The Newsgroup Personality (recognize anyone?)

Spartakus wrote:

> ... I think you are describing the current administration; the one that has blown off and
> alienated our allies; the one that launched a pre-emptive military attack on a country that posed
> no threat to the U.S.; the one that has driven deficit spending to record highs; the one being
> yanked this way and that by fruitcakes who write stupid, scary **** like this:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400061946/102-5245116-4639334?v=glance...

Please stop disparaging stupid, scary ****. ;)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote...

OK, here's some *on-topic* stupid scary ****... :)

http://buffaloreport.com/articles/030624junesimmonds.html

[email protected] (Spartakus) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...
> > [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote...
> > > [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...

> > > I see that you are swallowing Ed Gillespie's misrepresentations whole, without even chewing.
> > > The truth of the matter is that MoveOn.org sponsored an ad contest challenging people to come
> > > up with 30-second

> > > known as the "Bush Administration".
>

> > have the common horse sense to know how to defend this country.
>
> I think you are describing the current administration; the one that has blown off and alienated
> our allies; the one that launched a pre-emptive military attack on a country that posed no threat
> to the U.S.; the one that has driven deficit spending to record highs; the one being yanked this
> way and that by fruitcakes who write stupid, scary **** like this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400061946/102-5245116-
> 4639334?v=glance

I could care less about what France, Germany and Russia (our erstwhile allies?) have to say about
anything connected to the War on Terror (of which Iraq is central). And I believe in preemptive wars
if they will prevent even greater tragedies than 9/11. Deficit spending will always take place in
time of war. What else is new? I will not read your reference because you have already destroyed any
credibility you might ever have had with me by your defense of moveon.org. You are a partisan as am
I. As Zippy would say, you have chosen your side and it is not the American side.

> > However, we don't need to worry about that eventuality because the American people have enough
> > horse sense to deny that moron any chance of ever getting into the White House.
>
> Only if the American people are more horse's asses instead of Houyhnhnm.

The only states a horse's ass like Dean will carry for sure are California, Washington and some of
those Northeastern states and Mid-Atlantic states (New York for sure). However, sad to report,
Minnesota may also go for Dean because of its traditional liberal heritage from the days of HHH. But
the last election it was very close and it just barely went for Gore as did Iowa.

> > > More than a 1000 entries were submitted. After an on-line poll, the field was narrowed to 15
> > > finalists. Two entries made over-the-top comparisions between ****** and Bush - needless to
> > > say, they didn't make the finals.
> > >
> > > Like I said these commercials were submitted by private individuals; they were not produced by
> > > MoveOn.org. And yet Ed Gillespie and the RNC are dishonestly characterizing them as "MoveOn's
> > > ads" or "the MoveOn ads".
>
> > Nonsense! We know where the hearts of the liberal extremists lay. They are into just one thing
> > and that is hatred of Bush.
>
> OK, we can do this two ways:
>
> 1. I can cite a few conservative quotations like these -
>
> "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

Sounds like an excellent idea to me! Especially in as much as that is what they would like
to do to us!

> "When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not
> getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically
> intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed too. Otherwise they will
> turn out to be outright traitors."

Another really excellent idea! I would not even try Walker, but just take him out and shoot him.
That is what you do to your enemies. I have not quite yet decided if liberal extremists are in the
same category as Walker, but I am tending toward that belief.

> And say with equal conviction that these quotations define the heart and soul of the conservative
> wing in this country; or,

No, you really can't do what you say you can because none of those types ever get to the point where
they are seriously considered for national office. But look at the present field of Dems (the nine
dwarfs). They are all out in left field (except for Lieberman) saying the most stupid things. That
is the difference between the left wing of the Dems and the right wing of the Repubs. The right wing
of the Repubs never get to call any shots and never field any candidates for national offices that
have a chance of getting the nomination. They are like the libertarians that way.

> 2. Acknowledge that the idiots who produced the ******/Bush spots are completely tone-deaf in a
> political sense, and don't speak for all liberals any more than Ann Coulter speaks for all
> conservatives.

(Ann Coulter is my kind of person and I agree with most everything she has to say about the
treasonous liberals.)

The idiots who produced those ******-Bush spots are motivated by exactly the same hatred that all
the left wing liberal extremists have for Bush. It is irrational. It was the same kind of animus
that motivated the intellectual lefties against Reagan. That was also irrational. I think you should
be getting my drift by now that all liberal extremists are nuts and screwballs. If you are a
supporter of Dean, then you a liberal left wing extremist wacko nut (all one word).

> What works for you?
>
> > It is irrational and marks them for the nuts and screwballs that they are. They are foaming at
> > the mouth and are rabid.
>
> Projection: "A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and
> traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person
> lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."
>
> > Moveon.org is nothing but a liberal screed for Dean.
>
> Word-clear "screed" and get back to us.

Main Entry: screed Pronunciation: 'skrEd Function: noun Etymology: Middle English screde fragment,
alteration of Old English scrEade -- more at SHRED Date: circa 1789 1 a : a lengthy discourse b : an
informal piece of writing
2 : a strip (as of plaster of the thickness planned for the coat) laid on as a guide
3 : a leveling device drawn over freshly poured concrete

Merriam-Webster

Definition number 1, in case you are still confused. But I believe other dictionaries would give it
more of a derogatory connotation, which of course is what I intended.

> I like MoveOn; they are doing a fantastic job of mobilizing opposition to Bush's crazy and out-of-
> control agendas and policies.

> > > And you believe anything Bill O'Reilly says, huh?
> >
> > Mr. O'Reilly is more often right than wrong, which is more than you can say for any of those
> > g.d. liberal commentators who infest the major media like a pox.
>
> Bill O'Reilly promised to apologize to the public and never trust the Bush Administration again if
> no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq. Has he followed through on that promise?
> Answer: no, because he is dishonest buffoon (and a bully).

More nonsense! O'Reilly is not nearly so much a partisan for Bush as some believe. He has taken Bush
on on a number of major policy issues, both foreign and domestic. You are thinking of old Rushdie.
But even he disagrees with Bush on a few issues.

Everyone in the world knew that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, including everyone in the
Clinton administration. I think what may have happened is that the underlings under Saddam may have
been lying to him after the First Gulf War because they knew they had to tell him what he wanted to
hear or else they were dead meat.

> > > ObRecumbentBike reference: it took some lobbying to force the Republican-controlled Congress
> > > to restore funding for the Transportation Enhancements program, didn't it?
>
> > That's right! Focus on trivia while the country is engaged in a major war on terror. That is why
> > you are going to be defeated big time in the next general election. You have no sense of what is
> > important and what is trivial. In fact, you have no sense at all!
>
> Ed, see what's in the newsgroup line? We are way off topic here, pal.

This thread was "ruined" long ago and to try to "save" it is impossible after a certain amount of
off-topic messages have been posted to it. But what you and I are doing here is displaying our
newsgroup personalities anyway, so why is it off-topic?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Brian Broomer <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> http://www.praesentia.us/archives/dishonestdubya.html

Good for a laugh Brian! But that sort of stuff is wasted on us conservatives because we just
naturally have a sense of humor about everything under the sun. We are not mired in ideology like
the left wing extremist liberal wacko nuts (all one word) who have no sense of humor at all. Yes,
you can dish it out, but you can't take it!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...
> [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote...
> > [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...
> > > [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote...

> > > have the common horse sense to know how to defend this country.

> > I think you are describing the current administration; the one that has blown off and alienated
> > our allies; the one that launched a pre-emptive military attack on a country that posed no
> > threat to the U.S.; the one that has driven deficit spending to record highs; the one being
> > yanked this way and that by fruitcakes who write stupid, scary **** like this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1400061946/102-5245116-
> > 4639334?v=glance

> I could care less about what France, Germany and Russia (our erstwhile allies?) have to say about
> anything connected to the War on Terror (of which Iraq is central). And I believe in preemptive
> wars if they will prevent even greater tragedies than 9/11.

It so happens that I live in Minnesota too. I think you are hiding Weapons of Mass Destruction. In
fact, someone has given a bill of sale from someone in *****, memorializing your purchase of
yellowcake uranium. And some aerial photographs of a UPS truck parked in front of your house. How
about me and my friends come over and ransack your house? You're an imminent threat, dude!

And who cares what the neighbors think? They're all freedom-hating surrender monkeys! Cough up them
WMDs, Ed, or feel the wrath of Spartakus! ;-)

> Deficit spending will always take place in time of war.

Yeah, especially when you cut revenues by giving the wealthy big tax breaks while
increasing spending.

> What else is new? I will not read your reference because you have already destroyed any
> credibility you might ever have had with me by your defense of moveon.org.

Bwahahahahaha! The URL was to amazon.com, and a book called "An End to Evil: Strategies for Victory
in the War on Terror" by Richard Perle and David Frum, two chickenhawks who have the ear of the
president regarding foreign policy. Among other things, it calls for regime change in Syria and Iran
and a "Cuba-style" military blockade of North Korea and plans for a pre-emptive strike on its
nuclear sites. Scary, scary stuff.

> You are a partisan as am I. As Zippy would say, you have chosen your side and it is not the
> American side.

Zippy is a comic strip character fer crissakes. How about quoting a real patriot and a real
American? Something like this...

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the
President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public."
-- Teddy Roosevelt

Only fools mistake unquestioning acceptance for patriotism. You are a fool, Ed.

> > > However, we don't need to worry about that eventuality because the American people have enough
> > > horse sense to deny that moron any chance of ever getting into the White House.

> > Only if the American people are more horse's asses instead of Houyhnhnm.

> The only states a horse's ass like Dean will carry for sure are California, Washington and some of
> those Northeastern states and Mid-Atlantic states (New York for sure). However, sad to report,
> Minnesota may also go for Dean because of its traditional liberal heritage from the days of HHH.
> But the last election it was very close and it just barely went for Gore as did Iowa.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. In the mean time, there are primaries and caucuses to
keep us entertained. A lot of people believe (correctly, imo) that Bush and his cronies are running
this country into the ground, and will vote for whoever the Democrats nominate as their candidate.
Any one of the announced candidates would be better than Bush, even Joe Lieberman.

On 9 Jan 2004 13:52:43 -0800, [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote:

blah, blah, blah...

In the interest of political equal time, you can join Ed D. in my kill file.

<plonk

[email protected] (Spartakus) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... [...]

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...

> > Deficit spending will always take place in time of war.
>
> Yeah, especially when you cut revenues by giving the wealthy big tax breaks while increasing
> spending.

I will let the economists, of which this country has several thousands, worry about the deficits.
When there is universal agreement among them that deficits matter, then I will give it some
attention, but not until.

> > What else is new? I will not read your reference because you have already destroyed any
> > credibility you might ever have had with me by your defense of moveon.org.
>
> Bwahahahahaha! The URL was to amazon.com, and a book called "An End to Evil: Strategies for
> Victory in the War on Terror" by Richard Perle and David Frum, two chickenhawks who have the ear
> of the president regarding foreign policy. Among other things, it calls for regime change in Syria
> and Iran and a "Cuba-style" military blockade of North Korea and plans for a pre-emptive strike on
> its nuclear sites. Scary, scary stuff.

Richard Perle is one of the best and smartest strategic thinkers this country has. I have been
following his every word for years. We are truly lucky that Bush has the good sense to listen to men
like him. But speaking of scary, scary stuff, the only thing that scares me are fools like you who
don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

The only thing that would move you and your ilk to action would be a nuclear attack on this country
after we have suffered several hundred thousand dead. Even then you would want to run to the UN for
permission to defend ourselves. No thanks! I will take Richard Perle every time before I listen to
fools like you.

> > You are a partisan as am I. As Zippy would say, you have chosen your side and it is not the
> > American side.
>
> Zippy is a comic strip character fer crissakes.

Zippy always posts trenchant and pointed arguments which confirm his conservative credentials and
overall good sense. He definitely is up to my own high standards.

How about quoting a
> real patriot and a real American? Something like this...
>
> "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the
> President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
> to the American public."
> -- Teddy Roosevelt
>
> Only fools mistake unquestioning acceptance for patriotism. You are a fool, Ed.

Patriotism is one thing but not supporting this country in time of war is another. The latter
borders on treason and the last time I looked, that is worse than being a fool. But you are that
too. Poor Teddy Roosevelt would be turning over in his grave if he knew what you and your ilk
were up to.

> > > Only if the American people are more horse's asses instead of Houyhnhnm.
>
> > The only states a horse's ass like Dean will carry for sure are California, Washington and some
> > of those Northeastern states and Mid-Atlantic states (New York for sure). However, sad to
> > report, Minnesota may also go for Dean because of its traditional liberal heritage from the days
> > of HHH. But the last election it was very close and it just barely went for Gore as did Iowa.
>
> We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. In the mean time, there are primaries and caucuses to
> keep us entertained. A lot of people believe (correctly, imo) that Bush and his cronies are
> running this country into the ground, and will vote for whoever the Democrats nominate as their
> candidate. Any one of the announced candidates would be better than Bush, even Joe Lieberman.

How about Kucinich? They are all dwarfs and it doesn't matter who you liberal Dems give the
nomination to. You are going to lose big time against Bush. We have a real man in the White House
now and not an excuse for a man that Clinton proved to be. What a scoundrel he was! I have to laugh
at how he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and how he still manages to do it to the liberal
Dems. It must be nice to be an ideologue like you and never have to think about anything.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Dennis Tresenriter <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> On 9 Jan 2004 13:52:43 -0800, [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote:
>
> blah, blah, blah...
>
> In the interest of political equal time, you can join Ed D. in my kill file.
>
> <plonk>

At least I can respect Mr. Tresenriter as he is being fair and balanced (like Fox News). But how and
why someone can kill file me and not kill file someone like the notorious Mr. Sherman shows nothing
but the most outrageous liberal bias (like the New York Times). I can see that I will have to look
for justice in the next world as this world has precious little of that commodity.

So, Spartakus, welcome to my very exclusive little club of ARBR exiles. Maybe we could form a
sort of Minnesota division since I think there are now several of us from this state who have
been so exiled.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Spartakus wrote:
>
> > ... Zippy is a comic strip character fer crissakes. How about quoting a real patriot and a real
> > American? Something like this...
> >
> > "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by
> > the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treaso-
> > nable to the American public."
> > -- Teddy Roosevelt
> >
> > Only fools mistake unquestioning acceptance for patriotism. You are a fool, Ed....
>
> I believe that Mr. Dolan was referring to the person who posts to cycling Usenet groups while
> hiding behind the pseudonym "Zippy the Pinhead".
>
> I strongly suspect that Mr. Dolan is not a fool, but rather a lonely old man who like to cause
> consternation by posting outrageous things. He appears much too rational and intelligent at times
> to actually believe what he writes.

I see that Mr. Sherman is still speculating about me. And still as wrong as he can be. But rest
assured, I do not mind being called a fool, because that opens the gates for me to indulge my
proclivities to the utmost. And as you well know, I am never happier than when I am reciprocating
tender sentiments to an adversary.

I am alone a lot I must admit. That is a characteristic of being a hermit. But I have never been
lonely in my life. That is because I never spend any amount of time thinking about myself. My
mind is always and forever elsewhere. If you think about yourself you will not only be lonely,
you will go crazy.

I will admit I am getting on in years but who isn't as far as that goes. The only way not to get on
in years is to die young, and I do not see many choosing that option to getting old. No, it is
better to get old and to live a long time because once you are dead you are dead for all eternity.

Enough words of wisdom for one post.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Spartakus wrote:

> ... Zippy is a comic strip character fer crissakes. How about quoting a real patriot and a real
> American? Something like this...
>
> "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the
> President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
> to the American public."
> -- Teddy Roosevelt
>
> Only fools mistake unquestioning acceptance for patriotism. You are a fool, Ed....

I believe that Mr. Dolan was referring to the person who posts to cycling Usenet groups while hiding
behind the pseudonym "Zippy the Pinhead".

I strongly suspect that Mr. Dolan is not a fool, but rather a lonely old man who like to cause
consternation by posting outrageous things. He appears much too rational and intelligent at times to
actually believe what he writes.

> We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. In the mean time, there are primaries and caucuses to
> keep us entertained. A lot of people believe (correctly, imo) that Bush and his cronies are
> running this country into the ground, and will vote for whoever the Democrats nominate as their
> candidate....

Of course, the electronic voting machines with no paper trail verification may count many of the
votes intended for the Democratic nominee as votes for Bush (after all, the controllers of the
companies that make the machines are crony capitalist Republicans).

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything." -
Joseph Stalin

Edward Dolan wrote:
> Dennis Tresenriter <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>On 9 Jan 2004 13:52:43 -0800, [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote:
>>
>>blah, blah, blah...
>>
>>In the interest of political equal time, you can join Ed D. in my kill file.
>>
>><plonk>
>

> At least I can respect Mr. Tresenriter as he is being fair and balanced (like Fox News). But how
> and why someone can kill file me and not kill file someone like the notorious Mr. Sherman shows
> nothing but the most outrageous liberal bias (like the New York Times)....

Mr. Tresenriter has had the benefit of meeting me (and more importantly, Sunset No. 3) in person. ;)

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

> Edward Dolan wrote:

> > Dennis Tresenriter <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >

> >>On 9 Jan 2004 13:52:43 -0800, [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote:
> >>
> >>blah, blah, blah...
> >>
> >>In the interest of political equal time, you can join Ed D. in my kill file.
> >>
> >><plonk>
> >

> > At least I can respect Mr. Tresenriter as he is being fair and balanced (like Fox News). But how
> > and why someone can kill file me and not kill file someone like the notorious Mr. Sherman shows
> > nothing but the most outrageous liberal bias (like the New York Times)....
>
> Mr. Tresenriter has had the benefit of meeting me (and more importantly, Sunset No. 3) in
> person. ;)
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

I have not yet had the pleasure (?) of ever meeting anyone on this newsgroup with whom I have
exchanged words. Therefore, I am unbiased and only respond to whatever words are in front of me
without favoritism. I think I would like to keep it that way. I value my objectivity above all else.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Spartakus) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...
[...]

> > I could care less about what France, Germany and Russia (our erstwhile allies?) have to say
> > about anything connected to the War on Terror (of which Iraq is central). And I believe in
> > preemptive wars if they will prevent even greater tragedies than 9/11.
>
> It so happens that I live in Minnesota too. I think you are hiding Weapons of Mass Destruction. In
> fact, someone has given a bill of sale from someone in *****, memorializing your purchase of
> yellowcake uranium. And some aerial photographs of a UPS truck parked in front of your house. How
> about me and my friends come over and ransack your house? You're an imminent threat, dude!

Spartakus is being silly of course. He wants to personalize the issue as if that will make it any
clearer. He does not believe in preemptive wars. I do. The intelligence of course must be right on.
Any lapses there and it will be a quagmire for sure.

> And who cares what the neighbors think? They're all freedom-hating surrender monkeys! Cough up
> them WMDs, Ed, or feel the wrath of Spartakus! ;-)

Frankly, at this point, having discovered the true nature of the Saddam regime, no one in their
right mind cares much anymore whether we find any WMD or not. And even more importantly, it won't
make any difference if we do or don't. You will continue to think what you want to think and so will
I. It has now become a moot point for all practical purposes.

You should have won the past election with your man Gore and Saddam would still be sitting on his
throne in Baghdad. And he would still be posing a threat to this country and the entire West because
he was definitely contemplating and attempting to acquire weapons of mass destruction with which to
use against us.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...
> [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote...
> > [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...

> > > I could care less about what France, Germany and Russia (our erstwhile allies?) have to say
> > > about anything connected to the War on Terror (of which Iraq is central). And I believe in
> > > preemptive wars if they will prevent even greater tragedies than 9/11.

> > It so happens that I live in Minnesota too. I think you are hiding Weapons of Mass Destruction.
> > In fact, someone has given a bill of sale from someone in *****, memorializing your purchase of
> > yellowcake uranium. And some aerial photographs of a UPS truck parked in front of your house.
> > How about me and my friends come over and ransack your house? You're an imminent threat, dude!

> Spartakus is being silly of course. He wants to personalize the issue as if that will make it any
> clearer.

Oh, I dunno... I imagine that the tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians who were killed or maimed
found the whole thing rather "personalized", as did this 12-year-old boy:

http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/images/noarms.jpg

> He does not believe in preemptive wars. I do.

Well, there you go.

> The intelligence of course must be right on. Any lapses there and it will be a quagmire for sure.

Unintended irony is always the most mind-boggling.

> > And who cares what the neighbors think? They're all freedom-hating surrender monkeys! Cough up
> > them WMDs, Ed, or feel the wrath of Spartakus! ;-)
>
> Frankly, at this point, having discovered the true nature of the Saddam regime, no one in their
> right mind cares much anymore whether we find any WMD or not.

Such cynicism! We certainly didn't care about Hussein's, um, proclivities when we ("we" meaning
Reagan, Bush and Rumfeld) supported his war against Iran and sold him the materials he used to make
chemical weapons to use in that war.

> And even more importantly, it won't make any difference if we do or don't. You will continue to
> think what you want to think and so will I. It has now become a moot point for all practical
> purposes.

Translation: "don't confuse me with the facts; my mind is made up!"

> You should have won the past election with your man Gore and Saddam would still be sitting on his
> throne in Baghdad. And he would still be posing a threat to this country and the entire West
> because he was definitely contemplating and attempting to acquire weapons of mass destruction with
> which to use against us.

ROTFL! I thought you said that the intelligence had to be right on...

Oh that's right - you were being ironic.

Spartakus wrote:

> ... Oh, I dunno... I imagine that the tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians who were killed or
> maimed found the whole thing rather "personalized", as did this 12-year-old boy:
>
> http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/images/noarms.jpg....

Think about all the profits from the no-bid Iraq contracts going out to corporations whose
executives were Cheney/Bush campaign contributors, and you will realize that it was worth it.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

[email protected] (Spartakus) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...
> > [email protected] (Spartakus) wrote...

> > > [email protected] (Edward Dolan) wrote...

> > > It so happens that I live in Minnesota too. I think you are hiding Weapons of Mass
> > > Destruction. In fact, someone has given a bill of sale from someone in *****, memorializing
> > > your purchase of yellowcake uranium. And some aerial photographs of a UPS truck parked in
> > > front of your house. How about me and my friends come over and ransack your house? You're an
> > > imminent threat, dude!
>
> > Spartakus is being silly of course. He wants to personalize the issue as if that will make it
> > any clearer.
>
> Oh, I dunno... I imagine that the tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians who were killed or maimed
> found the whole thing rather "personalized", as did this 12-year-old boy:

Only a few tens of thousands. Damn! We have absolutely got the best military the world has ever
seen. Most wars in the past cost hundreds of thousands of lives. And very few American lives were
lost. That is the main thing of course.

> http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/images/noarms.jpg

Rank sentimentality!

> > He does not believe in preemptive wars. I do.
>
> Well, there you go.
>
> > The intelligence of course must be right on. Any lapses there and it will be a quagmire
> > for sure.
>
> Unintended irony is always the most mind-boggling.

Intelligence is the most difficult thing in the world to ever be sure of. Yet it is always better to
act than not to act if there is any doubt, most especially in this era of weapons of mass
destruction. I think our intelligence is not as good as it should be because the congressional Dems
emasculated our intelligence services prior to Bush becoming president.

> > > And who cares what the neighbors think? They're all freedom-hating surrender monkeys! Cough up
> > > them WMDs, Ed, or feel the wrath of Spartakus! ;-)
> >
> > Frankly, at this point, having discovered the true nature of the Saddam regime, no one in their
> > right mind cares much anymore whether we find any WMD or not.
>
> Such cynicism! We certainly didn't care about Hussein's, um, proclivities when we ("we" meaning
> Reagan, Bush and Rumfeld) supported his war against Iran and sold him the materials he used to
> make chemical weapons to use in that war.

Look up "real politik" in any political science dictionary.

> > And even more importantly, it won't make any difference if we do or don't. You will continue to
> > think what you want to think and so will I. It has now become a moot point for all practical
> > purposes.
>
> Translation: "don't confuse me with the facts; my mind is made up!"

At least you are not denying that there is nothing that would change how you think and feel about
the War On Terror (of which Iraq is central). The WMD issue has by now become irrelevant. Nobody
cares about that anymore except frustrated liberal Dems.

> > You should have won the past election with your man Gore and Saddam would still be sitting on
> > his throne in Baghdad. And he would still be posing a threat to this country and the entire West
> > because he was definitely contemplating and attempting to acquire weapons of mass destruction
> > with which to use against us.
>
> ROTFL! I thought you said that the intelligence had to be right on...

See my remark above about the importance of good intelligence. However, intentions count. That is
what State Departments and National Security advisers spend their lives on, trying to decipher the
intentions of other governments.

> Oh that's right - you were being ironic.

Nope, just being brutally frank and truthful as always.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Spartakus wrote:
>
> > ... Oh, I dunno... I imagine that the tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians who were killed or
> > maimed found the whole thing rather "personalized", as did this 12-year-old boy:
> >
> > http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/images/noarms.jpg....
>
> Think about all the profits from the no-bid Iraq contracts going out to corporations whose
> executives were Cheney/Bush campaign contributors, and you will realize that it was worth it.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

The monomaniacal Mr. Sherman strikes yet once again! He must love this particular refrain as he
keeps chiming it over and over. If he only knew how tiresome he has become he would cease and
desist. But he thinks he is onto something important and significant. Let us hope that Dean makes
this his centerpiece in the general election so that the whole country can have a good laugh!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota