The need for a tensiometer

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dvt, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Dvt

    Dvt Guest

    Have you ever tried to check spoke tension by ear with two- and four-year-old boys playing with the
    contents of your toolbox right next to you? I think a tensiometer may be in my future.

    Dave dvt at psu dot edu

    Tags:

  2. Carl Fogel

    Carl Fogel Guest

    "dvt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Have you ever tried to check spoke tension by ear with two- and four-year-old boys playing with
    > the contents of your toolbox right next to you? I think a tensiometer may be in my future.
    >
    > Dave dvt at psu dot edu

    Dear DVT,

    Just feed them some peanut butter and they'll quiet down right away as they start licking it off the
    roofs of their mouths and happily wagging their--

    I'm sorry, I was thinking of barking dogs.

    But won't it be costly, buying two tensiometers in order to give one to each child just to keep them
    both quiet?

    Carl Fogel

  3. dvt-<< Have you ever tried to check spoke tension by ear with two- and four-year-old boys playing
    with the contents of your toolbox right next to you? >><BR><BR>

    Remember that tone will get you somewhere around 'even' tension but not necessarily proper
    tension. Using tone for that is complicated and is affected by so many things it makes it really
    unuseable, IMO-