The Oh So Kinky Brake Line

Joseph Jozwik

Guest
Hello Everyone, I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in
it all the time then i have to pump my rear brakes for
stopping power. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't
work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded brake lines are
not so kinky? Thanks Joe

In news:[email protected],
Joseph Jozwik <[email protected]> typed:
> Hello Everyone, I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in
> it all the time then i have to pump my rear brakes for
> stopping power. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't
> work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded brake lines
> are not so kinky? Thanks Joe

I can't see that causing a kink. Are you sure the hose isn't
zipped to the frame too tight at the suspension linkage or
something like that? I've heard good things about Goodridge
brake lines, but haven't used them myself. You can find them
at http://www.balleracing.com

Mike

I have a c'dale lefty jekyll so the route of the brake line
is a bit wrapped. I will check out the goodridge link

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

Michael Dart wrote:

> In news:[email protected], Joseph Jozwik
> <[email protected]> typed:
>
>>Hello Everyone, I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in
>>it all the time then i have to pump my rear brakes for
>>stopping power. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't
>>work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded brake lines
>>are not so kinky? Thanks Joe
>

> I can't see that causing a kink. Are you sure the hose
> isn't zipped to the frame too tight at the suspension
> linkage or something like that? I've heard good things
> about Goodridge brake lines, but haven't used them myself.
> You can find them at http://www.balleracing.com
>
> Mike

I can confirm, Goodridges will not/cannot kink. Number 1
reason to own them, IMO. They are also, "Warrantied
Forever."

Purchased mine from Balle Racing too.
--
Slacker - pricy, but well worth it

Thanks I will check them out. Joe

berlin.de...

Joseph Jozwik wrote:

> Thanks I will check them out. Joe

FYI, it's really hard to follow a discussion if some people
are bottom posting and others are top posting.

Anyway, I have a little 2' piece of hose left over from my
installation. If you want to feel the hose out before
dropping the $$, just shot me an email with a ship to
address; I'll cut it in half (in case someone else wants a
sample?) and mail it to you. No need to return it.

I really didn't have too much of a problem with the stock
Hayes hose till I kinked one, which was a bit of a PIA. But
after seeing just how idiot proof and well made the
Goodridges are, I'll never use the stock hoses again.
--
Slacker