The Pope. What's He Done?.

FredC

Oct 22, 2004
I've been wracking my brain to find a valuable contribution that came from him for the benefit of mankind. All he ever said was "Pray", and that's not done any good.

FredC said:
I've been wracking my brain to find a valuable contribution that came from him for the benefit of mankind. All he ever said was "Pray", and that's not done any good.
Well, he was gravely apposed to both wars in Iraq. He even wrote letter to George sr. & Saddam Hussain in 1990, asking them if this could be resolved peacefully, [from what I understand]. Otherwise, he’s just "there," he prays a lot, he tell the natives in Africa not to wear condoms.............he is useless, gee!

ryan_velo. said:
Well, he was gravely apposed to both wars in Iraq. He even wrote letter to George sr. & Saddam Hussain in 1990, asking them if this could be resolved peacefully, [from what I understand]. Otherwise, he’s just "there," he prays a lot, he tell the natives in Africa not to wear condoms.............he is useless, gee!
I seem to remember a story from years ago that the Vatican portfolio had a large number of shares in a company that made condoms. Yep, it's a bit rich with all those poor sods in Africa with the AIDS plague. Perhaps they dumped the condom shares and bought shares in drugs to treat aids. A bit like the people of Kalashnikov (Irkutsk?) saying they never killed anyone.

jonny_velo said:
good job you boys dont live over here in italy!!

:eek:
Why? What's going on over at your place. Television blacked out. No use praying for his past sins he's as clean as a whistle. No morals mind you.

FredC said:
Jonnys got more rights to the word 'velo' than you have ryan_bike.
yes, your right. He's been around for 2 years, I have only been here since august.[I had to re-register, in december, hard to explain.] I came up w/ryan_velo after he came up w/jonny_velo. I wonder how many other ****_velo's there are out there?

ryan_velo. said:
yes, your right. He's been around for 2 years, I have only been here since august.
also, Velo is Italian for cycling and the guy is Italian...i think this is what Fred meant..

yea, the old Pope...you gotta love him.

p.s. Its 9:35 pm on a Saturday night and i am surfing on the internet, either i am working or i have nothing better to do....oh god, please someone shoot me..

well, Pope John Paul II has just been pronounced dead by the Vatican half an hour ago...

as a Roman Catholic i will miss him.

God Bless

I always thought velo was the french word for bicycle, but jonny is itailan so of course he would know better than me, I'm just a dumb american........form KY.:eek:

MountainPro said:
well, Pope John Paul II has just been pronounced dead by the Vatican half an hour ago...

as a Roman Catholic i will miss him.

God Bless
That's too bad. He was a good pope. Some called him "god's politician." He was elderly & I guess he lived a good full life. He was good at.....what ever the pope does. Essentially, a spiritual leader.:eek:

ryan_velo. said:
That's too bad. He was a good pope. Some called him "god's politician." He was elderly & I guess he lived a good full life. He was good at.....what ever the pope does. Essentially, a spiritual leader.:eek:
As a liberal American agnostic, I've got to be critical of the Vatican in a lot of respects. But within the context of the RC Church, and the papacy, John Paul seemed to be a pretty decent individual who actively advocated good causes... more so than most of his predecessors, he moved Catholicism towards humanitarianism and pushed for improved dialogue with other organizations, institutions, world governments, and so on. As far as I'm concerned, the RC Church has a long way to go, but John Paul was a force in the right direction.

If I were wearing a hat, I'd tip it. Even so, I've got to finish cleaning the bathroom. Ciao.

lokstah said:
As a liberal American agnostic, I've got to be critical of the Vatican in a lot of respects. But within the context of the RC Church, and the papacy, John Paul seemed to be a pretty decent individual who actively advocated good causes... more so than most of his predecessors, he moved Catholicism towards humanitarianism and pushed for improved dialogue with other organizations, institutions, world governments, and so on. As far as I'm concerned, the RC Church has a long way to go, but John Paul was a force in the right direction.

If I were wearing a hat, I'd tip it. Even so, I've got to finish cleaning the bathroom. Ciao.
I agree with you on that.

ryan_velo. said:
Well the Vatican had someone called Roberto Calvi, who was the Popes Banker, from the Ambrosia Bank. He was found hanging from a bridge in London. Of course it was never mentioned by the Pope, nor was the misappropiation of funds by Bishop Marcinkus of Chicago? Just keep praying and hope it passes by. That should do it. Just wear some of the right clothing, and live in a nice place.
Oh yeh. More ******** on BBC news. He was responsible for the downfall of Communism in his native Poland, along with Lech Walensa in the Gdansk shipyards. That's a bit odd then. I was under the misapprehesion that Reagan, Thatcher, and Gorbachov were doing all that. OOOOOH the power of prayer.

FredC said:
Well the Vatican had someone called Roberto Calvi, who was the Popes Banker, from the Ambrosia Bank. He was found hanging from a bridge in London. Of course it was never mentioned by the Pope, nor was the misappropiation of funds by Bishop Marcinkus of Chicago? Just keep praying and hope it passes by. That should do it. Just wear some of the right clothing, and live in a nice place.
Oh yeh. More ******** on BBC news. He was responsible for the downfall of Communism in his native Poland, along with Lech Walensa in the Gdansk shipyards. That's a bit odd then. I was under the misapprehesion that Reagan, Thatcher, and Gorbachov were doing all that. OOOOOH the power of prayer.

Fred, the job is open. Maybe you would like to apply. You could start a new renaissance and a new age of enlightenment.
Or.... just have the opportunity to ******** a multitude of people. I admit that pissing people off gives me a rush.

In retrospect and comparison to most of mankind, as a whole, I believe he was a very good man and did his best and I hope he is at peace.

jhuskey said:
Fred, the job is open. Maybe you would like to apply. You could start a new renaissance and a new age of enlightenment.
Or.... just have the opportunity to ******** a multitude of people. I admit that pissing people off gives me a rush.

In retrospect and comparison to most of mankind, as a whole, I believe he was a very good man and did his best and I hope he is at peace.
It's a bit late now for a career change. Hey lissen up Renaissance, enlightenment, that's for the Hippies, and that don't work.
I know hundreds of people who led good and honest lives without all the religious mumbo jumbo.
Of course he was chosen as a dedicated celibate man, how boring when the most exciting thing in your life is a dayful of praying. Did he ever fancy a Nun?
He wasn't bad at soccer when he was young. Now then, what are the odds that we have a black pope next?

FredC said:
It's a bit late now for a career change. Hey lissen up Renaissance, enlightenment, that's for the Hippies, and that don't work.
I know hundreds of people who led good and honest lives without all the religious mumbo jumbo.
Of course he was chosen as a dedicated celibate man, how boring when the most exciting thing in your life is a dayful of praying. Did he ever fancy a Nun?
He wasn't bad at soccer when he was young. Now then, what are the odds that we have a black pope next?

I'll up the odds! How about an American Pope or even Australian?

jhuskey said:
I'll up the odds! How about an American Pope or even Australian?
You can name your own odds within reason but I'll do you for 100-1 for either or both. Now that's very generous on a book of 106% overound. Minimum bet is $50. Money can be transferred by ships containerisation systems.
Of course some of the runners are in a fragile state right now, and might have to be put down before the race proper. This is an Ante Post market right now, and the betting stands until the final declarations for the race are published.

FredC said:
You can name your own odds within reason but I'll do you for 100-1 for either or both. Now that's very generous on a book of 106% overound. Minimum bet is $50. Money can be transferred by ships containerisation systems.
Of course some of the runners are in a fragile state right now, and might have to be put down before the race proper. This is an Ante Post market right now, and the betting stands until the final declarations for the race are published.

Well, lets let the man be layed to rest before we divy up his belongings. I would hope for the same for myself.