The Problem With Posting

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Muddy, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Muddy

    Muddy Guest

    Everyone here thinks the world should run as clockwork. You comment on spelling, niggling, and God
    forbid a cycle, on the pavement? Well they should be locked up for it!

    Sometimes we have to abide by the rules, the system. But if we do EVERYTHING by the book, we become
    robots. Who here has never gone over the speed limit? Got a parking ticket? Run a red light? Rode a
    footpath? Give the driver next to you the V's?

    Does anyone here abide by the rules?

    I should ride footpaths when I need to get somewhere quicker. But as long as I don't pull a big
    dirty skid down the middle, scare the odd walker, and pull down a couple tree's. I'm not really
    harming anyone. (As long as I don't make habit of it.)

    Muddy - 'Well opinionated anyway!'

    Tags:

  2. Jacknorman

    Jacknorman Guest

    Muddy has written..

    > footpath? Give the driver next to you the V's?

    What are the "V's"?? never heard that term. jacknorman

  3. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Muddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Everyone here thinks the world should run as clockwork. You comment on spelling, niggling, and God
    > forbid a cycle, on the pavement? Well they should be locked up for it!
    >
    > Sometimes we have to abide by the rules, the system. But if we do EVERYTHING by the book, we
    > become robots. Who here has never gone over the speed limit? Got a parking ticket? Run a red
    > light? Rode a footpath? Give the driver next to you the V's?
    >
    > Does anyone here abide by the rules?
    >
    > I should ride footpaths when I need to get somewhere quicker. But as long as I don't pull a big
    > dirty skid down the middle, scare the odd walker, and pull down a couple tree's. I'm not really
    > harming anyone. (As long as I don't make habit of it.)

    What is a "big dirty skid"? How can you do a "big dirty skid" on a footpath?

    darsh

  4. Muddy wrote:
    > Everyone here thinks the world should run as clockwork. You comment on spelling, niggling, and God
    > forbid a cycle, on the pavement? Well they should be locked up for it!
    >
    > Sometimes we have to abide by the rules, the system. But if we do EVERYTHING by the book, we
    > become robots. Who here has never gone over the speed limit? Got a parking ticket? Run a red
    > light? Rode a footpath? Give the driver next to you the V's?
    >
    > Does anyone here abide by the rules?
    >
    > I should ride footpaths when I need to get somewhere quicker. But as long as I don't pull a big
    > dirty skid down the middle, scare the odd walker, and pull down a couple tree's. I'm not really
    > harming anyone. (As long as I don't make habit of it.)

    The difference here is that people know it's wrong. That's not to say that people haven't done it,
    they just don't like to advocate such behaviour in a public forum.

    I think probably the best comparison you came up with is running a red light. People have done
    it, but they're not proud of themselves. Go in to one of the car groups and boast about how many
    red lights you ran yesterday, because you needed 'to get somewhere quicker'. See what sort of
    response you get.

    You still seem to be failing to grasp the concept that you're in the wrong and still appear to be
    under the belief that you should have a divine right to ride where the hell you please.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Darsh <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Muddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Everyone here thinks the world should run as clockwork. You comment on spelling, niggling, and
    > > God forbid a cycle, on the pavement? Well they should be locked up for it!
    > >
    > > Sometimes we have to abide by the rules, the system. But if we do EVERYTHING by the book, we
    > > become robots. Who here has never gone over the speed limit? Got a parking ticket? Run a red
    > > light? Rode a footpath? Give the driver next to you the V's?
    > >
    > > Does anyone here abide by the rules?
    > >
    > > I should ride footpaths when I need to get somewhere quicker. But as long as I don't pull a big
    > > dirty skid down the middle, scare the odd walker, and pull down a couple tree's. I'm not really
    > > harming anyone. (As long as I don't make habit of it.)
    >
    > What is a "big dirty skid"?

    He forgot to wipe his arse.

    > How can you do a "big dirty skid" on a footpath?

    He sat on it.

    Shaun aRe

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Muddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > 'The Problem With Posting', is that you're too fucking stupid to make any sense, even if you
    > possessed any.
    >
    > Oh, and you're ignorant. Yeah - ignorant and stupid. And silly too. OK, Ignorant, stupid, and
    > silly. And daft. Definitely - ignorant, stupid,
    silly
    > and daft. And a wanker.
    >
    > Shaun aRe - That telled 'im.

    "Damn! Let's come in again!"

    Mike - Put 'er in the comfy chair!

  7. Muddy

    Muddy Guest

    > The difference here is that people know it's wrong. That's not to say that people haven't done it,
    > they just don't like to advocate such behaviour in a public forum.
    >
    > I think probably the best comparison you came up with is running a red light. People have done it,
    > but they're not proud of themselves. Go in to one of the car groups and boast about how many red
    > lights you ran yesterday, because you needed 'to get somewhere quicker'. See what sort of response
    > you get.

    Hearing you loud and clear! But It still, we have wankers in here like Shaun Rimmer that think they
    know everything

    > The Problem With Posting', is that you're too fucking stupid to make any sense, even if you
    > possessed any.

    > Oh, and you're ignorant. Yeah - ignorant and stupid. And silly too. OK, Ignorant, stupid, and
    > silly. And daft. Definitely - ignorant, stupid, silly and daft. And a wanker.

    What? You think this does something? I think your cracking! You posted 6 reply's and each one
    avoided answering the question at hand. Why are you even in here? At least Harris answers the
    questions sensibly, and I respect him for that.

    What's Rimmer doing? Hurling abuse, do you think your big for it? You sound small to me. Like a
    child. Harris is making valid points:

    > Go in to one of the car groups and boast about how many red lights you ran yesterday

    I can understand this. But what Im after is knowing why I get abuse for admitting I do it. Im man
    enough, Harris is man enough. Are you Rimmer? Or are you going to crawl into a corner and think up
    naughty words again?

    > You still seem to be failing to grasp the concept that you're in the wrong and still appear to be
    > under the belief that you should have a divine right to ride where the hell you please.

    Nope, Ive grasped that. And think mountain biking should be banned for its destruction. But then
    again Im a hypocrite, be cause I do it. I also thing carbon monoxide should be banned, and the
    slaughter of animals for food processing. But don't millions think this, and do nothing?

    So your answer to that would be. I know that Im in the wrong, and I try not to make habit of it. But
    just because I can say I do, everyone thinks Im obsessed, and do it all the time.

    P.s. Rimmer. Try to answer it with cracking again. It doesn't suit you!

  8. Muddy wrote:

    > Hearing you loud and clear! But It still, we have wankers in here like Shaun Rimmer that think
    > they know everything

    Shaun is, er, like an enigma. Oops, typo, that should read 'enema' ;~)

    One thing you'll find is that people here won't hold back. If they think you're a dick, they'll call
    you a dick. You have to develop a thick skin pretty rapidly.

    > What? You think this does something? I think your cracking! You posted 6 reply's and each one
    > avoided answering the question at hand. Why are you even in here? At least Harris answers the
    > questions sensibly, and I respect him for that.
    >
    > What's Rimmer doing? Hurling abuse, do you think your big for it? You sound small to me. Like a
    > child. Harris is making valid points:

    Shaun has an attention-deficit disorder which requires that he be the centre of attention at all
    time. It comes from being dropped on his head repeatedly as a child.

    >>You still seem to be failing to grasp the concept that you're in the wrong and still appear to be
    >>under the belief that you should have a divine right to ride where the hell you please.
    >

    > Nope, Ive grasped that. And think mountain biking should be banned for its destruction. But then
    > again Im a hypocrite, be cause I do it. I also thing carbon monoxide should be banned, and the
    > slaughter of animals for food processing. But don't millions think this, and do nothing?
    >
    > So your answer to that would be. I know that Im in the wrong, and I try not to make habit of it.
    > But just because I can say I do, everyone thinks Im obsessed, and do it all the time.

    Then maybe it's time you stopped talking about it :)

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Muddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > 'The Problem With Posting', is that you're too fucking stupid to make
    > any
    > > > sense, even if you possessed any.
    > > >
    > > > Oh, and you're ignorant. Yeah - ignorant and stupid. And silly too.
    OK,
    > > > Ignorant, stupid, and silly. And daft. Definitely - ignorant, stupid,
    > > silly
    > > > and daft. And a wanker.
    > > >
    > > > Shaun aRe - That telled 'im.
    > > >

    > > "Damn! Let's come in again!"
    >
    > I can't reach the latch.
    >
    > > Mike - Put 'er in the comfy chair!
    >
    > Yes, and please, light this pipe for me - bit tied up at the moment.
    >
    > Shaun aRe (Errrmm, what were you on about MD?)

    Your rant reminded me of the Monty Pythons Spanish Inquisition sketch.

    Mike

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > make
    > > > any

    > > OK,
    > stupid,

    > > > I can't reach the latch.

    > > > Yes, and please, light this pipe for me - bit tied up at the moment.
    > > >
    > > > Shaun aRe (Errrmm, what were you on about MD?)
    > > >

    > > Your rant reminded me of the Monty Pythons Spanish Inquisition sketch.
    >
    > Ah, see, that'd be subconscious then, because I can't remember the
    sketch.
    > It was al tru wot I sed, tho. I did AccidentAlly omit 'nobhead' from that list. I guess I must be
    > a stupid tw*t. Hey-ho.
    >
    > I knew I shoulda sacked the sky painters. Can't have it all me own way I s'pose.
    >
    > Shaun aRe - p.s. eating more than half a pound of pure lard will make you vomit.

    No doubt it was all true but this is the bit I was thinking of:

    Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is suprise...surprise and
    fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our
    *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to
    the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements
    as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again. (Exit and exeunt)

    The rest here:

    http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/TheSpanishInquisitionSketch

    Mike

  11. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    Speaking of problems with posting, is your server stuttering?

    Mike

  12. >What are the "V's"?? never heard that term. jacknorman

    Back in merry old England, the American single-digit salute is still used in its original two-digit
    form. It looks like Churchill's Victory sign, but backwards (with the palm facing you). Steve HTH