The most comfortable seat I've had was...? (For roadies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In article <[email protected]>,
dennisg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > Be respectful when you say that! Fabrizio has earned the right to be arrogant: he is the
> > defending champion of the Tour de Reves, among his numerous other virtual palmares. That
> > Fabrizio posts here is our honour, and his arrogance is his privilege.
>
> Ryan,
>
> I've been reading (and respecting) your posts for months now, but I think you're off base here.
> Someone's success in an endeavor doesn't confer upon them the right to treat the rest of society
> with contempt, and not suffer the consequences. The more we tell famous or successful people that
> they are above friendly discourse, the more arrogance and narcissism you'll find in the world.
> There's already enough of that.
>
> - Dennis in Seattle

Fabs, if you're reading this thread, I think you should mount and preserve this one, but I deserve
partial credit for bringing him in.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Originally posted by Fabrizio Mazzol
"Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rcousine->
> Fabs, if you're reading this thread,

Ok, but what does 'confer' and ' discourse' mean?

People I ride with don't talk like that.

I'm not surprised that you don't the meaning of "confer" and "discourse," but you're apparently all too familiar with "arrogance" and "narcissism."

On 25 Jun 2003 08:30:49 +0950, dennisg <[email protected]> from
[email protected] wrote:

>Fabrizio Mazzol wrote:
> > "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:rcousine-news:rcousine->
> > > Fabs, if you're reading this thread,
> > Ok, but what does 'confer' and ' discourse' mean? People I ride with don't talk like that.
>
>
>
>I'm not surprised that you don't the meaning of "confer" and "discourse," but you're apparently all
>too familiar with "arrogance" and "narcissism."

Only if CycleSport and ProCycling are using them in their features on Lance.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Did YOU find a DIGITAL WATCH in YOUR box
of VELVEETA?
7:34:47 PM 24 June 2003

"Kevan Smith" <[email protected]/\/\> wrote in message
> Only if CycleSport and ProCycling are using them in their features on Lance.
>

On July 8th on stage 3 of the TdF watch me and a few guys like Brochard take Lance's pride down a
notch or two when we attack near La Neuville-Au-Pont at the 98 km mark. It's only a rolling terrain
stage but it's the day before the team time trial. I want to catch Lance out and make him and the
Postal guys work hard to bring our break back so they will suffer the next day.

The last two weeks of my training has seen me really focusing on that stage.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:49:33 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> from Shaw Residential
Internet wrote:

>On July 8th on stage 3 of the TdF watch me and a few guys like Brochard take Lance's pride down a
>notch or two when we attack near La Neuville-Au-Pont at the 98 km mark. It's only a rolling terrain
>stage but it's the day before the team time trial. I want to catch Lance out and make him and the
>Postal guys work hard to bring our break back so they will suffer the next day.

You're getting too obsessed with Lance. Remember, you've got at least two things he doesn't. Just,
you, know, stay within yourself and ride your own race. If you ride 110 percent, you'll do well.
See, in America, there is no I in TEAM, but in France, there IS an I in ÉQUIPE, and that is going to
do him in.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace a radio deliberately ash in wrenches
11:19:53 PM 24 June 2003

Originally posted by Zoot Katz
Most comfortable seats I've had were on Lufthansa.

My most comfortable saddle is an Ideale 90 like this.
http://www.classicrendezvous.com/France/Ideale_alloy90.htm
--
zk
I still don't get how this posting thing works...
Anyway, that Ideale was what came on my Peugeot PX-10 new in June 1965--yes, the saddle with the aluminum frame! I even got a micro-tilt setup for it in the eighties. Then I got serious and got a San Marco Regal.
When I got the Cinelli in 1998, I spec'd a Titanium San Marco Regal.
For this year's (2003) upgrade on the Cinelli, I chose the San Marco Aspide, largely because it was so freaking light and reminded me of the old Brooks (or was it Ideale?) Swallow cutaway saddle. People tend to freak out when they see it, thinking it would be painful, but it's not. The Aspide has turned out to be surprisingly comfortable up to 35 miles (unfortunately, work does not permit me to ride as often as I'd like).
Typically I'd do more 40 & 50- mile rides by this time of year, and those more often (sigh).
Anyway, thanks for the pic. I don't have the saddle for the PX-10 anymore, and to most people this saddle would be unheard of...I still have the PX-10 however!

This is Pandora's box topic, I like the Selle Italia flite Genuine Gel. Seems the wide back is
more comfortable. Also like the Ritchey Vector Wing. Those with cutouts cause problems. Ask your
LBS if you can " audition " saddle before buying, mine does, I just put seat cover on to keep from
scuffing. Good luck. Ken On 20 Aug 2003 08:46:23 +0950, Slidemanic
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Zoot Katz wrote:
> > Most comfortable seats I've had were on Lufthansa. My most comfortable saddle is an Ideale 90
> > like this. http://www.classi-
> > crendezvous.com/France/Ideale_alloy90.htmhttp://www.classicrendezvous.c-
> > om/France/Ideale_alloy90.htm
> > --
> > zk
>
>
> I still don't get how this posting thing works... Anyway, that Ideale was what came on my
> Peugeot PX-10 new in June 1965--yes, the saddle with the aluminum frame! I even got a
> micro-tilt setup for it in the eighties. Then I got serious and got a San Marco Regal. When I
> got the Cinelli in 1998, I spec'd a Titanium San Marco Regal. For this year's (2003) upgrade
> on the Cinelli, I chose the San Marco Aspide, largely because it was so freaking light and
> reminded me of the old Brooks (or was it Ideale?) Swallow cutaway saddle. People tend to freak
> out when they see it, thinking it would be painful, but it's not. The Aspide has turned out to
> be surprisingly comfortable up to 35 miles (unfortunately, work does not permit me to ride as
> often as I'd like). Typically I'd do more 40 & 50- mile rides by this time of year, and those
> more often (sigh). Anyway, thanks for the pic. I don't have the saddle for the PX-10 anymore,
> and to most people this saddle would be unheard of...I still have the PX-10 however!

Status
Not open for further replies.