The most frequently confused words I see in bicycling forums

> there - their - they're
>
> "There bikes were their because there always sure to lock they're
> bikes."

God help us, we had a dipshit spammer put this one out:

"Help underprivileged children get there first bike" on every bike
newsgroup. Argh.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
No .sig today

On 9 Dec 2005 18:53:18 -0800, "Colorado Bicycler" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Just for fun.
>
>The most frequently confused words I see in bicycling forums:
>
>lose - loose - loss
>
>"I want to loose some weight."
>
>advice - advise
>
>"Please give me some advise on bicycling"
>
>a lot - alot
>
>"There were alot of bicyclers there."
>
>there - their - they're
>
>"There bikes were their because there always sure to lock they're
>bikes."
>
>You're - your
>
>"Your the best bicylist I now."
>
>Know - now (see above).
>
>Anyone else with some favorites?

My nomination (and I'm too lazy to go through 121 responses to see if
it's a duplicate) is peddling and pedaling. A bike shop owner moves
bikes by peddling them. The buyer of the bike moves it by pedaling it.

larry

>A bike shop owner moves
bikes by peddling them.

But when my LBS owner test out his bikes he is pedaling them before he
is peddling them. His dog (a poodle) sometimes does some puddling.
And if I pedal my bike to the lake so I can peddle it and buy a
paddling pontoon, then I will be paddling instead of peddling! And all
of this is sort of piddling, anyway. :eek:)

>"Help underprivileged children get there first bike" on every bike
>newsgroup. Argh.

That's not an error - the kids need a bike so they can get there (wherever
that is) before anyone else.
--
mac the naïf