The Real Man

Tritonrider

Guest
From Cyclingnews.com http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/mar03/mar24news2

Museeuw gives kudos to Bettini

Johan Museeuw, who gave up his place in the Quick.Step-Davitamon team for Milan-San Remo, had no
regrets about doing so after watching Paolo Bettini win the race on Saturday. In Het Laatste Nieuws
and Het Nieuwsblad today, Museeuw said that he could not have done what Paolini did for Bettini on
the Poggio. "I don't have that sort of attack in the legs, never had it," he said.

"I reconnoitred the whole Ronde van Vlaanderen on Saturday. I was just back in time for the blood
curdling finale. Impressive stuff from Paolo and Luca. Bettini is the perfect team player who in the
coming years will always be good for at least one classic."

"I know how important La Primavera is for an Italian, especially also wearing the World Cup jersey.
What Bettini did, from the Cipressa onwards, I have rarely seen. I phoned him immediately. What a
great start for our team."

Cipo may have the Jersey, is an awesome sprinter, but Museeuw is a "hardman" legend. The spring
classics in the mess, Hampsten in the blizzard, Lance's attack after "The Look" are what racing is
about to me. It doesn't much matter what chemicals are flowing through you when conditions get
terrrible, and everyone is suffering. Your body might be doing a little better, but where is your
mind? You could be juiced to the gills, if you don't have the will to win, you aren't going to when
it gets nasty. I just hope that cycling retains the working class heros that have made the legends.
They may have no other options, but I don't think this diminishes what they have accomplished
either. When I hear the name Larry Bird, I see the kid who shot 500 free throws in the morning
before school and 500 after. In the winter he shoveled the driveway so he could get his practice
in, twice a day if needed. That's why he's a legend, and that's why Museeuw is too. Bill C

Did larry bird do EPO, too...?

> Cipo may have the Jersey, is an awesome sprinter, but Museeuw is a
"hardman"
> legend. The spring classics in the mess, Hampsten in the blizzard, Lance's attack after "The Look"
> are what racing is about to me. It doesn't much
matter
> what chemicals are flowing through you when conditions get terrrible, and everyone is suffering.
> Your body might be doing a little better, but where
is
> your mind? You could be juiced to the gills, if you don't have the will to
win,
> you aren't going to when it gets nasty. I just hope that cycling retains the working class heros
> that have made
the
> legends. They may have no other options, but I don't think this diminishes
what
> they have accomplished either. When I hear the name Larry Bird, I see the kid who shot 500
> free throws
in the
> morning before school and 500 after. In the winter he shoveled the
driveway so
> he could get his practice in, twice a day if needed. That's why he's a
legend,
> and that's why Museeuw is too. Bill C

>From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email protected]

>Did larry bird do EPO, too...?

Nah, If he did he would've been able to dunk, jump, and run. Bill C.