The Never Ending Merry-Go-Round

Sillyoldtwit

Jan 13, 2006
What's going on in this forum? We now have 3 threads arguing the pros and cons of CrankyCranks.
The threads go round and round and round and round and round ad nauseam with neither side budging an inch. In the red corner we have "The inventor" aka Frank Day, with his one and only staunch supporter Swampy, and a would be fan in roadhouse, who I'm sure Frank wishes would quietly disappear without trace. WD has disappointingly now joined the contenders in the red corner.
In the blue corner we have names too numerous to mention, however special mention must be given to Alienator and N Crowley who with tremendous stamina are still in there going round in an infinite number of circles. Perhaps if they were to apply this admirable stamina to their cycling, who knows, we could possibly see them in the TDF.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I've had enough - I'm out of here. Tyson :p

It been that way ever since I have been around. The doping debate, the campy vs shimano, Godzilla vs Al Gore and I doubt that one person has ****ed their opinion.
This time of the year I believe it is partial boredom. Caught between off season and the Tour of California.

Yep, I agree with JH. When you keep seeing it for this long, it starts to eat away at your eyes, so you unintentionally start to read into it. It would have been all fine and left alone, until you start to read up on some hilarious comedy, provided by one of the most natural comedians (not by his choice) on this forum. No need to mention his name. So then you keep the thread going out of boredom, and just to keep the comedy alive... :D

Sillyoldtwit said:
In the blue corner we have names too numerous to mention, however special mention must be given to Alienator and N Crowley who with tremendous stamina are still in there going round in an infinite number of circles.

N Crowley would argue that he is not going around in circles, but that he is arguing in a linear fashion :p

Kinda looks like a cycling circle jerk to me.....

But, there are some funny posts mixed in there.

"Joined them" Really?... I would have to actually own powercranks, become a "real" cyclist and come up with a ride file suitable for framing before that would happen:)... I didn't think I was joining them... I thought I was avoiding the form = increased power debate (which is getting old) to get to something more like form = possible distraction from training indoors question.

Sillyoldtwit said:
WD has disappointingly now joined the contenders in the red corner.

Sillyoldtwit said:
What's going on in this forum? We now have 3 threads arguing the pros and cons of CrankyCranks.
The threads go round and round and round and round and round ad nauseam with neither side budging an inch. In the red corner we have "The inventor" aka Frank Day, with his one and only staunch supporter Swampy, and a would be fan in roadhouse, who I'm sure Frank wishes would quietly disappear without trace. WD has disappointingly now joined the contenders in the red corner.
In the blue corner we have names too numerous to mention, however special mention must be given to Alienator and N Crowley who with tremendous stamina are still in there going round in an infinite number of circles. Perhaps if they were to apply this admirable stamina to their cycling, who knows, we could possibly see them in the TDF.:rolleyes:

Never ending "questions" and "comments" require never ending responses. I was watching a mythbusters episode the other night and it reminded me a little bit of some of the PowerCranks threads. They addressed some of the myths associated with men going to the moon, did they or didn't they? In this case those who have never been to the moon keep coming up with reasons why those who went there didn't. It was an interesting show.

Fday said:
Never ending "questions" and "comments" require never ending responses. I was watching a mythbusters episode the other night and it reminded me a little bit of some of the PowerCranks threads. They addressed some of the myths associated with men going to the moon, did they or didn't they? In this case those who have never been to the moon keep coming up with reasons why those who went there didn't. It was an interesting show.

You mean never any facts followed by never ending questions. I look at your system from a scientific point of view, while you look at it from a marketing/proprietor point of view. The claims you make and the studies you ignore make for questions. Honest answers would be a nice change.

Sillyoldtwit said:

It could be worse - we could have a thread that ran for years about a guy who misused his trainer and became 'world class'... :p

swampy1970 said:
It could be worse - we could have a thread that ran for years about a guy who misused his trainer and became 'world class'... :p
I wouldn't call it misusing, but abusing would be right. :p

swampy1970 said:
why world class?? He never made it above the 300W threshold which was a tad higher than 4W/kg which is what I can do;). And I'm no world class:D!! Dont mix it dude!:p