weeks around Valentines Day I can celebrate 6 months
> anniversery with my boyfriend who has truly changed my life. And I want to be a bombshell that he
hands
> off. ;o)
>
> I think I just had the "moment". This is now. I will not let myself down.

"Jill" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> This post reminds me of me! I really need to re-dedicate myself to the program. I lost 70 lbs 4
> years ago and have put on 25 in the last 2
years.
> I have a closet full of clothes I cannot wear anymore and it is super frustrating. I SWORE I would
> never gain the weight back. My downfall was stopping exercising, being lazy about eating (a HUGE
> problem for me), and somehow not realizing that yes, all that **** I was putting into my mouth
> REALLY would make me gain weight again. My husband is very supportive and has no preference when
> it comes to my body size but he did what I asked
and
> told me I really ought to reign it in if I wanted to get it back in
control.
> WHY is it that you miss one or two days of exercising and you end up
giving
> it up? I went to the gym 5 days a week and absolutely loved it (I even
got
> certified to teach cardio kickboxing!). I need to get back in the groove. I went for a long walk
> today and am going to the gym tomorrow. UGH! I
need
> to pull out my old journals and stick to those menus until it becomes
second
> nature again.

We must be twins...LOL! For soooo long I could eat almost whatever I wanted and not gain weight. I
was also addicited to the gym! And then suddenly - one day: reality hits you in the face..ugh!

But today is a new day, today is new year and I am going to face the music on my dusty scale right
now - ready for the RAFL challenge:eek:)