The Pope. What's He Done?.

jhuskey said:
Well, lets let the man be layed to rest before we divy up his belongings. I would hope for the same for myself.
Too late, the betting market's already well under way.
www.betfair.com special bets section on the menu

FredC said:
I've been wracking my brain to find a valuable contribution that came from him for the benefit of mankind. All he ever said was "Pray", and that's not done any good.
FredC, you are "the voice of reason" in the soapbox :) . See my sig. Plus, I'll wager that you don't live in Ireland :confused: Incidentally, whatever happened to Afreind :confused: The guy who got that "benefits of being a christian" thread started & then left town so to speak. As far as the pope is concerned, didn't he go against RC teaching & concede that the earth might be older than a few thousand years :confused: Also the condom issue makes me angry not to mention the whole sexual predation that has gone on within their hallowed halls. :(

FredC said:
Jonnys got more rights to the word 'velo' than you have ryan_bike.
Come to think of it, Jonny does live in the "Motherland" of cycling. Was the home of Pantini. He's one of the only cyclists I can name other than LA, Hamilton, Ullrich & Basso.

FredC said:
You can name your own odds within reason but I'll do you for 100-1 for either or both. Now that's very generous on a book of 106% overound. Minimum bet is $50. Money can be transferred by ships containerisation systems.
Of course some of the runners are in a fragile state right now, and might have to be put down before the race proper. This is an Ante Post market right now, and the betting stands until the final declarations for the race are published.
Would you accept American "green-backs" :confused: heh heh :)

davidmc said:
FredC, you are "the voice of reason" in the soapbox :) . See my sig. Plus, I'll wager that you don't live in Ireland :confused:
I don't live in Ireland, never have done, but my pedigree for the last 200 years shows that I haven't a drop of English blood in me. Both sides of the bloodlines show this. Even though we were all brought up as Roman Catholics I don't give a stuff about their religion. I rather fancy being an Islamo Fascist pilot, now where's that White House?

FredC said:
I don't live in Ireland, never have done, but my pedigree for the last 200 years shows that I haven't a drop of English blood in me. Both sides of the bloodlines show this. Even though we were all brought up as Roman Catholics I don't give a stuff about their religion. I rather fancy being an Islamo Fascist pilot, now where's that White House?
So, your from the continent :confused: As far as the Whitehouse is concerned, its the one surrounded by evangelicals & defense contractors waiting to make bids. :rolleyes:

davidmc said:
Would you accept American "green-backs" :confused: heh heh :)
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... Mmmmmmmmmm.......I'll let you know. How about bullion? Have you got any left?

FredC said:
And just one of those Raptors F-22 Billion.
Can you imagine having to explain the crashing one of those war-birds to your superior's. Then saying "give me another one". :)

davidmc said:
Come to think of it, Jonny does live in the "Motherland" of cycling. Was the home of Pantini. He's one of the only cyclists I can name other than LA, Hamilton, Ullrich & Basso.
Hey, have you seen the movie "breaking away"??? One of the best movies I have ever seen.

ryan_velo. said:
Hey, have you seen the movie "breaking away"??? One of the best movies I have ever seen.
Yeah, I saw that when it first came out. Loved it. All 'Yank' roadbikers should see it.

FredC said:
I've been wracking my brain to find a valuable contribution that came from him for the benefit of mankind. All he ever said was "Pray", and that's not done any good.

Gee Fred, have you heard of Glasnost? He lived in Poland during the Nazi takeover and later oppression by Stalin and thus hated communism. He was a major player in bringing down communism. As a heathen, I can appreciate that. It is certainly more of a contribution to mankind than you or I will ever accomplish.

I got fed up with watching the endless re-runs of the Pope's passing, every bloody station on our Tv has done it to death, likewise the crash of a Sea King Helicopter resulting in the death of Nine Australian servicemen while trying ot help out in Indonesia. Now that's a sad moment to reflect on for sure, however life has to go on regardless.

That's why I have returned to this abomination, I can see the blowtorch being applied to a few arses here, when the time eventually comes to meet the maker.

One in particular, who's just a miserable old git past his used by date but can't see it.

Tread carefully all, the time will come, as the saying goes with the certainty of taxes and death, no one is excused, not even the non believers, ignorance of the fact is not tolerated.

The Mythical fire's of Hades burns bright?

Apart from that have a good day, TBC

Brian Cotgrove said:
I got fed up with watching the endless re-runs of the Pope's passing, every bloody station on our Tv has done it to death, likewise the crash of a Sea King Helicopter resulting in the death of Nine Australian servicemen while trying ot help out in Indonesia. Now that's a sad moment to reflect on for sure, however life has to go on regardless.

That's why I have returned to this abomination, I can see the blowtorch being applied to a few arses here, when the time eventually comes to meet the maker.

One in particular, who's just a miserable old git past his used by date but can't see it.

Tread carefully all, the time will come, as the saying goes with the certainty of taxes and death, no one is excused, not even the non believers, ignorance of the fact is not tolerated.

The Mythical fire's of Hades burns bright?

Apart from that have a good day, TBC
Why do you write your post's in "couplets" & whats w/ the "have a nice day" at the end of every post :confused: It strikes me as being antagonistic. I don't need encouragement. Other than that, welcome back. I had wondered what happened to you. Seriously.

jitteringjr said:
Gee Fred, have you heard of Glasnost? He lived in Poland during the Nazi takeover and later oppression by Stalin and thus hated communism. He was a major player in bringing down communism. As a heathen, I can appreciate that. It is certainly more of a contribution to mankind than you or I will ever accomplish.
A major player in bringing down Communism ! ! ! That's a new one. Now keep off that local moonshine, you're not used to it. Yeh well he probably did more of that praying game, while I was getting on with proper things.
You know that song by Elton John 'Candle in the Wind'?... Well he wrote one for Mother Theresa when she died. It was called 'Sandals in the Bin'.

hey guys...

i can back up the communism claim... he was behind getting rid in poland, and has done a lot in africa.. bringing down a few civil wars etc... but im the last guy in italy to ask about that!!..

im actually english living over here in italy running a bike training camp...

yep.. velo is french for bike, but i cant remember where i got the name from...

the tv here has been full of the pope all day here... but to honest i went out on the bike and got back to watch the tour of flanders.... !! nice one tom..

the pope? rest in peace...

jonny_velo said:
hey guys...

i can back up the communism claim... he was behind getting rid in poland, and has done a lot in africa.. bringing down a few civil wars etc... but im the last guy in italy to ask about that!!..

im actually english living over here in italy running a bike training camp...

yep.. velo is french for bike, but i cant remember where i got the name from...

the tv here has been full of the pope all day here... but to honest i went out on the bike and got back to watch the tour of flanders.... !! nice one tom..

the pope? rest in peace...
And testiculares to you. Jesus, the worlds been duped. Wasn't it Gorbachov who did Glasnost, can't wait for the Perestroika Papal connection. Now you say he brought down Civil Wars in Africa, along with poverty and AIDS I suppose. You need to get out and do a lot more k's. Your not a relation of Carrera are you? Will he be cremated as a man who set the world on fire.
The reason that I started up this thread was not to get a particular reaction from Roman Catholics, but to get a reaction from the American Evangelical CHRISTIANS of which our Pope is one, a Christian, that is.
It seems that their wagons are still hitched to the bible thumpers and snake oil quacks. Bush is always making references to God being on his side, maybe he fancies the Vatican as being the 52nd state after Israel and Iraq have condescended to his whims. FH he could be the greatest religious leader of all time.