The Next Long Island Muni Ride And A Whole Lot More! Saturday 4/1/06

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
> By 'Patch Kit', do you mean driving away with all my footage, video
> equipment, helmet, jacket, and gloves?

No, that is not what I mean. I mean for the patch on your memory to
forget all your **** in my car.

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

So this is less than a month away. Who's going? We got our first touch
of warm weather here today. It's been a while, and I got in some much
needed practice around the hood. I can't wait to get back on the
trails again. I know Adam is chomping at the bit to ride, after his
injury. Actually I think he started riding? Let him tell us.

So like I said.......who's coming out??:confused:

--
shibumi

Jeff

"Everyone is my equal, in that I may learn from them." Quote from 'All
in the Family'
shibumi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8816

If you like trials you'll love this FUN SPOT!!

Even if you don't like trials there are some awesome tall dirt mounds
to play on!

See you all next week!!

Adam

|Filename: Rock Garden 074r.jpg |

JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Damn, Renie takes such good pictures. I really like "Rock Garden
061R.jpg". And she even prints them out on the computer and by the end
of the ride, you are carrying home a set of pics! Thanks Renie!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out for this ride as I will be
in Orlando, but I look forward to the next one Adam. That trials
playground you found is sweet. I can spend a few days of riding at
just that one spot :)

Adam I too am coming off an injury and it sucks. I sprained my right
ankle at Motorama and wasn't able to walk on it for more than a week.
I have to start wearing Active Ankles now for awhile to prevent
reinjury. :(

Have fun guys!

--
njmuni

Jeffrey Prosa
New Jersey Unicyclist
njmuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5971

njmuni wrote:
> Damn, Renie takes such good pictures. I really like "Rock Garden
> 061R.jpg". And she even prints them out on the computer and by the end
> of the ride, you are carrying home a set of pics! Thanks Renie!
>
> Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out for this ride as I will be
> in Orlando, but I look forward to the next one Adam. That trials
> playground you found is sweet. I can spend a few days of riding at
> just that one spot :)
>
> Adam I too am coming off an injury and it sucks. I sprained my right
> ankle at Motorama and wasn't able to walk on it for more than a week.
> I have to start wearing Active Ankles now for awhile to prevent
> reinjury. :(
>
> Have fun guys!

Being unable to ride due to injury kills the brain!!

Get well soon.

See you next time.

A big thanks from Renie and no problem with the pic's. We look forward
to getting some more great action shots.

Adam

--

DanLee wrote:
> so who else is going?

So far we have between 6-8 of us without counting any surprise
visitors.

Should be a great ride!

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Thanks for coming everyone!

The weather couldn’t be better!

We had 7 riders for the first ride of the season on a day they
forecasted rain (not a drop in the 5 hours of riding).

4 of our riders yesterday where new to the group and proved to be a
great addition.
This ride was the first ride in which we had more than 1 Coker Muni
rider besides myself, we had 3 this time and it proved to be awesome!!

_RIDERS_
Me
Jeff (Shibumi)
Gregg Vivolo (Ride The Unicycle.com)
Mike Menichini
Joe (NJ)
Joe (NJ)
Sam (NJ)

3 riders who come to most of our rides planned to make it yesterday
(Dan Lee, Adam Lee and friend) but didn’t due to the inability of
our forecasters to predict the weather. So they didn’t take the
chance to come from Connecticut. Guy’s call me with any question
next time (516) 702-9807.

For the riders who couldn’t make it, we hope to see you for our
*next ride 4/29/06*. I will post more info regarding that ride within
the next few days.

It's a special day. Lots of people to introduce to the sport of MUni!
There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony for the trails we ride. The
ceremony is for the new interpretive signs along the trails. There will
be dozens of mountain bikers along with Cannondale and other
manufacturers as well as politicians from the local area.
I am checking on the opportunity for some trials features.
It will be a great opportunity for us (unicycling community) to show
everyone the real way to have fun.

Here are some pictures from one spot we stopped to play!

Have Fun!!

Adam

|Filename: Stilwell 143r.jpg |

JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

stopping by to recommend FOX leg armor. They're similar to 661s (which a
friend owns, allowing me to compare), except they have solid plastic
knee guards. I've never had any slipping problems, and they fit to the
knee much more solidly than the bendy 661 leg bit. The rest is petty
much the same as a 661.

(p.s. - I'm jealous of all the fun you guys had!)

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894