The OD Epidemic

alienator

Jun 10, 2004
Cycling is in the midst of an OD epidemic. No, I don't mean the Marco Pantani type of OD. I mean OD as in "Over-Decaled". I don't know which is worse: the spread of tech acronyms on bikes or the spread of ADHD in designers. I offer this Rotor crank set as proof:

That makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. I may have to go guerilla with a bead blaster.

I don't mind a few decals, especialy on the frame, but yeah tend to agree that crank is way over the top

Sometimes when I see a bike frame plastered with decals I wonder if it's just to cover up a poor paint finish, not to mention free advertising...

I pretty much hate all of the "branding" on everything. Unusual paint or graphics are fine if they are part of a complete look and are done nicely. But leave all of the giant names and decals out. I don't want to feel as if I am riding a billboard.

We need pictures of bikes and bike bits OD'd with decals, acronyms, and the like.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Cycling is in the midst of an OD epidemic. No, I don't mean the Marco Pantani type of OD. I mean OD as in "Over-Decaled". I don't know which is worse: the spread of tech acronyms on bikes or the spread of ADHD in designers. I offer this Rotor crank set as proof:

That makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. I may have to go guerilla with a bead blaster.

That crank and it's paint job was designed specifically for use with the ovalish q-rings. The combination of the wonky rings and oddball paint brings epilep, epi,,ep, eki, ple, pleptic fists to roders thta ried bieks cloes yb.