The padded bit in knicks.

Brendo

Guest
How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
them <$40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
larger, but **** quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

Brendo

Brendo said:
These ones just split me up the middle.
Go the camel toe!!

And get some chamois cream or barrier cream. and rub it on the seam where it rubs on your doodle. That should have you sorted in no time.

Lotte :p

Brendo said:
How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
them <$40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
larger, but **** quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

Brendo
for many its trial and error...best to not buy knicks sight unseen unless you know the brand and how it's put together.

I like the two part design, you speak of, with seat pad in a moulding ( for guys and gals ( yes there is a difference)) and then a front towelling section ( but with no seam down the middle- heh heh..camel toe..good one Lotte!).

Search for your fit to find enough "front" to work effectively and not be "obtrusive".

I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension", trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than $40-ish to get the right level of "comfort" :(

Brendo wrote:
> How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
> knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
> them <$40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
> high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
> of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
> length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
> which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
> larger, but **** quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

An extra pair of socks should cure that! :-D

BTH

> I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
> trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
> Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not
> just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always
> at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than
> $40-ish to get the right level of "comfort" :(
>
> --
> rooman

I figured I would need to spend more :)

All my posts seem to be about $$. I'm not really a tigharse, honest!!

Brendo

On May 2, 2:00 pm, Brendo <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
> > trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
> > Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not
> > just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always
> > at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than
> > $40-ish to get the right level of "comfort" :(

> > --
> > rooman

> I figured I would need to spend more :)
>
> All my posts seem to be about $$. I'm not really a tigharse, honest!!

I found it was somewhat false economy to be too tight when it came to
knicks (boom boom)

I had a pair of cheapo lycra ($40?) that were comfortable enough (3m
padding etc), but tore a great big hole in them when I stacked one day
in the wet.

About a week later, I decided one stack wasn't enough and did
something very similar in my Nalini "supplex" bib shorts. Even though
I ended up with very similar road rash on my hip (other side, this
time), the knicks were undamaged: go figure.

They didn't cost me that much, either. $65 from leknicks, if I recall:
a quick look shows they still have them at that price. The padding is
somewhat different to the cheapo ones: its chamois and takes a bit of
breaking in.

Duncan wrote:
> On May 2, 2:00 pm, Brendo <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
>>> trial and error, if you strike it right ...woohoo!
>>> Le Knicks have a huge range. (Sugoi, Biemme, Santini, Assos etc...not
>>> just team stuff, and occasionally some sale items too), and not always
>>> at the top end price wise. However, you may have to pay a lot more than
>>> $40-ish to get the right level of "comfort" :(
>>> --
>>> rooman

>> I figured I would need to spend more :)
>>
>> All my posts seem to be about $$. I'm not really a tigharse, honest!!

> I found it was somewhat false economy to be too tight when it came to
> knicks (boom boom)
>
> I had a pair of cheapo lycra ($40?) that were comfortable enough (3m
> padding etc), but tore a great big hole in them when I stacked one day
> in the wet.
>
> About a week later, I decided one stack wasn't enough and did
> something very similar in my Nalini "supplex" bib shorts. Even though
> I ended up with very similar road rash on my hip (other side, this
> time), the knicks were undamaged: go figure.
>
> They didn't cost me that much, either. $65 from leknicks, if I recall:
> a quick look shows they still have them at that price. The padding is
> somewhat different to the cheapo ones: its chamois and takes a bit of
> breaking in.

I concur. Rode for a while with $40 knicks from Sportsmans Warehouse
(like Rebel), but after I got a proper Peloton 1 pair from my LBS with
chunky big yellow panels of chamois it was muuuuch better ;)

--
//Adam F

LotteBum said:
Go the camel toe!!
Lotte :p

LMFAO - that is hell funny. Dude, you just gotta reach down there and tuck your mate outta the way when he start's complaining. Don't let a hot-headed mate ruin a good day out I say.

If that doesn't work, there's always Etxe Ondo bib's.

gm

> LMFAO - that is hell funny. Dude, you just gotta reach down there and
> tuck your mate outta the way when he start's complaining. Don't let a
> hot-headed mate ruin a good day out I say.

But he works his way back up there again!!

Brendo

LotteBum said:
Go the camel toe!!

And get some chamois cream or barrier cream. and rub it on the seam where it rubs on your doodle. That should have you sorted in no time.

Lotte :p
yeah but be careful you don't dob too much of that stuff on the smaller, more aggressive you - cos if it works its way into the end where it shouldn't, it can = a world of pain (especially assos cream). This comes from the *high-pitched* voice of experience!

In aus.bicycle on 2 May 2007 03:46:51 -0700
Brendo <[email protected]> wrote:

>> LMFAO - that is hell funny. Dude, you just gotta reach down there and
>> tuck your mate outta the way when he start's complaining. Don't let a
>> hot-headed mate ruin a good day out I say.
>>

> But he works his way back up there again!!

A Prince Albert and some string?

Zebee

BT Humble said:
Brendo wrote:
> How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of gentleman's
> knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
> them <$40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
> high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
> of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
> length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
> which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
> larger, but **** quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

An extra pair of socks should cure that! :-D

BTH

you don't need a pair of socks - just one will do:)

Brendo wrote:
>>LMFAO - that is hell funny. Dude, you just gotta reach down there and
>>tuck your mate outta the way when he start's complaining. Don't let a
>>hot-headed mate ruin a good day out I say.
>>

> But he works his way back up there again!!

Your drop bars are way way too low. {X-(

On 1 May 2007 18:42:44 -0700, Brendo wrote:

> I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all of
> them <$40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
> high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
> of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for any
> length of time. The third pair are bibknicks which I got off ebay,
> which are around 2 inches too short for my body. The padding area is
> larger, but **** quality. These ones just split me up the middle.

Your problem is the "<$40" part. It's worth paying for one-piece
seamless contoured inserts, whose front section generally hides
the whole package.

ProfTournesol wrote:
> BTHumble Wrote:
> > Brendo wrote:
> > > How high should the padded part on the front of a pair of

> > gentleman's
> > > knicks reach? I ask because I have a three of pairs of knicks, all

> > of
> > > them <$40. On two of these, the padded section does not reach overly
> > > high, and thoughtfully there is a seam running right down the middle
> > > of the knicks. As such, I am slightly 'irritated' when I ride for

> > any
> > > length of time.

> > An extra pair of socks should cure that! :-D

> you don't need a pair of socks - just one will do:)

Speak for yourself, old chap! Maybe some of us need a little
"enhancement" over what nature provided!

BTH
(Not that there's anything wrong with that!)