The most technical trail in AZ

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:

>JD wrote:
>> SlackT wrote:

>>> Damn, and no plastic protection. That is some knee shattering, ankle
>>> twisting, forehead splitting, clavicle breaking, forearm snapping
>>> stuff as I've ever seen.

>> Try riding it wet.

>Some probably would! (Pee their pants, I mean.)
>
>Bill "not me, of course" S.

There's double track, single track, and then there's urinary track...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >JD wrote:

> >> Try riding it wet.

> >Some probably would! (Pee their pants, I mean.)
> >
> >Bill "not me, of course" S.

It's all about the right bike for the job, according to the rider's
weight. Your bike at your weight would be a good fit for that trail.

> There's double track, single track, and then there's urinary track...

You live over there, Mark. When is the last time you ventured over
there to ride? If I lived there, it would at least be a monthly
excursion for me because it's so close.

JD

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 04:27:53 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n
<[email protected]> wrote:

>...that I have ridden.
>
>Goat Camp, top of the page:
>
>http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm

I ride stuff like that all the time..........In my dreams.

BRUTAL stuff.

nice,
bill

The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
Sir Isaac Newton

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:

>> There's double track, single track, and then there's urinary track...

>You live over there, Mark. When is the last time you ventured over
>there to ride? If I lived there, it would at least be a monthly
>excursion for me because it's so close.

Never made it to Goat Camp (well, I did make it to Goat Camp in
Glacier National Park in Montana, but that's a different story).

The video reminded me a lot of Geronimo (lots o' loose, large rocks),
which I just didn't enjoy all that much.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mark Hickey wrote:

> >> There's double track, single track, and then there's urinary track...

> >You live over there, Mark. When is the last time you ventured over
> >there to ride? If I lived there, it would at least be a monthly
> >excursion for me because it's so close.

> Never made it to Goat Camp (well, I did make it to Goat Camp in
> Glacier National Park in Montana, but that's a different story).
>
> The video reminded me a lot of Geronimo (lots o' loose, large rocks),
> which I just didn't enjoy all that much.

It's much more technical than Geronimo.

JD

Zilla wrote:
> Nice. How steep was the section around the 6:05+ time
> frame?

Moderately steep. Another view can be seen back around the 5 minute mark
(non-helmetcam shot of a rider riding the outside line)

Michael Dart wrote:
> I think I recognized the trail in the last 30
> seconds of video. Did you ride it anti-clockwise?

Yes, we climbed to the ridge on other trails and then descended Goat Camp

Uphill, in two feet of snow, - both ways? Damn kids.

Nice vid Pete.

Bruce

Shawn wrote:
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>
>> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>>
>>> ...that I have ridden.
>>>
>>> Goat Camp, top of the page:
>>>
>>> http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm

>> Did anyone find themselves going, "OMG Miles, look out for that cliff!"

> Oh yeah.
>
> Shawn

Hmmm... I'm gone (for a while, anyway) but I guess, not forgotten.
Anyhow, I believe the correct quote is "look at the penalty for failure,
dude!"

miles

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> ...that I have ridden.
>
> Goat Camp, top of the page:
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm

In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded a new,
and better, version of the vid.

Similar file size, same quality, bigger video size
(704x396 vs. 428x240) and I fixed the pixel aspect
ratio and eliminated the slight vertical compression.

It's surprisingly viewable at 200%.

I'll also be redoing the holycross and grouse vids
in the same manner.

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>> ...that I have ridden.
>>
>> Goat Camp, top of the page:
>>
>> http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm

> In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded a new, and better, version
> of the vid.
>
> Similar file size, same quality, bigger video size (704x396 vs. 428x240)
> and I fixed the pixel aspect ratio and eliminated the slight vertical
> compression.
>
> It's surprisingly viewable at 200%.
>
> I'll also be redoing the holycross and grouse vids in the same manner.

Man oh man you should see all the smack talking going on over at MTBR AZ
about your video! I think you should set up some hidden X10 cameras to
capture some of them when they attempt it.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>> ...that I have ridden.
>>
>> Goat Camp, top of the page:
>>
>> http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm

> In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded a new, and better, version
> of the vid.
>
> Similar file size, same quality, bigger video size (704x396 vs. 428x240)
> and I fixed the pixel aspect ratio and eliminated the slight vertical
> compression.
>
> It's surprisingly viewable at 200%.
>
> I'll also be redoing the holycross and grouse vids in the same manner.

Man oh man you should see all the smack talking going on over at MTBR AZ
about your video! I think you should set up some hidden X10 cameras to
capture some of them when they attempt it.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>>> ...that I have ridden.
>>>
>>> Goat Camp, top of the page:
>>>
>>> http://www.petefagerlin.com/video_gallery.htm

>> In case anyone is interested, I've uploaded a new, and better, version of
>> the vid.
>>
>> Similar file size, same quality, bigger video size (704x396 vs. 428x240)
>> and I fixed the pixel aspect ratio and eliminated the slight vertical
>> compression.
>>
>> It's surprisingly viewable at 200%.
>>
>> I'll also be redoing the holycross and grouse vids in the same manner.

> Man oh man you should see all the smack talking going on over at MTBR AZ
> about your video! I think you should set up some hidden X10 cameras to
> capture some of them when they attempt it.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

I haven't visited mtbraz and most likely won't due to the whole mtbr
attitude but

several of the people that were on the ride I crashed on do this ride about
once a month. My understanding is that several helmets have had to be
replaced after some of the rides. I would suggest these aren't the guys
posting trash to mtbr!

Gary