The new bike...

Resound

New Member
May 15, 2004
Having found myself in the land of the employed, I had a rush of blood to the head. The job is at the bottom of the food chain, so nothing wildly exotic, but compared to the mountain bike with hastily retrofitted 1½" road tyres, a Giant OCR3 is several orders of magnitude more refined. I want it NOW, but the nice men in the shop very patiently explained that I have to give them the other $800 first.

Bugger.

Those who like pictures and details can look here . Yes, it's all Shimano Sora. That's my budget level.

And it's mine! w00t! Lost the job, but the last paypacket was enough that I could make the last payment, pay rent AND still eat :) Going from a steel frame mountain bike to an alloy road bike...nearly half the weight. I feel all speedy and stuff.

"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote
> And it's mine! w00t! Lost the job, but the last paypacket was enough
> that I could make the last payment, pay rent AND still eat :) Going
> from a steel frame mountain bike to an alloy road bike...nearly half
> the weight. I feel all speedy and stuff.

Pics? More details?
You can't be riding it ALL the time you know..
the public need their fix too.. share! ;-)

hippy

hippy said:
Pics? More details?
You can't be riding it ALL the time you know..
the public need their fix too.. share! ;-)

hippy

I need to recharge the batteries in the camera. This is what I got before it died. And, actually, I can ride it all the time. I'm unemployed, remember? I haven't been though. 75-80km in the first 24 hours isn't TOO bad though. Gawd it don't 'arf flatten the hills out. "like a homesick angel" is the phrase, I believe.

"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> hippy Wrote:
> > Pics? More details?
> > You can't be riding it ALL the time you know..
> > the public need their fix too.. share! ;-)
> >
> > hippy

> I need to recharge the batteries in the camera. 'This'
> (http://photobucket.com/albums/v222/Resound/) is what I got before it
> died. And, actually, I can ride it all the time. I'm unemployed,
> remember? I haven't been though. 75-80km in the first 24 hours isn't
> TOO bad though. Gawd it don't 'arf flatten the hills out. "like a
> homesick angel" is the phrase, I believe.
>

> --
> Resound

Nice ride! But, how the hell did you afford that being unemployed? You're
not Judge Jeff Shaw?

Gup said:
"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> hippy Wrote:
> > Pics? More details?
> > You can't be riding it ALL the time you know..
> > the public need their fix too.. share! ;-)
> >
> > hippy

> I need to recharge the batteries in the camera. 'This'
> (http://photobucket.com/albums/v222/Resound/) is what I got before it
> died. And, actually, I can ride it all the time. I'm unemployed,
> remember? I haven't been though. 75-80km in the first 24 hours isn't
> TOO bad though. Gawd it don't 'arf flatten the hills out. "like a
> homesick angel" is the phrase, I believe.
>

> --
> Resound

Nice ride! But, how the hell did you afford that being unemployed? You're
not Judge Jeff Shaw?

I've only just lost my job. I'd already paid off $850 of the $999 it cost me before that happened and took the remaining $149 out of my final paycheque. I am now impoverished, but I have a shiny bike to console me. It's improved my mood no end. So, if anyone knows of some work going in Melbourne, let me know. Bear in mind that I go back to full time study in March.

"Resound" <[email protected]
> I've only just lost my job. I'd already paid off $850 of the $999 it
> cost me before that happened and took the remaining $149 out of my
> final paycheque. I am now impoverished, but I have a shiny bike to
> console me. It's improved my mood no end. So, if anyone knows of some
> work going in Melbourne, let me know. Bear in mind that I go back to
> full time study in March.

Even I'd give up food for a bike.. :)

What do you do? For work I mean..

hippy