The Party and Ride Concept

bikeyyurop

Sep 15, 2014
Hello Guys,

I have come up with an idea that I wanted to share with people on a forum. It would be cool to verify if the idea makes sense and to see if there would be a clientel for this.

It's mainly an online business but you pay for something you can enjoy in real-life. On my website, you will be able to book party tours through The Netherlands. If you would book a tour from - let's say - Thursday the 18th of september until Sunday, you will be sight-seeing during the day on your bike and partying until the early morning. Everything will be taken care off by the company in terms of accomodation, party and the bicycle tour during the day. Should the customer be too hung over, there is also a possibility to take the train to the destination (in case cycling becomes impossible). The tours can be guided (w. translator and route-planner) or self-guided (by using GPS export data for your smartphone). Hotels or camp sites can be reserved on when you book or there might be an opt out, so you can take of it yourself.

For these tours, you would have a whole range of options. Here some examples of potential customers, so you can visualize it better:

1. I want to make a bicycle tour but I want to sleep in a tent and visit coffeeshops. The maximum amount I want to travel a day is 40km and I like to visit Irish pubs and rock/metal bars at night.

--> It is up to my company to know where to go for cool parties and which coffeeshops to visit. I calculate the route, look for camp sites, find out or know which pubs are good and in which city and give the customer a tour (tell something about Dutch culture, architecture and landscapes).

2. My bike tour should consist of long tours (80km/day) through The Netherlands. I do not have a bike yet, so I need to rent one. I want to party until 3:00am max and wish to stay in accomodations ranging between 35€-50€. It does not matter which pubs or bars we go, as long as it isn't pop or r&b.

--> I will rent bikes for this customer and take a repairkit along the way. If something should happen on a long trip like this one, you would need something to repair a pinch flat.

3. I want to go to raves at night, sleep in hostels and visit a shop once. I'd like to peddle through Amsterdam and alongside the coast. 45km max. I want a personal tourguide and translator, as I do not speak Dutch.
--> The company will also have experience when it comes to various sorts of parties. If a specific rave is demanded, the company has to deliver (unless nothing is available). A tourguide/translator is possible as well but costs a daily fee.

Still working on the idea as of now.

Reactions: Damien Lee
A small side note: the idea came to me when I thought about the many tourists coming to Amsterdam and puking on the street for having smoked too much weed. They totally go overboard and fail to see how strong that stuff is.

It would be great imo, if there would be a tourguide that guides the tourists through drug use as well as cultural sights. A good tip a local tour guide could give would be to eat chocolate or drink something with lots of sugar when you think you have smoked too much (classical tip for tourists... really). If you are going to a rave and want to take xtc, make sure you frequently go out to get some fresh air. Especially when there lots of people and little air. Always dose low and take more when needed. etc. etc.

Because 1/4 do more in Amsterdam than just watching museums and sights with historical significance...

People will feel safer and people will be safer when they have the proper guidance.

I have two thoughts on this:

1. Are you sure this doesn't already exist?

2. Is it really a good combination? I've done single day "bike and beer" tours before and riding a bike while drunk or even tipsy is difficult at best and impossible/unsafe at worst. Will people really be up to a day of riding tours when they wake up in a drug and alcohol induced haze? How many days in a row will people be able to party until the wee hours of the morning and still have the energy required to pedal themselves around the next day? Change the bike to a party bus or open air vehicle and you have a brilliant (although probably already fulfilled) tour idea.

Originally Posted by AyeYo
I have two thoughts on this:

1. Are you sure this doesn't already exist?

2. Is it really a good combination? I've done single day "bike and beer" tours before and riding a bike while drunk or even tipsy is difficult at best and impossible/unsafe at worst. Will people really be up to a day of riding tours when they wake up in a drug and alcohol induced haze? How many days in a row will people be able to party until the wee hours of the morning and still have the energy required to pedal themselves around the next day? Change the bike to a party bus or open air vehicle and you have a brilliant (although probably already fulfilled) tour idea.
I don't think the bike and beer tour equivalent with coffeeshops exists. Maybe it can be a tour with possible coffeeshops and parties a customer can visit. A 3 hour bike tour or something.

Still thinking about it. Would be great to make money with cycling tourists passed pubs, bars and shops to get wasted later on.

Funny idea. Sounds good. I've seen people do stuff like this. They concentrate on riding though. They stop at night to eat and sleep. People do this kind of thing. I guess you can add the other stuff if it suits you.

I guess when this starts working out like people actually booking and using your website in such a way, you can always learn more about your potential or your current 'customers' on the go. Meaning, there certainly will be different kind of people asking for many different services, and then according to their demands, you can add some more things/options on your website. :)

I support your idea, and if you are completely sure this can be of a good use to everyone, and that it will work, then great, once you set up your website, I will gladly share it on my social media, and let other people know about it.

Good luck!

Reactions: Damien Lee
That's a pretty neat idea. I also think it's a good way to experience the Netherlands, particularly since it's such a bike-friendly country. It's also quite reassuring for the tourist to know that there's a company that has sorted out matters such as accommodation and the tour in general. This takes out a lot of the guesswork and stress associated with visiting a new country and wanting to experience it all.

If I were to visit Amsterdam or Netherlands I would love to take some videos or photos, take a good look around the scene, try the local cuisine and of course have a bike ride. I think I will pass on the night life mentioned above. Just focus on your target customers and provide what they might look for in their tout.